Numerical Rebalancing

Zooey
1607 posts Member
Instead of completely reworking every toon to be viable, can we (in addition to reworks) have a few numerical tweaks a month?

Like increase the damage done by Kylo's basic by 20%. Increase the offense mod set bonus by 5%. Reduce Anakin's leadership bonus to 1/3 for non-synergy toons. You guys get the picture.

This will provide us with a constantly changing meta and consequently more moolah for them as people spend more to acquire undervalued toons. Some synergy teams like Tuskens might take a lot more reworking, but for others like Nightsisters or Empire, a few numerical changes might make a huge difference. It can't be that difficult to change a few constants in the code right?

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    My meta farming strategy doesnt approve this message.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    When I think of patch notes this is what comes to mind
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    In theory it's not bad but then things become too unstable and ppl stop spending because your money is or could be devalued next week....
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    In theory it's not bad but then things become too unstable and ppl stop spending because your money is or could be devalued next week....

I mean, I don't want them to make drastic numerical changes, mostly just buffs to underused toons. I don't think it should shake up the meta too much, just add a bit to the number of viable squads.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Zooey wrote: »

I mean, I don't want them to make drastic numerical changes, mostly just buffs to underused toons. I don't think it should shake up the meta too much, just add a bit to the number of viable squads.

Yes buffing underused toons would be nice, you did mention reducing Anakin's leader and that's the part that gets a little hard to swallow.

I'm all for improving under used toons. But if they also started weekly lowering or changing stats on other toons it gets bad quickly.
  • Options
    Totally agree... re-works are great and I love them but it seems like just buffing a few key stats would be so much easier across the board. Potency, speed on Tarkin, damage on Sid, damage on kylo etc....
  • Options
    I think someone mentioned even with 100% increase to kylo's basic he would only be hitting for 5-6k. So he would need at least 100% to his basic and his aoe brought to anakin levels. He is still slow so his tankiness could offset that issue.
  • Options
    The first logical and simple solution I've seen in the forum. I complete approve and agree with this.

So many other games do this with overwatch, league of Legends, and heroes of the storm coming to mind.

They could run these small number changes and see how they affect the larger game and then adjust up or down accordingly. Your example of Kylo is great. I love his kit, but his dmg just needs a tweak. This litter things could greatly improve the lives of many characters.
  • Options
    That's the entire point of this game. If they didn't devalue older things, there would be no incentive to spend new money. Instead they introduce new and powerful things for people to chase.