Seeking your advice: gear 10 Fives or gear 9 Royal Guard?

Barhebraeus
620 posts Member
edited August 2016
Hello compadres! I'm in a bit of a quandary, as the title indicates. I'm about to come into possession of my first Mk 5 Droid Caller and I'm not sure whom to apply it to in my arena squad, which is currently (all lvl 78-80, max ability, and fully 5* modded):
Lumi (lead, gear 10)
Fives (gear 9)
Leia (gear 9)
Rey (gear 10)
RG (gear 8)

Should I give it to RG and practically double his protection (with mods) or should I give it to Fives (whom I love, both for his game utility and canonical role) and practically double his protection (again, with mods) as well as significantly increase his attack power?

(And please--no critique of Lumi as my lead ... I'm planning to replace her, eventually; though for now she's tanked-up on mods (with good offense) and helps hold the team down quite well in the top 25)
Post edited by Barhebraeus on

Replies

• Options
    I would go with rg. I had the same decision and that's what I did.

I think lumi bashing is too much and she is underrated.
  • Options
    I will too vote for RG. RG is highly irritating as he taunts and takes away attack from other toon. This will give time to Lumi to heal back everybody.
  • hyperXgen
    169 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    fives as his useful not only in raids but pvp aswel

not to mention as tanks go there are alot better choices than RG
  • Options
    For your team build, a taunting tank is essential to keep Leia/Rey alive for as long as possible. So assigning to RG is a better choice IMO. Will allow you to sneak in a Lumi's heal as well.

Btw, do you struggle without a dispeller? Especially since STH is a common tank in arena squads.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    RG. Advancing him to the next gear level will give him huge amounts of protection.
  • Options
    RG is a great tank id up his gear first he fits in with more teams then Fives does