GW is NOT Impossible - Guide to not throwing your phone

Prev1
TeamWarriors
85 posts Member
edited August 2016
GW is a long tedious chore that takes way too much time, especially after completing over 200+ times. They're not going to change it anytime soon, so lets embrace it. Lets stop complaining about how impossible it is and help each other find ways to beat it.

Here are a couple strategies I use and some from other guildmates that work as well (Note I'm F2P lvl 80 with 38K arena). I've completed every GW (not always without frustration) since I started playing. Feel free to add your own strategies and lets keep it constructive, there is a megathread for GW complaints.

One Team GW
This team I use isn't fully maxed out in gear or level. Nor does it work all the time, occasionally you'll need to switch out toons to see what works best. The key toon in this build is Barris. Barris lead gives Jedis an 8% heal and other 4% every turn. This seems little but it becomes important to when resetting your toons for the next battle. The key is using toons with basic abilities to reset.

Resetting your toons is taking enough turns so special cooldowns are reset for the next battle. This is achieved by picking an opposing tank or toon with high HP that hits like a wet noodle. Any toon with lots of HP would work. Dispose of the other 4 toons leaving that one toon by their self. At this point hit with only basics and don't use any specials. Basic stunners (RG) and TMR (QGJ) help isolate that toon without taking any damage all the while resetting all the cooldowns and getting that Barris lead heal. Never leave your toon hurt for the next node, retreat and try again.

The next strategy is taking out the fangs. The strategy to GW and PVP are pretty much the same. Neutralize dangerous DPS toons like Rey, GS, Leia, IG-88 etc FIRST. They can wipe out your team very quickly, this really should go without saying but it needs to be said.

Manage your TM and the opponent's TM. The idea is to maximize your turns while minimizing their turns. EE is the best TM maximizer for this build as his basic boosts everyone's TM (note you need to have an omega on his basic). QGJ basic TMR is best for minimizing their turns, also his dispelling taunts is important. Try not to hit toons with QGJ that are low on TM unless they're ready to die. I always try to reduce TM until RG can get a turn to stun.

Another note on stun, if a toon is stunned and its RG's turn, stun another character unless you see they have a healer up next and you can take that toon out. Choose who to stun wisely, generally I go for DPS toons, but sometimes its better to stun assisting toons that can be detrimental to your team. For example it could be better to try to stun Phasma or Old Ben and take the big hit from Rey as their team buffs and debuffs can destroy your team. Its really minor but getting into these habits help in harder nodes.

Protectors. I'm talking about RG here. Basic meta right now as his auto taunt is a life saver. Other toons with taunts like ST Han, Chewy, Poe, ST, GG are all fine, but RG's auto taunt seems to work best for me and plus his stun on basic.

Cleanser. For this EE or Ackbar are the best. I use EE for his basic TM increase and his ability to revive. Another replacement for this spot is Daka even though she isn't a cleanser, she can stun a lot which eliminates the need to cleanse if the other team is completely stunned.

Lastly, every team needs a speedy DPS. Its important to be the fastest to take out the opponent's DPS toon. I use either Rey or GS with lots of speed mods for them. Generally they should have a TM boost from the last node so they should hit before their DPS toon has a chance. The idea is to take your TM advantage from the previous node and make it a 5v4 advantage.

Team
Barris 7* Lvl 73 (L)
QGJ 7* Lvl 80 (Omega basic and Harmonious Assault)
EE 7* Lvl 80 (Omega basic and Tribal Healer)
RG 6* Lvl 80
Rey 7* Lvl 80 (Omega everything)

Rey Sub:
GS 7* Lvl 80 (Omega everything - especially Hive tactics)

This team is based on using basics to reset cooldowns. Barris basic heal, QGJ basic TMR, EE basic TM boost and RG basic stun. All these toons are relatively easy farms and mostly toons you should already have for Raids and PVP.

General GW Strategy
Generally I'm not a fan of suicide squads, the reason is that even though the opponent uses their specials, their TM is raised as well. And not always do they use their specials.

One major tactic is using retreat to maximize RNG. In the harder nodes this is most important. When facing dodge leads especially, you'll notice that RNG is exactly the same. Say you attack the same toons in the same order with the same specials and then you retreat. If you retry again, in that same order and same specials used, the RNG is exactly the same. Take advantage of this, there is a set algorithm on how the toons react to the order of specials/basics used. So if facing a dodge team and Rey misses with her leverage, retreat and try her flurry of blows. If she misses again, retreat and try not to throw your phone. Use a basic instead and let it be that she's going to miss regardless, at least you didn't waste her special.

Another factor is repositioning your toons. You could still have the same squads, but RNG will change as the AI tends to attack a position oppose to toon specific on its first go around. The AI later will attack weakest toons. These slight tweaks can drastically change the outcome of the GW battle. EDIT: This may have changed will test tomorrow's GW. EDIT: EDIT: Changing positions does work, when your team is in full health the AI attacks same position.

Another strategy I like to use is TM boosting toons in easy nodes. Don't just fly through the easy nodes, take advantage of them. Put in toons that are back ups for one battle and you'll take minimum damage but gain TM to store them away for harder nodes just in case. This is my back up if on the hard nodes RNG is just not flying my way. Remember changing one toon in your squad randomizes RNG again and Rey may hit her special if she missed before.

Pay attention to what node you're on. The important nodes are 5, 8 and 10. Those are easy nodes before the hard ones. Those nodes its extremely important to make sure your squad is reset in all its cooldowns. Even retreating out if you don't think you have a high enough TM advantage to take on the next node. You never know, you may have a droid team waiting for you on the next node. Once you finish that easy node you can't redo it and could end up being stuck waiting for cooldowns fighting a stacked droid team.

Lastly, synergy can be key. With the right droid team I've heard people can auto through 90% of it. They hit so hard and fast, with the TM boost they're at such a high advantage. I don't use droids so can't give you a complete guide to them. Ewok squads are strong and crazy fast with Chirpa and EE. I also heard good rebel teams with Lando and Ackbar can crush through GW.

What are some of your tips for the people having trouble with GW?
Post edited by TeamWarriors on

Replies

• ""Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."
    Mike Tyson
    It's all good tips/strategy, but it all goes out of the window if you get node 6 that takes out your B team, then node 9 that wipes out your A, and then node 11 that your best leftover toons can't even scratch.
    If you haven't met those opponents, consider yourself lucky. Unfortunately, many of us had.. :(
  • ""Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."
    Mike Tyson
    It's all good tips/strategy, but it all goes out of the window if you get node 6 that takes out your B team, then node 9 that wipes out your A, and then node 11 that your best leftover toons can't even scratch.
    If you haven't met those opponents, consider yourself lucky. Unfortunately, many of us had.. :(

I've hit this same thing too many times to count, and part of my issue is I don't have an A/B and best leftovers. Mine is more a group of F+ kids that flunked out of reciting the alphabet.
  • I've definitely came across crazy modded, droid, old ben, anakin teams. I really use one team and I don't let any of my toons die until the last node. My one team GW build has worked for me and they're sitting at 32K power taking out 42K+ pvp meta teams. Its about taking advantage of TM boost from the previous node. If I'm able to take out a DPS toon made of glass then it become 5v4 and its a fair fight then.
  • TW, all I'm saying we all have different experiences. I have been playing since Dec 2015, got two accounts to 80, dropped them and started my 3d one from scratch. Not bragging, just saying I've been through 3 different scenarios. But I can't say I've seen 100s of them. I just know enough that my case, your case, and Uncle Bob's case can be drastically different, and while some tips (like "keep your toons alive and healthy and get TM at 100% at the end of each bout") are more on the universal side of things, the devil is in the details. Naturally, a lot depends on what toons you have presently. Which, in turns, depends on which toons you has chosen to farm long time ago. Which, please agree, can vary a lot and is impossible/very hard to change now.
    In my view "GW is fine" proponents basically are addressing the crowd of homeless/hungry people from inside of their Bentley, and giving them advice to eat healthier and consoling (or worse, accusing) them of their previous poor life choices. Not helping, really. GW is screwed. Life is not fair. #wai
  • TW, all I'm saying we all have different experiences. I have been playing since Dec 2015, got two accounts to 80, dropped them and started my 3d one from scratch. Not bragging, just saying I've been through 3 different scenarios. But I can't say I've seen 100s of them. I just know enough that my case, your case, and Uncle Bob's case can be drastically different, and while some tips (like "keep your toons alive and healthy and get TM at 100% at the end of each bout") are more on the universal side of things, the devil is in the details. Naturally, a lot depends on what toons you have presently. Which, in turns, depends on which toons you has chosen to farm long time ago. Which, please agree, can vary a lot and is impossible/very hard to change now.
    In my view "GW is fine" proponents basically are addressing the crowd of homeless/hungry people from inside of their Bentley, and giving them advice to eat healthier and consoling (or worse, accusing) them of their previous poor life choices. Not helping, really. GW is screwed. Life is not fair. #wai

I have to disagree that experiences are different accordingly to difficulty. The algorithm they use is the same for everyone. (Except for the easy node 12 which I only recently gotten) Assuming everyone else that can complete it don't have trouble or are having an easier time because they have a different game than the people who can't complete it is false.

You did hit it right on the head that if you don't have certain toons it can be extremely difficult. I laid out my blueprint and every nuance that I use to complete GW. And like every part of the game, you have to choose what toons to have to complete each section of the game. Raids are difficult to score high without Teebo. Similarly when people first started posting solos of T7 P1 and strategy guides to beat it, the thought shouldn't be well I don't have Teebo, so you shouldn't be addressing homeless/hungry people from inside the Teebo Bentley. People changed strategies and were rewarded for investing in TMR toons. GW is actually the most forgiving in terms of ways to approach it and you don't necessarily need my specific build, other builds work too.

The purpose of the post is to get people's strategies and successes of what they use. Give you goals to complete so GW is manageable. If you don't want take the advice that is fine, you can always keep posting your grievances to the GW megathread.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    I'm sorry but Barriss as a leader is useless when most of your squad still has protection. You're a lot better off using an offensive lead like Phasma, who's much easier to farm.
    Also EE is very hard to get to 7* and doesn't provide much for your team if you aren't running more Ewoks. I'd suggest replacing him with Daka, easier to farm, you double up on your stuns, and she still has a rez/heal
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Another factor is repositioning your toons. You could still have the same squads, but RNG will change as the AI tends to attack a position oppose to toon specific on its first go around. The AI later will attack weakest toons. These slight tweaks can drastically change the outcome of the GW battle.

I've just got to take exception to this point. I keep seeing it don't think it's actually true. Every single time over the past few weeks (as far back as I remember), when I retreat, move my characters around and then renter the fight, the AI targets the same characters in the different positions in the same order, with the turns turning out exactly the same. The only different is perhaps one hit might be a crit, or one might land one mor DoT.
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    I'm sorry but Barriss as a leader is useless when most of your squad still has protection. You're a lot better off using an offensive lead like Phasma, who's much easier to farm.
    Also EE is very hard to get to 7* and doesn't provide much for your team if you aren't running more Ewoks. I'd suggest replacing him with Daka, easier to farm, you double up on your stuns, and she still has a rez/heal

I use Barris as an one all team, so she's from start to end. So after the protection is gone, in the hard nodes, Barris becomes viable. Barris does hit a wet noodle, but for some reason she's been working well for me. I do actually swap in Phasma for lead when I get to hard nodes and Barris is not doing much for me, but surprisingly I can survive with Barris most of the time. Usually when dodge leads come in I take her out.

EE is actually pretty fast if you invest in the guild store, almost as fast a Rey build. I do like Daka and she's great for GW, I just like EE TM up basic better. EE is also 100% reliable rez and is great for raids. Just IMO.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    As a F2P with a ton of characters at 7* and purple gear, GW can be a nightmare for people who arn't prepared. I also truly believe it is impossible for some at certain times. Even I, with a large roster, am locked out of GW once in a very blue moon.

I honestly haven't been stopped at node 6, but there are times when node 9 and 11 are Anakin, RG, Rey, Sun Fac, and 5s. If I run into both of those teams 9 and 11? I'm done. It's happened at least twice in a month.

The teams, properly modded, are impossible for me to beat. Sure, I can cleave out node 9 and lose my A team, or half of it. I then lose the rest of my best to node 11. Full offense anny, +30 arrow rey, potency 5s, tenacity/defence rg and sf? yea, watch as rey gets 2 turns before your team goes, anny critting aoe for 30k, SF/RG being completely unkillable, and 5s just double tapping you for 5-8k per shot.

If you lose your A/B team to them, then your c/d/e/f teams which arn't g10 will die long before their turn even arrives.
  • PixieClock wrote: »
    Another factor is repositioning your toons. You could still have the same squads, but RNG will change as the AI tends to attack a position oppose to toon specific on its first go around. The AI later will attack weakest toons. These slight tweaks can drastically change the outcome of the GW battle.

I've just got to take exception to this point. I keep seeing it don't think it's actually true. Every single time over the past few weeks (as far back as I remember), when I retreat, move my characters around and then renter the fight, the AI targets the same characters in the different positions in the same order, with the turns turning out exactly the same. The only different is perhaps one hit might be a crit, or one might land one mor DoT.

I've seen it happen occasionally but only when everyone is full health. I have not tried this recently as I haven't needed to do this, but this is a tactic I used awhile ago. They could have updated the AI since. I'll test it out on tomorrow's GW. If there is a slight change in crit that means RNG changes so it can still be useful.
  • TeamWarriors
    85 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Toukai wrote: »
    As a F2P with a ton of characters at 7* and purple gear, GW can be a nightmare for people who arn't prepared. I also truly believe it is impossible for some at certain times. Even I, with a large roster, am locked out of GW once in a very blue moon.

I honestly haven't been stopped at node 6, but there are times when node 9 and 11 are Anakin, RG, Rey, Sun Fac, and 5s. If I run into both of those teams 9 and 11? I'm done. It's happened at least twice in a month.

The teams, properly modded, are impossible for me to beat. Sure, I can cleave out node 9 and lose my A team, or half of it. I then lose the rest of my best to node 11. Full offense anny, +30 arrow rey, potency 5s, tenacity/defence rg and sf? yea, watch as rey gets 2 turns before your team goes, anny critting aoe for 30k, SF/RG being completely unkillable, and 5s just double tapping you for 5-8k per shot.

If you lose your A/B team to them, then your c/d/e/f teams which arn't g10 will die long before their turn even arrives.

Definitely ran into a couple of those teams before. SF is the worst to face along with Ani and Aalya. Don't get me wrong, it took over half an hour of retreating and testing different toons to take them on. I have found preloading backup toon's TM on the easy nodes does make facing that team a little more bearable.
  • I use nodes 1 and 2 to prime my B-teams and then my A-team completes nodes 3-10 and possibly 11. Node 6 may require a retreat to switch out another toon and occasionally this happens in nodes 3-10. If I lose an A-team toon, I retreat and shake up the team. Nodes 11 and 12 vary depending on the enemy toons but I can usually manage to clear node 11 with a variant of the A-team.

On Node 12, I take out the worst offenders first (Anakin, Rey, Leia when she's not hiding) with B-teams. Sometimes QGJ or Teebo are needed to remove taunts but QGJ is on my A-team so I try to not use him. If there's a Dooku or Aayla, I hold Teebo back for his leader ability until I whittle down to them. When I'm down to 3 enemy toons, the A-team has no problem.

A-team: Phasma (L), Rey, Lumi, QGJ, Poggle. Sometimes Teebo or Daka are subbed in. Sometimes I'll bring in Ewok Elder to boost Teebo's usefulness and if I expect toons to be lost.
    B-team 1: HK47 (L), IG86, IG88, IG100, Java Engineer.
    B-team 2: Ackbar (L), Fives (not a rebel...), Biggs, ST Han, Luke

Sapper team: Sidious (L), Vader, Kylo, Talia, Yoda. Used to inflict damage over time (DOT) to remove protection for tough final node teams.

Sweepers brought in for particular enemy teams: Dooku, RG, Ewok Scout.
    Pawns: Chewi, RG ( :'-( )

Thanks for the input! Do you have Leia? She'd be killer in your B-team 2. I don't have B-teams because I can't bear the thought of losing a toon :( but it does happen after wasting an obscene amount of time retreating.
  • Hehe cool story OP. You apparently haven't run an alt that is sub level 80. Like when your 9th, 11th and/or 12th node is level 80 gear 9-11 and your squad is level 73 g8 at best.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Anyone running a decent Chief Nebit in GW? He's next on my list and am curious how well he works keeping your main team's protection up before the final nodes.
  • Hehe cool story OP. You apparently haven't run an alt that is sub level 80. Like when your 9th, 11th and/or 12th node is level 80 gear 9-11 and your squad is level 73 g8 at best.

Not sure how you know exactly what teams I've run into in GW, but I've ran into many maxed modded teams 10K power above my team. Just giving input what has worked for me and trying to get people to share what works for them. Keeping it positive and constructive. GW megathread is where to vent your frustrations.
  • Anyone running a decent Chief Nebit in GW? He's next on my list and am curious how well he works keeping your main team's protection up before the final nodes.

I've only gotten him at 5*, on paper he looks like he be great for GW with protection up but haven't gotten him fully maxed. Also he looks like he works best in a droid team. I've diverted my farming to Rebels for the event so it may be awhile before I get him up and running.
  • A kill limit of 999,999 is hardcoded into GW killbots. I just send wave after wave of younglings into the fray until the limit is reached.

Can you elaborate on that, please? Do you mean 999,999 dmg done? And what happens next, after, let's say, I have enough canon fodder to feed these bots?
    +1
  • SKZDarthSLR
    142 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Toukai wrote: »

That was my experience as well. Now I'm into easy node 12 (hope it will last), but before that 9/11 would strip me dry of my best toons, and here comes node 12 just like yours, and good luck with that.

Naturally, if I had, say, 25 arena-worthy toons this would not be an issue, as I would simply overwhelm this single last node with 3 fresh squads. Unfortunately, after two months of playing this account I'm lucky to have 12, the rest is not on par with the task.
  • My god all of you have posted so much info here and no trolling, I had to skip all of it because I already complete gw every day. Look gents, there is something wrong with this stoopid system. I just had a level 76 guildie take a pic of his nodes, and it dawned on me. His gw is harder than mine. I'm at like 40k power, getting the same node 11 as him, and he doesn't even have any super star toons. Not only that, I get the baby lotion soft node 12. So he's literally playing a much harder game than me. I didn't even lose a toon in my galactic chore.

You guys can say what you want, but when the little homie from yo guild has a harder game mode than the big homie how is that working as intended, just what does working as intended mean anymore :o

I do it every day. My last three nodes are always lvl 80 g10 geared and modded. Im lvl 72 with g9 gear and great mods. My A team can carry me to node 11 and occasionally I'll have to reset on 9. With node 11 I just send in a scrub team that will die fast so the AI blows all its specials basically killing my toons in 1-2 turns. The fight with my A team after is academic. With node 12 I have to send in a B team and its entire goal is to dissolve protection. I'll then send in my A team and determine if I can stand or if I need to send in a second scrub team to make the AI put some secondaries on cool down. Scrub teams are a great help, but only if they die fast as their only purpose is to cause the AI t activate cool downs.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    You guys can say what you want, but when the little homie from yo guild has a harder game mode than the big homie how is that working as intended, just what does working as intended mean anymore :o

You're 100% right... the players who are trying to catch up are getting screwed over and it's going to be a bigger issue when they decide to implement a level cap increase. While we're @ cap level right now... just wait until you feel the same pain as the players who are trying to catch our current cap. I can't wait until I have to face the 12th node then with whale teams two gear levels higher than mine! <end of sarcasm>
  • Go with Dooku as your lead and Daka instead of EE for Dooku (L), Daka, RG, Rey, QGJ. The other team can't hurt you if they never go. Since you'll see a lot of Jedi throughout your GW try, Dooku's stun and ability block will be very helpful. Add in a Daka with an Omega'd primary and potency from mods as well as an RG with extra potency and you'll be able to escape most battles unscathed. Remember to use Dooku instead of RG or Daka to attack Jedi and that Harmonious Assault has a 50-75% chance to call a stunner to assist so make use of that as well. Using this team I can usually get to node 10 or so before any of my team dip from protection into health.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    ""Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."
    Mike Tyson
    I have met them, but (until now) I always managed to beat them somehow. My strategy is pretty much the same like that of op. But I do use suicide squads very occasionally on some ultrahard nodes althpugh I try to avoid it at all costs, because you never know what comes in the next node.
    And I don't have a big focus on Barris, my most important chars are Phasma, QGJ, GS, Rey, RG, Leia, Daka, Lumi. Often playing also with Dooku-/Ben-/Teebo-/Ackbar-Lead.

@OP: Nice work, pretty much sums many very important points up.

Edit: But I'm also just another LVL80 with a decent roster. I can imagine the sub80s really have a even more huge pain to go through the hard nodes in GW.
  • One of my favorite GW tricks is charging Old Ben's turn meter early, then benching him. Then bringing him in as lead on node 6/9/11 or 12. OB goes early, rips off Mind Tricks and usually that's enough to neuter 1 of 3 or 4 hard GW nodes. Makes a huge difference.
  • I've only not completed once since starting in december.
    34k Arena team. Regularly 1+ million in raid in 1 team any t7 phase but 4. No major p2w here and only got into t7 a couple weeks ago.

Here's the only advice you'll ever need to complete it.

#1 Don't focus farm an arena team to be so far above your bench players that they are worthless scrubs.
    #2 Have a deep bench of marginally developed characters.
    #3 Use the lower nodes 1-5, 7-8 to charge up turn meter for your A and B teams.
    #4 when you don't need turn meter for a major player, use a lower level sub or 2 on your team. They won't nick anyone on 11 or 12, so if they die earlier than that its OK.
    #5 Retreat if you lose a major piece, such as your dispeller, or taunter before 11/12. If anyone dies in any node other than 6/9/11/12, rethink your tactics or team, its bad.
    #6 Do not use suicide squads. This used to be a great tactic, but turn meter changes have turned this into a bad thing to do now.
    #7 Try to beat the node without losing anyone, and using the lowest possible power level champs you can to win. I get through GW fully using AA, Luke, JC, Poggle and a 5th substitute based on who Im up against. None of the above toons are over gear 8. Poggle and JC are lvl 60, Luke is 70. Noone has Omega anything.

GW is a breeze. I did 3 runs this morning in about 2 hrs total on my main. The only ones failing GW are the ones that have completely specialized a single team for arena from what I've seen.

Arena is possibly the most fun/challenge in this game, but people are so caught up in their ranks that they lose sight of everything else. If you are hardcore and able to snipe for top ranks every payout the rewards are not that impressive enough to lose out of all the other sections of the game. Even getting rank 1 when it comes down to it, does not give enough to justify completely focusing to a single team. The difference between say 5th at payout and 50th at payout really isnt that much different. 100 crystals and 100 tokens?
    My main hangs around 50th, and I have an alt that hits top 5 on another server. The difference is negligible.
    Over a month, thats literally only $20 worth of difference in crystals. IE not enough for me to make it a point to be on and in snipe mode everyday. And chances are you won't be able to max out whatever character you are farming out shards for instantly either, so really, what do you think your getting by completely focusing on a single team to get a miniscule payout in a single mode, vs completely developing your collection?

• APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    I lead with my strong Raid squad and then begin to sub in my Dark Side squad (Sid, Vader, Phasma, GS and Kylo Ren) for nodes 6-8, then bring in my A team for nodes 9-10, sub in my remaining Raid squad for node 11 and clean up if needed with Dark Side and bring back A team for node 12. I lose a couple of toons here and there but I win the war.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • How I have 100% win rate in GW:

I value my cool downs and understand that saving abilities for when I need them is better than just throwing them away.

Proper target priority. The list of permutations is extremely long, but Rey, Leia, characters that revive all have high priority.

And finally, my team:

1. Phasma Lead
    2. Rey
    3. FOTP
    4. RG
    5. Old Daka/Lumi (for when protection runs out and I need more heals).

Simple as that. I haven't failed a single GW in months using these simple rules. Generally I don't even lose any characters beyond RG occasionally when the taunt overdoes it with counter attack teams.
  • @Malcontent4 Love the OB trick, need to use that myself. Dooku, Phasma and OB are great leads instead of Barris, I just happen to like holding on to the olden days before protection and plus most of my protection is gone by node 9 and she's key to my one team GW. Another reason I like using her is she's effective for nodes 1-10, I have much stronger toons for node 11 and it makes me feel better to have stronger toons on the bench once I hit those Ani, SF, Aalya, Rex, Droid B2 teams. I don't send in my PVP team in unless I need to.

Though suggesting to hold back arena power seems like a good idea, after I broke the threshold of the easy node 12, I did wish I bumped my arena power up earlier. Node 11 is still a pain, but not having to do one more GW node is worth the arena bump.

It does suck that easy node 12 exists and people sub80 are getting boned, but they've already ignored a massive megathread and repeatedly said they're not changing it. I think we need to adapt and share tactics.