How to make Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper useful..

SpencersSocks
361 posts Member
edited August 2016
So I've just gotten both of these characters to 5* to use in potency battles and truthfully they have potential but are terrible in their current state.... I love both of these characters from the series and would love to have them usable in some game modes...

Stormtrooper:

Weaknesses - Snail-like speed, abysmal hp for a tank and a taunt ability that is severely lacking....

Proposed fix:
First - give the poor guy a hp buff because the just over 14k hp is just pathetic for a character who's only ability is to taunt.... The next lowest taunting tanks health is sthan is around 16,500 up which he makes up for with he bonus taunt ability... At least make it comparable.

Second - his special on his taunt has a 50% chance to remove 10% tm when he is damaged. This is absurd from the lowest hp taunt in the game. Make it 100% (still able to be resisted) and 20% which is how much sthan gives his allies when he is damaged (note that this cannot be resisted so sthan would still be a bit better)

Third - honestly he doesn't even need a speed boost if the other changes are made...

The result would be a usable tank in certain combos that would actually be close (but still not quite) to as useful as sthan....

Snowtrooper: (small note that it's ridiculous that he has 18k health now when his taunting counterpart has 4k less....)

Weaknesses - snail-like speed, too low proc chance on his basic and ineffective aoe

Proposed fix:
First - increase his primary proc of ability block at least 60% if not closer to 80% especially when other characters have these numbers on theirs often... Seriously 50% when omega'd is ridiculous...

Second - one or more of 3 things.... Either change the ability that procs with his aoe or how it is enabled (how often do you think Snowtrooper is going to have a finishing blow with his aoe especially with the cool down it has) or give it a ton more damage.... Not as much as anakins aoe but something close to that ballpark.... He has to do more for it to be worth it... And honestly if he gets a damage buff it won't matter as much if he has low speed because he is fairly tanky and his speed can be improved to average with mods and a tarkin lead.... He just needs something to be relevent...

What do you guys think? Feedback would be great!

The more characters that actually have a purpose the more diversity we are likely to see throughout the game!
Post edited by SpencersSocks on

Replies

• I'd rather see Tarkin and Vader get boosts from having 'trooper units on the team than any of them getting major reworks. Though I agree they could use some tweaks.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Push2Stops wrote: »
    I'd rather see Tarkin and Vader get boosts from having 'trooper units on the team than any of them getting major reworks. Though I agree they could use some tweaks.

I don't even view these as major rework though.... Both units are garbage now but won't take much to be useful
  • In all fairness they are pretty much cannon fodder just above a basic battle droid. I actually like the idea of giving them significant buffs via unique character leader abilities. I think having no-names dominating (I.e. GS) is a bit much...tuning them to have really useful group synergy sounds better I think.
  • Jman1701 wrote: »
    In all fairness they are pretty much cannon fodder just above a basic battle droid. I actually like the idea of giving them significant buffs via unique character leader abilities. I think having no-names dominating (I.e. GS) is a bit much...tuning them to have really useful group synergy sounds better I think.

While I agree in principle that's not how this game has ever worked and don't expect it to change any time soon.... While certain characters are only viable in certain lineups they should still at least work with some purpose on their own
  • I have Snow Trooper at 6* and he's pretty disappointing. Any boost would be welcome.