Why are event tiers locked by star level?

This bugged me endlessly in the Yoda event, but come on now - why lock tiers based on star level? I should be able to attempt the Emperor with my mismatched group of toons. If I get smoked, so be it, I'll know to level them up. Not being able to try though is incredibly frustrating.

My Rebels are:
7* Ackbar
7* Biggs ( thought the ship synergy would be something awesome, then they changed him)
6* Leia
4* STH, Lando, and Luke

I think I could at least take him out in the 5* star tier, can't enter though. Kinda stinks..

Replies

• I like it. Get crystals & credits each tier. It's fine the way it is.
  • In case you haven't noticed yet every event revolves around money. Sure you could complete it with all 5* but they want people to spend money leveling them all the way.
  • DarthAl wrote: »
    I like it. Get crystals & credits each tier. It's fine the way it is.

I'm not sayin get rid of the tiers, I'm saying just have them unlocked, as you complete them, and playable without the star level restriction
    markusfive wrote: »
    In case you haven't noticed yet every event revolves around money. Sure you could complete it with all 5* but they want people to spend money leveling them all the way.

I get it and I know that's what it's all about, the balance to keep f2p engaged, while not making the p2p feel like they're getting cheated. This is the most playtime I've ever actually had in a f2p game like this (Avengers Academy for example is impossible f2p, not nearly as much gameplay, different style game but still.) Just wish they'd allow for skill and strategy to win out on these events a little more.