About that other finger: make Credit Heist daily

Prev1
My shard was a ghost town before the recent update. Many players have come back--- well done to the game makers and thank you for the concession, it is much appreciated.

So now that you've given us one finger... Consider that I could spend 25 million credits right now just on leveling up my top three rows of toons. Upgrading mods? Er...

150k - 350k every 6-12 days isn't going to touch sides for me. I need millions. At least a million a day over and above what I'm already getting. So make Credit Heist a daily event and up the payouts. Please?

While I'm no whale I do support you financially, but I can't afford to spend any more than I already do. So while my dollars won't make a difference to you, my presence in the game will. No one likes a ghost town.
Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.

Replies

• Options
    +1000000000000000
  • Options
    Don't change it!!! Leave it as it is. Thanks Devs.

Please be joking.
  • Options
    I understand your frustration and often have to be discerning on how I spend credits.

If you complete the heist on both difficulty levels though, which can be done twice, you get one million credits. Coupled with the increase in Galactic War payouts, existing Challenges, and other rewards and you should be looking at roughly 6 million credits a week. To bump that up to 12 million a week would be quite a shift. I doubt the credit crunch is so bad that it needs to be dealt with so heavy handedly.

That being said, I have a number of toons with full shards/gear/mods that could use the extra cash, but that's the point of the game. You shouldn't have enough credits to do EVERYTHING right away. And even if we did get 12 million a week, there's no way we'd have enough training drones to use it. Thus, the cycle would start all over again but this time it would be training drones that needed to be doubled, then ability mats, etc etc.
  • Options

I agree. changing the credit situation would ruin the game. everyone with maxed out toons.. very boring.

we should have to work for toons. it's the point of the game.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Weekly is great. I look forward to it.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Bravo for the credit heist and bravo for this mans suggestion. Game progression is already slowed down by shards and gear. Costing millions of credits for starring up, leveling toons, leveling mods is just an extra middle finger on the grind cake.
  • Options
    As much as I would love the credits to do everything, half the fun for me is deciding which toons to invest the resources in. Game for me would get extremely boring if you take most of the team building strategy out of the picture and if everyone had all toons starred, geared, lvl'd and Mod'd to the max. Whales are still going to get theirs and more power to them.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Darthpippa wrote: »

I agree. changing the credit situation would ruin the game. everyone with maxed out toons.. very boring.

But how else are we going to complain we have nothing left to upgrade? We need to be able to complain about that! ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    One day a week or 2 would suffice.
  • licky
    112 posts Member
    Options
    make it an every friday thing and i'll be happy
  • Options

Yeah, you guys must be right. I finally managed to scrape through Tier I of the Heist and I got R300k! I used it to get my Dengar to level 35 and my Cad Bane to 41. Oh! And I also upgraded a 4-dot triangle all the way to level 14! And yet... Why do I feel so underwhelmed? Must be something wrong with me
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I think weekly would be fine.

Getting 1 mill credits daily would be boring, frankly. Everyone would be able to get a huge roster of fully maxed toons and there would be no "grind" and progression to the game that makes it fun.

I enjoy the daily game playing I do to work towards building up toons and it feels good when I can level or gear up toons over time.

Giving me 7 million credits a week means I would have all the toons I need to max out from 6* to 7* done in less than two weeks and I could probably fully mod all my toons in pretty short time.

Would be too easy, IMO.
  • Options
    I prefer it random-weekly and always unannounced. After all, it's a robbery, and it SHOULD be a surprise.
  • Options
    Make it weekly instead of every 12 days (maybe 10?) that would be enough.... If we it daily we would get 1.7 mil crystals a day including gw.... This would be awesome for a couple weeks but then credit crunch would turn into credit overload.... While I agree the credit crunch is ridiculous right now I think there should be a bit of a crunch just not as severe as the current one...
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Not every day, every 3 days
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Weekly is nice. Daily would be like 2 mil credits a day for those that complete it + GW and other dailies. Too much maybe.
  • Options
    Galactic war can give you over 500k a day (i think), plus including bounty hunter and credit heist, so that is definitely sufficient. Thats more than 4.5 mil a week, which is enough to level your toons, and a million a day would make the game way too easy and unfun. Also, we would run out of training droids, and need more of those, etc. etc., and it just creates and enless cycle of prices going up.
  • Quantifier5485
    179 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder if those with a credit crunch in-game are in a credit crunch in real life. Credits are not supposed to be spent on anything and everything. You don't need a 7-star Magmatrooper or a Nightsister.

If you want one, pay $$ for a credit pack. With proper budgeting there is no crunch.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    licky wrote: »
    make it an every friday thing and i'll be happy

• Options
    Sometimes I wonder if those with a credit crunch in-game are in a credit crunch in real life. Credits are not supposed to be spent on anything and everything. You don't need a 7-star Magmatrooper or a Nightsister.

If you want one, pay $$ for a credit pack. With proper budgeting there is no crunch.

This does not fit in today's 'I deserve everything I want right now!' Mentality. -1 for using common sense in a game.
  • Options
    I plan. I save (sometimes). I have shards to 7* a double handful of lvl 1 toons that aren't part of the current goal. I finish all daily activities, every GW and only missed the second tier of the heist the first time it ran because I didn't have Dengar yet.

I agree that the game would be less fun if everyone were handed a maxed roster, but anyone saying that more credit would turn into that scenario clearly isn't playing competitively at the endgame.

If I could (near)instantaneously spend 132million credits *just on what I currently possess* then there is a crunch. My mods are sub-par, but you need 5* to stay near the top. They will need to be replaced. 6-7* are on the way. New toons are on the way. Still working on squads and gaining shards daily.

The crunch is real. It should be less. Saying more credits would just cause a training droid shortage is absurd. Give me the money and let that be the hurdle.
  • Options

This is great advice IMO.. :)
    ... changing the credit situation would ruin the game. everyone with maxed out toons.. very boring.

Totally agree!...without something to strive for we are just "finished" what fun is that? :/
  • Hanburger
    163 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Leveling a character = appx. 5 million credits; if those credits were purchased with crystals that would cost about $50 in real currency.
    Maxing stars = 2 million credits or $20 in crystals.

Already we are at $70 to purchase 1 character and we haven't even touched gear, mods, shards or ability mats.

1 digital character costs far more than an entire video game, if purchased through crystals.

People are not upset because of some desire for instant gratification. They are irritated because game makers are coercing them into paying outrageous prices to be competitive in a game they enjoy.

Have you all ever consider aurodium packs? These are only visible if you have spent > $200 on the game. As a result, what do players get? A discount in thanks for bank rolling the game? No, they get slightly more expensive lottery tickets with a better chance of not giving you garbage.

Stop making this about people being impatient, when they are justified in calling out corporate money grabs.
  • DroidsURLooking4
    365 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hanburger wrote: »
    Leveling a character = appx. 5 million credits; if those credits were purchased with crystals that would cost about $50 in real currency.
    Maxing stars = 2 million credits or $20 in crystals.

Already we are at $70 to purchase 1 character and we haven't even touched gear, mods, shards or ability mats.

1 digital character costs far more than an entire video game, if purchased through crystals.

People are not upset because of some desire for instant gratification. They are irritated because game makers are coercing them into paying outrageous prices to be competitive in a game they enjoy.

Have you all ever consider aurodium packs? These are only visible if you have spent > $200 on the game. As a result, what do players get? A discount in thanks for bank rolling the game? No, slightly more expensive lottery tickets with a better chance of not giving you garbage.

Stop making this about people being impatient, when they are justified in calling out corporate money grabs.

There is a HUGE fallacy upon which this above argument is based.

Fact: Leveling, gearing, and modding characters is FREE. And for most characters, starring them is FREE as well. It just takes time and patience.

This is a fact. You do not need to spend money. It's free. The monetary values cited above are not correct if you exhibit patience. The stars, levels, mods, and gear cost exactly $0.00. And not a penny more.

So how can these free attributes of the game be a corporate money grab? Those dollars reflect the TIMELINESS OF DELIVERY of those attributes. The goods and services you are acquiring have NO monetary value. The speed at which you are receiving them is what you are paying for.

What doesn't sit well with people is how long it takes to become competitive with heavy spenders. The impatience and unwillingness to put in work and time to amass scarce resources, and then allocate them SMARTLY instead of the willy-nilly hemmoraging of credits and crystals is what the developers focus on. If you are impatient, the delivery timeliness of the FREE attributes is the cash grab.

The developers are cashing in on the weakness of the playerbase's human nature. You want stuff faster than the next guy so you can stay ahead. And you can't get the stuff faster than the next guy without spending money. That's the business plan.
  • Options
    Yes with time they are free; however, that is not the reality of the game. When a player is warned 3 days ahead of time about an "extremely rare event" which they need 5, 7* character of specific type, how, other than expediting the process with cash, is a player supposed to make an adequate team? You could spend the two weeks it takes to earn that currency, but that isn't what the game is designed for.

You are right, it is free to play, but that is denying the pressures put on the player by the developers.
  • DroidsURLooking4
    365 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hanburger wrote: »
    Yes with time they are free; however, that is not the reality of the game. When a player is warned 3 days ahead of time about an "extremely rare event" which they need 5, 7* character of specific type, how, other than expediting the process with cash, is a player supposed to make an adequate team? You could spend the two weeks it takes to earn that currency, but that isn't what the game is designed for.

You are right, it is free to play, but that is denying the pressures put on the player by the developers.

Fair. But we all should look in the mirror and be able to say--"Well, a 7* Palpatine isn't in my future right now"... If we aren't able to do that self-reflection and accept that we can't have everything right this instant, then we really need to be more realistic with our expectations.

Nobody is owed a 7* Palpatine. Nobody is owed a 5* Palpatine. It's a bonus for those who have the right characters. And if we don't, then it's something we can work towards over time, should we chose to. I can't unlock him now, but hopefully I can (for free) before the end of the event. But if I can't, then that's life. There are a lot of things in life I wish I had. But sometimes we miss out. And we'll be better prepared for the opportunity whenever it arises again.

Out of curiosity, are you as torqued up about not getting Grevious right now as you are Palpatine? Why not? Grevious has been available for much longer. What's the difference between the two? Why are your expectations to have Palpatine right now so different than from unlocking Grevious right now? Or Han Solo?

The developers don't put the pressure on us. We put it on ourselves by having unrealistic expectations.