Please Do Not Nerf Palpatine After Our Monetary Investments

xNine
82 posts Member
edited August 2016
I, like others, have invested money to unlock Palpatine. $60 for me, to be exact. We're giving in to your business model and buying the $40 rebel pack (and additional 1200 crystal rebel packs) in which you have timely released at the time of the Emperor's Demise event. It would almost seem as false advertising if a company sells a good and then drastically changed the value of it.

Sith and Empire characters have long been considered awful in the meta of the game. Palpatine, a single rare character to unlock, makes the empire and sith a viable team through synergy.

It would be a shame if the rise of the dark side would be crushed by the whiny players who cannot stand to have faction/team diversity in the game. I don't think we want a meta shift right back to over-used teams like Old Ben/Phasma.

Replies

• Why would they nerf him. He isnt that good.

I've just heard and feared of it happening. A past example may be Yoda.

Hahaha oh man............. @John_Matrix1985 You tell good jokes...... Well we hope you are joking..... Because being able to block rg from taunting extremely effectively and have a chance to stun the entire enemy team and give tm boosts to his entire team through debuff application.... We might question whether you play the same game we do!

On the flip side.... If you're being a troll then bravo! You have used the internet in the least clever way available....

You have to be joking...either you haven't unlocked him or you haven't seen him in action...the guy's a beast
    Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies...ask me again, I'll spit in your eyes
  • If he is too OP then he'll be nerfed...
  • You are all ok in knowing that he will not be nerfed at least until after the next event in which people can try to unlock him. Cause it will take me that long to get him and if history is anything to go by he will get nerfed a few days after I unlock him. It has happened with leia, yoda, fotp, and a few others. So for know you are all safe no nerf yet
  • Monetary investment is never a good reason to not need a toon. If he's massively unbalanced he should be nerfed. Fortunately he's not op; he's just seriously good and especially against jedis and rebels.
  • I am going to close this with two thoughts..

In the words of Ray Davies "Paranoia, the destroyer.". I really don't think you have too much to worry about.
    Also preemptively calling people "whiney" and accusing the makers of "false advertising" is probably not going to make this in any way a productive and informative thread.. :/

Just enjoy your Palp, glad you got him.

Welcome to the forum.
This discussion has been closed.