Whoever created Palpatine deserves a raise.. Buff these toons next tho home slice

Hey this post is kinda long, so if you're allergic to reading, turn back now and save 5 mins out of your life..

Anyways.. Whoever created Palpatine's Kit managed to make every single empire and sith toon very good under his leader ability. Homeboy deserves a raise, boss man.. He's a great toon, though an argument can be made that he is OP, due to his aoe having a 70 percent chance to stun. If he EVER receives a nerf id want that to drop to 45 percent. And NOTHING else to be done to him. Other than that he is perfectly fine.. But this thread is more about other toons. When this event comes around a few more times Palpatine will take over the game. He'll be on every team, just like Ben and Dooku used to be a few months ago.

Toons that need a buff to combat Palpatine and other meta toons:

Yoda - Please give the grandmaster a unique ability now. Something that can help against sith, and or boost team damage or speed. He has no unique ability at the moment, and he is kinda poor in arena defense. His tenacity up is a counter to Palpatine. But he is an average toon, and needs more against other toons.

Mace windu - He has one of the WORST unique abilities in the game. I know you guys just boosted his basic and special damage, but he still needs alot more. He bested Palpatine in the movies, why not give him some anti sith synergy. Or anything to help the Jedis out a bit? There is still no reason at all to use mace over qui gon.

Asajj - Dear god make her faster, my turtle gets two turns before Asajj can go once. Fix her ai to only use the aoe dispel when an enemy has taunt, or 2 or more enemies have offense up, NOTHING else should be dispelled. Also make her leader ability affect Seperatists and night sisters.

Kylo Ren - man this girl is so weak. Please fix this chick.. And give her a leader ability while you're at it. I kinda want her to counter Rey/ resistance lol. Idk why I just do. So how about this.. Leader ability: First order allies gain 25 speed, and whenever a first order ally gains advantage, one first order member will attack once.
Unique ability - Kylo Ren has a 45 percent chance to reset her cool downs upon being attacked, and she can hit through foresight. Kylo Ren also has a 80 percent counter chance. Just completely remove his retribution. It's 2016 man.. No one ever even falls for that anymore. And yes I know some of you think Kylo Ren is a guy, but have you actually used "him"?

Last but not least, another easy way to help Palpatine not take over the game, is to release Rex to f2p. I see it coming. I've been rubbing my crystal balls trying to figure out what date it's gonna happen. He is the best counter to Palpatine.

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I'll leave this here....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/623471#Comment_623471

I remember when our thread was discussing a two turn stun for Emperor, can't believe that made it in. We were also discussing potency leader ability, but what we got was much more.

Edit: I'm not trying to take credit, just saying that the community of Empire players appeared to have some influence.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Look at the OP buttering up the devs lol
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I butter up no one but misses EscapeArtist thank you very much..
    Aero wrote: »
    I'll leave this here....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/623471#Comment_623471

I remember when our thread was discussing a two turn stun for Emperor, can't believe that made it in.
    Oh wow lol.. You know I don't even notice the two turn stun. I just notice him shocking the entire enemy team and bam.. Instantly turning the tables for my team lol. It's EXTEMELY hard to lose on offense with Palpatine leading my team now. Whenever I'm in trouble he stuns almost everyone. And his buddy royal god who now has even more hp protects him. How's your empire team doing with him?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    I'll leave this here....

I remember when our thread was discussing a two turn stun for Emperor, can't believe that made it in.
    Oh wow lol.. You know I don't even notice the two turn stun. I just notice him shocking the entire enemy team and bam.. Instantly turning the tables for my team lol. It's EXTEMELY hard to lose on offense with Palpatine leading my team now. Whenever I'm in trouble he stuns almost everyone. And his buddy royal god who now has even more hp protects him. How's your empire team doing with him?

My Emperor is only level 53 and gear 7 and 5 star, got to use my resources to ensure I finish tier 6 before the event closes. However even severely underleveled he makes attacking in Arena so much easier. I took him out for my fifth battle though to avoid painting myself as anymore of a target than I already am.
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I'll leave this here....

My Emperor is only level 53 and gear 7 and 5 star, got to use my resources to ensure I finish tier 6 before the event closes. However even severely underleveled he makes attacking in Arena so much easier. I took him out for my fifth battle though to avoid painting myself as anymore of a target than I already am.
    Oh wow lol. I had put him in arena last night.. At g9 lvl 76, only 6 stars. I came back in the afternoon and I had only dropped from rank 5 to rank 9. I was completely stunned just like my opponents normally are. I know my team isn't unbeatable but holy sheep balls, only knocked back one time?! I imagine Tarkin and Vader are amazing under big palpi. I'm gonna go gear em up. I used a super lame meta squad of sth, RG, Rey and qui gon, under Palpatine.
  • Hey this post is kinda long, so if you're allergic to reading, turn back now and save 5 mins out of your life..

Anyways.. Whoever created Palpatine's Kit managed to make every single empire and sith toon very good under his leader ability. Homeboy deserves a raise, boss man.. He's a great toon, though an argument can be made that he is OP, due to his aoe having a 70 percent chance to stun. If he EVER receives a nerf id want that to drop to 45 percent. And NOTHING else to be done to him. Other than that he is perfectly fine.. But this thread is more about other toons. When this event comes around a few more times Palpatine will take over the game. He'll be on every team, just like Ben and Dooku used to be a few months ago.

Yoda - Please give the grandmaster a unique ability now. Something that can help against sith, and or boost team damage or speed. He has no unique ability at the moment, and he is kinda poor in arena defense. His tenacity up is a counter to Palpatine. But he is an average toon, and needs more against other toons.

Mace windu - He has one of the WORST unique abilities in the game. I know you guys just boosted his basic and special damage, but he still needs alot more. He bested Palpatine in the movies, why not give him some anti sith synergy. Or anything to help the Jedis out a bit? There is still no reason at all to use mace over qui gon.

Asajj - Dear god make her faster, my turtle gets two turns before Asajj can go once. Fix her ai to only use the aoe dispel when an enemy has taunt, or 2 or more enemies have offense up, NOTHING else should be dispelled. Also make her leader ability affect Seperatists and night sisters.

Kylo Ren - man this girl is so weak. Please fix this chick.. And give her a leader ability while you're at it. I kinda want her to counter Rey/ resistance lol. Idk why I just do. So how about this.. Leader ability: First order allies gain 25 speed, and whenever a first order ally gains advantage, one first order member will attack once.
    Unique ability - Kylo Ren has a 45 percent chance to reset her cool downs upon being attacked, and she can hit through foresight. Kylo Ren also has a 80 percent counter chance. Just completely remove his retribution. It's 2016 man.. No one ever even falls for that anymore. And yes I know some of you think Kylo Ren is a guy, but have you actually used "him"?

Last but not least, another easy way to help Palpatine not take over the game, is to release Rex to f2p. I see it coming. I've been rubbing my crystal balls trying to figure out what date it's gonna happen. He is the best counter to Palpatine.

Wait a second....

You went through an entire buff post and didn't mention a buff for the Fett Floozy? That's entirely unlike you, man.
  • I've noticed much more team variety in arena and GW. I think that the balacing expert they hired is earning his/her pay; which would explain the buffs and new toons. CG just needs to hire an economist to balance the in game economy then this game will be solid.
  • Asajj - Dear god make her faster, my turtle gets two turns before Asajj can go once. Fix her ai to only use the aoe dispel when an enemy has taunt, or 2 or more enemies have offense up, NOTHING else should be dispelled. Also make her leader ability affect Seperatists and night sisters.

*Sigh* I've tried figuring out a way to use her. I'm sick of being forced to use QGJ to remove a taunt. She's just too slow. Only way I could ever think to use her is by making her Leader for the +speed, using speed mod set, and with a lot of good speed secondaries... And then after doing all that it'd probably not be worth it... :'(
  • Kylo Ren - man this girl is so weak. Please fix this chick.. And give her a leader ability while you're at it. I kinda want her to counter Rey/ resistance lol. Idk why I just do. So how about this.. Leader ability: First order allies gain 25 speed, and whenever a first order ally gains advantage, one first order member will attack once.

I think your right on this. He needs to be buffed. The perfect way is to give him a stick like he said in his review of rogue one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CehVgQ43pn0

Skip ahead to about 1min 30 second mark. I recommend watching the whole thing very funny.

• EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Hey this post is kinda long, so if you're allergic to reading, turn back now and save 5 mins out of your life..

Wait a second....

You went through an entire buff post and didn't mention a buff for the Fett Floozy? That's entirely unlike you, man.
    Oh.. yeah forgot all about the fett man. Boba needs help too :(. Those toons are worse imo honestly. Boba's lead can atleast let him be a valuable team member to the team! Asajj's lead is a must use with her because she moves at the speed of turtle, Kylo is softer than my grandmas cookies, and yoda is incredibly average on defense. They're all very average though. And need a lot of effort to make them work.

Edited: sorry about the stoopid typos, was being distracted by an annoying demon lady.
    Sophos wrote: »

*Sigh* I've tried figuring out a way to use her. I'm sick of being forced to use QGJ to remove a taunt. She's just too slow. Only way I could ever think to use her is by making her Leader for the +speed, using speed mod set, and with a lot of good speed secondaries... And then after doing all that it'd probably not be worth it... :'(
    Exactly. She's not worth using at all over qui gon. Neither is mace that's why he's one of the most used toons. Every other f2p dispel is just garbage. I think plo koon is low key very good, but I've never farmed or used him. Asajj has a fun kit and isn't completely terrible when you're using her. But to even have a shred of viability with her she has to be the leader.
    But she'll still suck on defense though..
    Post edited by EscapeArtist51 on
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Well, fortunately Yoda got buffed indirectly from the arrival of Palpatine. Tenacity up and the emperor is powerless. ;) Still i would like to see Yoda buffed, especially now. Yoda vs Palpatine in arena would be nice.
  • Alexone wrote: »
    Well, fortunately Yoda got buffed indirectly from the arrival of Palpatine. Tenacity up and the emperor is powerless. ;) Still i would like to see Yoda buffed, especially now. Yoda vs Palpatine in arena would be nice.
    Yes that's what I wanna see too.. And his tenacity up is great. But unfortunately, he is held back by a bad ai on defense. The AI doesn't use tenacity up first. And since it doesn't, that gives Palpatine users like myself time to key in on yoda, and stun lock him and or murder him..
    Rex is the toughest counter to Palpatine, but even then, I can still smash Rex by stunning him if my Palpatine is faster.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    @EscapeArtist51 If you want defense, get droids with b2. Or something with Sun Fac in it. Maybe the meta wedge team too. Everything else doesn't hold anyway.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Your emperor bested my emperor in battle last night (afternoon for you probably). I'm not liking it whatsoever!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Hey this post is kinda long, so if you're allergic to reading, turn back now and save 5 mins out of your life..

Wait a second....

Oh.. yeah forgot all about the fett man. Boba needs help too :(. Those toons are worse imo honestly. Boba's lead can atleast let him be a valuable team member to the team! Asajj's lead is a must use with her because she moves at the speed of turtle, Kylo is softer than my grandmas cookies, and yoda is incredibly average on defense. They're all very average though. And need a lot of effort to make them work.

Edited: sorry about the stoopid typos, was being distracted by an annoying demon lady.
    Sophos wrote: »

Exactly. She's not worth using at all over qui gon. Neither is mace that's why he's one of the most used toons. Every other f2p dispel is just garbage. I think plo koon is low key very good, but I've never farmed or used him. Asajj has a fun kit and isn't completely terrible when you're using her. But to even have a shred of viability with her she has to be the leader.
    But she'll still suck on defense though..

The last point is really good. No matter how many times they increase Windu's damage he's never going to find his way into most teams until they add some swag to his dispel
  • Palps is a lot of fun. Ventress is pretty close to fun to be honest... her kit is great. Cad is fun. I'm fine with fun toons not being the most powerful... RG is the most boring toon in the game but mandatory in 50% of squads. If all the fun toons were mandatory for META the game would be like an iceberg with everyone only interested in the tip.

It's not rocket surgery.