Teebo stealth 100% TM Rancor

Powerful_ddubb
44 posts Member
edited August 2016
Late to the Teebo Raid lead party - just had a stage 3 Rancor fight and only 1 out of 7 attacks when stealthed did he actually remove any turn meter. Is there a reason for this? None of the attacks were evaded

Replies

• what is your teebo potency ?
  • Looks like 13.92%. What does it need to be? (And which mods are best at it?)
  • Mine is almost 80% and it might work half the time
  • My Teebo is almost at 70% and he's really worked well in p2&3.

P4 , I'll get maybe 50% of the time or less, 50% being on the high side.

My guild mate has an almost 90% Teebo and he's hits in p4 quite often.

I'm sure RNG also plays a large role as well.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Looks like 13.92%. What does it need to be? (And which mods are best at it?)

Potency mods work well to increase potency. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    Rancor does evade, so having an accuracy mod helps a lot lol
  • My Teebo has 30% potency and at tier 5 Rancor the TM reduction works only once always. Chewie's doesn't even trigger. Everything that has a chance of working works less than half the time it's suppposed to. Drives me nuts. Cad Bane NEVER attacks twice in raids. Another stealth programming or just my usual insanely bad luck in gambles?
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

@Nikoms565 I've done that, but I've also had health mods with 24% potency.

I'm working on my empire team now so I can grab pot mods. So you're saying I can get good pot mods from potency other than the obvious stack bonus?

This is great advice. :D

• Mine is almost 80% and it might work half the time

What mods do you have on him that are so high in potency?
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Mine is near 70% and he's kinda Meh for p2. I have one 5* speed primary potency mod and the rest are 1* potency mods. Even the full 1* set helps ESPECIALLY in p1. He only got resisted about two or three times in my last t7 raid.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • 66% with basic omega'd, works 90% of the time for me in phase 1 heroic and maybe 60% all other phases. Get his speed up and speed down on rancor and you can usually get 2-3 attempts at TM before risking a rancor turn.
  • Looks like 13.92%. What does it need to be? (And which mods are best at it?)

Start with potency set bonuses and then slowly build up potency with better mods. A leveled potency set bonus is 10% *3 is 30% right off the bat. Keep your eyes peeled for the cross mod primary stat for potency (24%) My Teebo is 87% so it works more than half the time.
  • The rancors tenacity in heroic according to my tests is about 120%, so at 85% potency, teebo would be resisted 35% of the time. If teebo is at 20% or less, he will be resisted 100% of the time. Calculate by 120%-potency gives you rancor resist rate.
  • This would figure in with what I've been seeing, the tipping point seems to be around Teebo potency 70. At that point it succeeds as often as it fails, to all appearances (taking RNG luck into account).
    "If you recognise this thumbnail, then you have great taste, and you're really getting old"
  • Powerful_ddubb
    44 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

See now why can't you be like Joey - gave the answer without the smug :). Appears I haven't unlocked potency - what kind of team will that take?
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member

See now why can't you be like Joey - gave the answer without the smug :). Appears I haven't unlocked potency - what kind of team will that take?
    Empire

I don't know if I agree with this. Lv 5 mods with a potency primary are way better...such as a health mod.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    DarthStycz wrote: »

I don't know if I agree with this. Lv 5 mods with a potency primary are way better...such as a health mod.

Hmm..
    6 potency mods = 30% potency
    Mk2 adds 16%
    Mk5 adds 24%

So how is mk5 potency not better for adding potency? 54% better than 24% especially since if you want to go vs the rancor need in the 60%+ range.
  • DarthStycz wrote: »

There is only one slot that can have potency as a primary, the cross slot. You can stick a mk5 mod there and gain 24%. The only other ways to get potency are by secondary stats, which won't give a whole lot, or with a potency set bonus. If you run 3 potency sets with a potency cross mod, you get an extra 54%, plus whatever you can get from secondaries.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
This discussion has been closed.