People are cheating

Replies

• Options
    If you all saw what happened in Need for Speed World, you'll understand how they'll deal with people using mods. If they ban a paying player, they'll need to refund that person's IAP purchases and therein lies the issue. Even non-paying players who were stealthy and used the hacks available and blended in undetected got to use them until endgame.

Whales are not quitting in droves over this issue. If they started to, perhaps they'd do something but right now, this hack is not affecting the bottom line so spending to fix this right now would make no sense, they have other higher priorities....

They do not need to issue refunds. That is false.
  • Options
    If you all saw what happened in Need for Speed World, you'll understand how they'll deal with people using mods. If they ban a paying player, they'll need to refund that person's IAP purchases and therein lies the issue. Even non-paying players who were stealthy and used the hacks available and blended in undetected got to use them until endgame.

Whales are not quitting in droves over this issue. If they started to, perhaps they'd do something but right now, this hack is not affecting the bottom line so spending to fix this right now would make no sense, they have other higher priorities....

As I said above, I read this elsewhere so check the TOS and EULA for better information...
  • Options
    I see...Okay I understand...You can add something like this in your bugs section...

2a0c7c1.png
    11kwapj.png

Just go to your gallery and click properties and screenshot it...

just for your information, some server rewards time due on 5.59pm and 15 seconds...so its not exactly at 6.00pm for the last 3-4 days....evidences?
    This happened to me yesterday too!
    Please remember if the reward prize time now is 45 seconds faster than before (6.00pm).....at 5.59pm and 15 seconds) !!!

Ah, this explains a lot, didn't know they moved the deadline back 45 seconds. Missed #1 a few times because of this.

also do not forget the loading page from match to arena to home page to arena again...

Would love to see the progress of this...

You do there's a screenshot of me being number #1 when the clock is at 14-15s away from prize giving
  • Options
    Waffles wrote: »
    And there's no real way to report them.

I sniped the number 1 in my server, timed and left 14s in the server, he dropped me immediately

So you sniped that #1 and finished the battle with around 15-25 seconds before rewards time and he dropped you immediately? how do you know bro? Did you refresh all the time before the rewards time? or you did not refresh all the time but only checked your inbox at 6pm??

Not being a **** but I would like to hear about exact situation before comment anything...

ps: a timeline would be great

Thank you

I was at rank#4 and was camping him (the accused) was at rank#1 and he was engaged. I keep spamming refresh and camped him and managed to engage him at 5:55 (very close estimate), so I dragged the battle and 8-10s before my battle timer is over, I struck the final blow and claim victory and #1 spot.

I got out seeing how it would be my first time getting #1 I took a screenshot at the prize timer of which it was 14-15seconds left on the clock(my personal best and luck involved). I went back to check on ranks to see how everyone was doing and poof! I was dropped immediately to rank #4 it was almost instaneously.

My stomach churned and I know that **** just pulled one over me and unfairly hacked me( my friend sent me a one hit YouTube video recently) so I went back took a screenshot of him at #1 took a screenshot of me receiving #4 to come up with evidence(these are all in the bug section)forum.

And I told myself this, that guy needs to be banned and cursed. So I sent ea email bug report forum etc, but that guy is still around and he is still abusing the hack.

Same here, there was 26 seconds left in my case upon exiting, given that the best you could hope for is minimum 5 seconds to load the battle and lock both player files on the server (and that's optimistic, especially given the traffic at 6pm), he would have had to take me down in 21 seconds and get the victory logged before the payout which means unlocking the files. Don't buy it as being legit.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    I see...Okay I understand...You can add something like this in your bugs section...

2a0c7c1.png
    11kwapj.png

just for your information, some server rewards time due on 5.59pm and 15 seconds...so its not exactly at 6.00pm for the last 3-4 days....evidences?
    Please remember if the reward prize time now is 45 seconds faster than before (6.00pm).....at 5.59pm and 15 seconds) !!!

Ah, this explains a lot, didn't know they moved the deadline back 45 seconds. Missed #1 a few times because of this.

also do not forget the loading page from match to arena to home page to arena again...

You do there's a screenshot of me being number #1 when the clock is at 14-15s away from prize giving

That's not really going to show anything, if you don't refresh the screen it won't show a rank change.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options

2a0c7c1.png
    11kwapj.png

That's not really going to show anything, if you don't refresh the screen it won't show a rank change.

Well it's up to the people at EA to figure it out, pretty sure they can check server logs... And the way he do it is dubious
  • Harsiesys
    58 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    After reading quickly couple of posts in this thread :
    1) I see some mates here are trying to get proofs of what they're saying/asking, but the burden of the proof never belongs on a non professional customer (who is the weak party of a contract), in this kind of situations the burden goes on the professional (EA, who is the strong party of the contract), because if, in principe, the burden of the proof belongs to the asker it is very different when this proof cannot be brought technically of is too heavy (EA is the only one who can prove anything as they technically can DO anything & everything with the game), so the burden of the proof belong to EA
    2) also the burden of the proof is very not on the customer because "good faith is always presumed, it is the one alleging bad faith to prove the veracity of his request", so EA cannot demand anything from customers, it is EA who must proves the opposite and if they can't they must greet any request from customer as long as these are not violating the terms of the contract
    3) the responsibility of ensuring that rules are observed by EVERYONE belongs again to EA, so they are the guilty ones here if they don't punish the guys who don't respect rules of the game
    4) juridically speaking, this kind of inaction engages the responsibility of EA for contractual responsibility because if the customers (WE, the players) have to respect our end of the contrat (yes by playing, you signed a contract which binds you & EA) so does EA : inaction to ensure contract application either inaction to repare prejudice encountered by players means EA violates the contract
    5) commercialy speaking, those kind of situations (like not receiving awards in game : for those see links below) opens discussion to a commercial gesture (free content, refund, free month playing is the game wasn't free to play... etc)
    - - -
    I hope my answer helped a bit and sorry for my poor english, i'm just french ^^

_ _ _
    Links :
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/5911/arena-not-awarding#latest
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6666/i-recieved-half-of-the-arena-tokens-reward#latest
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6323/cheating-in-pvp-arena#latest
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6391/arena-rewards-issue#latest
  • somegame8861
    271 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    They can not do major update to the game atm, or they will loose their ratings. aka, money
    Post edited by somegame8861 on
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Here is what you do. After you get 1st place (with 5minutes and under left) just pay the 50 crystals and immediately enter another battle. Wait 5minutes and when you get back it will be a draw and you win 1st place.
  • Options
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    Here is what you do. After you get 1st place (with 5minutes and under left) just pay the 50 crystals and immediately enter another battle. Wait 5minutes and when you get back it will be a draw and you win 1st place.

I don't think you got it,
    I entered the battle 5min away from prize giving, I locked him in battle until the timer is left with 14-15seconds. Within that time he dropped me in an instant.
  • Options

I entered the battle 5min away from prize giving, I locked him in battle until the timer is left with 14-15seconds. Within that time he dropped me in an instant.

The problem is...even with 1 shot kill hack...I believe, it took more than 20 seconds from battle screen to the game match.....
  • Options

Can you clarify a little bit on this? Is there a written policy with Apple or Google that states that they have to refund if account is disabled?

• Options
    EA doesn't care about hackers... because hackers bring them MONEY....... people fight and struggle against hackers in every game.... thinking they're just "better" players..... and that if they spend just a couple of bucks they'll have a chance.... so they do, and they don't..... so they think they'll just spend a little more.... and a little more.....

Why should any app developer spend time and money trying to stop hackers and botters, when the result of them existing causes people to spend money? Sure we get **** off, sure we get lip service saying they'll "investigate" things..... but its obvious they don't.

Request a refund through your app store and enjoy the free ride until EA pulls the plug. I guarantee when the next movie comes out, a new game will be released to capitalize on the kids and stupid people wanting to throw Christmas cash at Star Wars apps. (why else would this game have been released as a BETA?!) No serious developer releases an app or game to the general public as a beta version..... its obvious they wanted to get money while the getting was good.
    I don't care anymore. I tried to be nice, I tried to speak my concerns... you trolls just brought me to the dark side. Way to go. Working as intended.
  • Options

The problem is...even with 1 shot kill hack...I believe, it took more than 20 seconds from battle screen to the game match.....

Zzz
    Your point being?
  • Options
    PrimeTime wrote: »

Can you clarify a little bit on this? Is there a written policy with Apple or Google that states that they have to refund if account is disabled?

I had read of people using this but I then said, check TOS and EULA for better details..
  • Options
    Dirlyn wrote: »
    EA doesn't care about hackers... because hackers bring them MONEY....... people fight and struggle against hackers in every game.... thinking they're just "better" players..... and that if they spend just a couple of bucks they'll have a chance.... so they do, and they don't..... so they think they'll just spend a little more.... and a little more.....

Why should any app developer spend time and money trying to stop hackers and botters, when the result of them existing causes people to spend money? Sure we get **** off, sure we get lip service saying they'll "investigate" things..... but its obvious they don't.

Request a refund through your app store and enjoy the free ride until EA pulls the plug. I guarantee when the next movie comes out, a new game will be released to capitalize on the kids and stupid people wanting to throw Christmas cash at Star Wars apps. (why else would this game have been released as a BETA?!) No serious developer releases an app or game to the general public as a beta version..... its obvious they wanted to get money while the getting was good.

+100
  • Options
    Same here +100
    In fact, EA doesn't care much of anything except money
    Hackers or players are just a mean to an end... a shame really
  • Options
    Truthfully, I believe that the only way this issue will be fixed is if EA feels that this game has longevity and investing time and money solving this is worth it. It's a smart position to take from my view. Why fix a problem on a sinking ship??

For now, this issue will remain until further notice. The real true flaw was not building everything server side to begin with, but it's done now, they can't go back in time...
  • Options
    Truthfully, I believe that the only way this issue will be fixed is if EA feels that this game has longevity and investing time and money solving this is worth it. It's a smart position to take from my view. Why fix a problem on a sinking ship??

For now, this issue will remain until further notice. The real true flaw was not building everything server side to begin with, but it's done now, they can't go back in time...

Games built around movies can be tricky. How long until the TFA hype dies down? That's the question and it affects all Star Wars games in general. Anyone remember the E. T. game on Atari back in the day???
  • Options
    Yeah but that et game had that game breaking bug, from memory falling in a hole you can't get out of? Lol
  • Options
    Wazlinski wrote: »
    Yeah but that et game had that game breaking bug, from memory falling in a hole you can't get out of? Lol

Yep, the point is that, great movie franchises don't always make for equally perfect games. Funny, I was playing with E.T. in Stella just for a laugh...
  • Options
    Baby wanna babba, lol snitches :'(:'(
  • Options
    Baby wanna babba, lol snitches :'(:'(

OMG is it skywalkerdinya?!!!! he is everywhere. Number 1 in all the ranks, if you don't see him you are lying. There can be only one and he is the one!! Teach me master
  • Options

They dont have to refund money toa cheater if tbey ban them....so if this game goes off market,we all that put money into it get our money back?nope..
  • Options

What? It takes 5-10 seconds to go from winning a battle to being able to see how much time is left on rewards on my phone most of the time...unless my internet connection is bad.

What he is suggesting, so that you can still get rank 1'off him whilst he is doing this, is get rank one at 4:45 minutes left to go until prizes, then immediately start another battle, do not fight, do not move, you will be locked out of being able to be attacked until prize time is over no matter how quickly he beats you.

This is kind of why arena is a bit stupid, at prize time you spend like 10 minutes doing nothing but spamming "battle" until people are free and then you spend the fight pressing no buttons just waiting the timer if you lucked out on spamming at the right time over other people spamming at the right time.
  • drdavee
    155 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Games built around movies can be tricky. How long until the TFA hype dies down? That's the question and it affects all Star Wars games in general. Anyone remember the E. T. game on Atari back in the day???

You do know that there are six star wars movies coming out in six consecutive years. That may be a lie though, the sixth one is, which is the Boba Fett movie is just a rumor as of right now. So when TFA hype dies, the next movie will come out.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Upcoming-Star-Wars-Movies-List-Titles-Release-Dates-100467.html
  • Options
    How does a person with 8000 power, FOST, Clone Trooper, Sandtrooper, Phasma Leading get to 76 rank?
  • Options
    I'm quite frustrated with watching a cheater knock me out of the Top 5 in my PVP bracket out to 10+. This seems to happen daily with the cheater doing his thing between 2am-6am.

Reported him twice, but nothing seems to happen.

Can I please get some help CG?
  • Options
    How is this person cheating?
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    How does a person with 8000 power, FOST, Clone Trooper, Sandtrooper, Phasma Leading get to 76 rank?

Extreme, top level strategy and skill surely....

When I see it I'm in awe as I look at my lowly 21K power team of feeble 6* and 7* players and sometimes, I feel the urge to rage quit because I don't understand the power such a player possesses, the tears I cry.....