Old Ben and Mind Tricks.

Prev1
Hello devs...

I'm providing feedback on Old Ben character and lead against an Emperor lead squad.

I believe and have always believed that the ability "Mind Tricks" has been bugged on defense. It always hits. Now I thought with the addition of EP on lead... That Mind tricks would be semi negated.

Negative.

I have fought 5 OB teams today. All twice. So 10 fights. Potency ranking from 26% to 70 %.

Every time MT was proced by Old Ben... It hit all my characters. Sometimes both abilities. EP lead is supposed to do -32% potency. So one OB team technically had -6% potency... Still hit MT every time.

This leads me to believe that the ability is bugged on defense.

Any comments or feedback is welcome

Replies

• Did you win the fights?
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    +1
  • @GeorgeRules yes I did. Palps leader made it so the OB teams no longer dodge. That was huge.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Was the OB team maxed out?
  • I just took a look at the OB description. So it says that it inflicts ability block and 9ffense down on all characters with a 80% chance to remove 60%turn meter. So your saying when he does it on offense all your characters are getting ability blocked and defense down? Without question?
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Issue isn't OB but potency vs tenacity. Tenacity doesn't seem to make much a difference because potency is rampant high on toons.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Ok, if even if he's at -6% potency, it still depends on the tenacity of your toons. If you don't have any +tenacity mods on your toons, their probably at 20-30% tenacity max. Versus a -6% potency score, you still ONLY have a 26-36% chance to resist. Given your sample size, none of this seems unusual to me.
  • @Zooey my QGJ is 90% tenacity so he "can withstand" the MT... It doesn't matter. Mind tricks hits without question. Every time.
  • The bottom line is... No other toon hits an AOE debuff 100% of the time, except Old Ben. Try Boba Fett or JKG with their AOE... Maybe it hits 1-2 toons. Old Ben connects on all 5 toons. Old Ben and speed Han still rule. It sucks.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    DarthBalls wrote: »
    The bottom line is... No other toon hits an AOE debuff 100% of the time, except Old Ben. Try Boba Fett or JKG with their AOE... Maybe it hits 1-2 toons. Old Ben connects on all 5 toons. Old Ben and speed Han still rule. It sucks.

Yep. I complained about this drivel awhile back, and crickets chirped.
  • Here's the worst thing about it. The devs nerfed mods. But left the crazy speed secondary mods. I'm facing these speed Hans with speed of over 210... He taunts.. Then OB hits his Mind Tricks (that can't be evaded or resisted) and I watch my troops all hit Han like wet noodles and get destroyed, because I can't dispelled his taunt. NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO RESIST *********** Mind Tricks!

And before you freak out super mods... *********** are just typed in stars... The player base can input any explicits they can imagine.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    you seem pretty angry for a guy who still won all the battles. Having to wait 1 round wiht humbling blow due to the abi block is anoying, totally missing HB on the other hand could cost you the win. All things considered, that st-han doesnt dodge as much is making things much and much easier.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I run an OB team and consistently see OB himself not be affected by MT. I'm not sure why but it can be avoided/evaded/dodged/etc
  • DarthBalls wrote: »
    Here's the worst thing about it. The devs nerfed mods. But left the crazy speed secondary mods. I'm facing these speed Hans with speed of over 210... He taunts.. Then OB hits his Mind Tricks (that can't be evaded or resisted) and I watch my troops all hit Han like wet noodles and get destroyed, because I can't dispelled his taunt. NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO RESIST *********** Mind Tricks!

And before you freak out super mods... *********** are just typed in stars... The player base can input any explicits they can imagine.

Add phasma to the mix, and kiss those wins goodbye lol
  • Joeyd7878 wrote: »
    I run an OB team and consistently see OB himself not be affected by MT. I'm not sure why but it can be avoided/evaded/dodged/etc
    It can be dodged - it just can't be resisted.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    It can be resisted, you just need higher tenacity
  • Dude I've been running OB from months I get resisted all the time sometimes it will only land on two toons. But really don't complain about MT what else does old Ben have going beside his leader and mt all you have to do is stun him you have a EP team without dooku?
  • DjangoQuik wrote: »
    Joeyd7878 wrote: »
    I run an OB team and consistently see OB himself not be affected by MT. I'm not sure why but it can be avoided/evaded/dodged/etc
    It can be dodged - it just can't be resisted.

It can't be resisted like I said I run OB try fighting a Rex team then tell me it can't be resisted
  • MoBlaq
    581 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    DarthBalls wrote: »
    Here's the worst thing about it. The devs nerfed mods. But left the crazy speed secondary mods. I'm facing these speed Hans with speed of over 210... He taunts.. Then OB hits his Mind Tricks (that can't be evaded or resisted) and I watch my troops all hit Han like wet noodles and get destroyed, because I can't dispelled his taunt. NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO RESIST *********** Mind Tricks!

I just stun Old Ben and then dispel StHan

https://swgoh.gg/u/moblaq/

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    I run a 208 speed Rex, I put tenacity up and watch the word "resist" pop up a dozen or so times when an opposing Old Ben does MT. It most certainly can be resisted.
  • Rex and Squad Discipline doesnt count, the OP is talking about passive Tenacity. I have 98% Tenacity on SunFac and he gets hit with ability block and offense down as well as the TM reduction 100% of time from various Old Ben squads, I can understand OPs frustration.
  • DarthBalls wrote: »
    @Zooey my QGJ is 90% tenacity so he "can withstand" the MT... It doesn't matter. Mind tricks hits without question. Every time.
    How do you get a 90% tenacity QGJ? His base tenacity is 25%. Add three mod group bonuses and you have 55%. Add a max primary stat and you have 79%. You have another 11% from secondary stats? Seems like a weird stat to max on QGJ.

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    I've never seen Old Ben's mind trick fail on me during arena except on very rare occasions (and only on 1 or 2 toons at best).

Borrowed Old Ben in light/dark side battles failed me when I was clearing them few weeks back. Yesterday I went against Old Ben in GW and his mind trick only did an offense down on 1 of my toon and ability block on the other and the rest were unaffected... So yeah, it does look like it never fails but it does...
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    This isn't an old Ben problem. This is a tenacity problem. It is a useless stat. First off let me explain the formula for it.
    Tenacity - potency = chance to resist. Nothing else.
    So if you have 99 tenacity, and I have 60 potency. You only have a 39 percent chance to resist! That's amazing isn't it? Also the lowest your resist chance will be is 15 percent. So right there tenacity isn't really needed. Tenacity levels are normally 20 - 40 percent on toons in arena. So if I have 0 potency on my old Ben. And your toon has 30 percent tenacity. I still have a 70 percent chance of my effect not being resisted. Tenacity is a useless stat right now, if you're farming tenacity mods just stop.

P.S with every status effect there are two chances, the first chance is for the effect to have a chance at happening, and the second one is for the effect to be resisted or not. So old Ben has like an 80 percent chance for his mind tricks effect to happen, and then it's his potency vs your tenacity for the effect to be resisted.
    Post edited by EscapeArtist51 on
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    you seem pretty angry for a guy who still won all the battles. Having to wait 1 round wiht humbling blow due to the abi block is anoying, totally missing HB on the other hand could cost you the win. All things considered, that st-han doesnt dodge as much is making things much and much easier.

You know that he has a point? Old Ben is very annoying on defense. Anecdotal evidence says the ability doesn't care for his potency or my tenacity.

If I fail to block OB in the beginning it is usually downhill from there.
  • DanielsJack
    19 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    the question is: is OB bugged or not?

I just did some fights against a 50% pot (OB) .. wasn't able to fight against someone with lower pot. right now.
    My AA has 75% ten + 10% from his leader ab. = 85% ten.

thats the results from 11 MT (85% ten vs. 50% pot.)
    Off down 9 out of 11 = 82%
    Ab. block 8 out of 11 = 73%

seems a bit high, so maybe OB is bugged. But 11 MT are not a big samplesize, please also test this, maybe DarthBalls has a point.
    http://imgur.com/a/PSy7I
  • Yodas "battle meditation" has 100% stopped old Ben for me since I max geared yoda
    Useful for Rg st Han Ob teams.
  • the tenacity up buff (yoda, rex) gives 9999% tenacity. so yes that stop it.
    anyway 85% ten vs 50% pot., should resist a lot more than only ~23%
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Personally, I don't think it's broken or bugged, on offense it definitely isn't. On defense, i don't know but pretty sure it isn't. I will try. But I don't see the issue or complaint given you won all the matches. It sounds like you want a weak but annoying team nerfed for no reason.
  • Obi1 lead doesnt care he just evades the potency decrease