Barris is terrible

Prev13
I have Barris at gear 10 7* fully maxed out and I was always hoping that she would get better but she is horrible. Her hits are more like love taps and the healing is okay but after all the mods are implemented she is utterly useless.

She needs a serious buff!

Replies

• Well, I think she's good for what she does. She's not meant to hit hard. She's got a large health pool and can take quite a beating, with a nice heal that heals through heal immunity and has some great Jedi synergy. If you want a healer that can also deal a decent amount of damage, you got for Lumi instead.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Barris is fine as is.
  • True as an early character she has a purpose but when you get to higher levels she doesn't play much of a role.
  • Barriss sucks and needs a buff. Why're you guys tryna hold back toons from being buffed lol? She's not an early character either and that's still a bad excuse for her being poor. She sucks at damage, she sucks at support, what reason should I use her for in arena? Hell I don't need her for gw either she just slows it down. John Salera said he wanted every toon to be able to be used in the game... or well someone told me that's what he said lmao. I want that too. Barris needs a stun, or a status effect, or another support move. She needs something, cause right now she sucks.
  • Yup very disappointed on that grind. 4 turns on her heal is waaay too much considering her basic doesnt proc for very much. Every time I see her in a pvp team I thank whoever it was for the freebie.
  • Barris is much more useful now with the rise of tanks. She was useless in the era of the glass cannon, but that is slowly coming to an end.
  • ShewardN
    515 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Barriss sucks and needs a buff. Why're you guys tryna hold back toons from being buffed lol? She's not an early character either and that's still a bad excuse for her being poor. She sucks at damage, she sucks at support, what reason should I use her for in arena? Hell I don't need her for gw either she just slows it down. John Salera said he wanted every toon to be able to be used in the game... or well someone told me that's what he said lmao. I want that too. Barris needs a stun, or a status effect, or another support move. She needs something, cause right now she sucks.
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/barriss-offee/

She really isn't as awful as you're making her out to be. Yes, she's not a top tier character but she's still great if what you want from her is what she caters to.

-Her basic attack has a chance to heal allies for 6% of her health. If maxed out, that's 1,472 health regen per attack.
    -With 24,539 health, 244 armor and 21,148 protection, she's incredibly hard to kill and will stick around.
    -Her special will heal through heal immunities, and gives her defence up, making it even harder to remove her (also meaning when AI is using her, them trying to heal through healing immunities won't be a problem)
    -Her leader ability is half decent, especially when running a Jedi team. 20% more health and then healing per turn. If Barris is maxed out, that's 1963 health regen per turn.
    -Her unique has a chance to dispel negatives off each of her Jedi allies and then gain 9% TM per negative removed. That allows her to dispel negatives and then push out more moves, therefore pushing out more heals and more chances to dispel negatives.

Now, if you ask me, she's pretty awesome if that's the sort of stuff you're looking for. Yes, she doesn't hit hard, but she's not there for that.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    She is a star in GW. Able to keep a solid team alive long term.

Sure in arena she doesn't get you far but she could manage to carry a HP team for 5:00 minutes with the right team.

She will also carry you through rough hard LS missions and cantina.

The original posted could not possibly be more wrong.
  • Asic wrote: »

Sure in arena she doesn't get you far but she could manage to carry a HP team for 5:00 minutes with the right team.

+1.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    I remember when Barriss was so OP they had to nerf her lol
  • Theres also bugs with her, her healing dosent always override immunity like its supposed to
    The other bug is when she heals (seen this in daka a few times) she loses a chunck of health even if she still has prot bar
  • Why do people think that a support character is so posed to hit hard?
  • MBL_66 wrote: »
    I remember when Barriss was so OP they had to nerf her lol
    Hehe, same here. Just happened to be in a lovely overpriced bundle as well didn't she? :p
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Theres also bugs with her, her healing dosent always override immunity like its supposed to
    The other bug is when she heals (seen this in daka a few times) she loses a chunck of health even if she still has prot bar

I have never seen it not override immunity, but ok. Her healing can actually cost her and other high health toons some life because of the %based balancing she does before the heal.
  • Theres also bugs with her, her healing dosent always override immunity like its supposed to

What do you mean by this? She is supposed to lose health.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Theres also bugs with her, her healing dosent always override immunity like its supposed to
    She doesnt "heal" she equalizes team health, different than a healer.

• She needs to hit harder. Around 5k should be enough. But 2500 points per hit is useless.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    She needs to hit harder. Around 5k should be enough. But 2500 points per hit is useless.

So should b2 and nebbit. But then the nerf bats would be out in full force.
  • Barris is fine as is.

Three of the aliens seen on Jabba’s barge in Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi are named Klaatu, Barada, and Nikto.

• Barris is fine as is.

Three of the aliens seen on Jabba’s barge in Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi are named Klaatu, Barada, and Nikto.

What does that have to do with anything?

Hitting for 2500 points is terrible. No one would ever use her in the arena or the raids.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Barris is fine as is.

Hitting for 2500 points is terrible. No one would ever use her in the arena or the raids.
    And they dont at high rankings.

• RU486 wrote: »
    Barris is fine as is.

And they dont at high rankings.

Agreed
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    I can't find any reason to use Barris ever. Back in the day she carried me through GW. Now I just load DPS toons with turn meter. The more damage dealers, the better.

Same in arena. You might occasionally see a Lumi due to her insanely powerful heal, ability block, and OK damage. Daka too, but mainly for stun, and Rez. One guy at the top of my shard uses Ewok Elder, but again for Rez, and turn meter boosting. Heal is just an afterthought.

Protection has mostly killed off healers. You may do OK with them on your arena team against stupid AI that sprays damage, but your team defending with Barriss is effortlessly getting murdered when they defend. As a class they are dead weight unless they do multiple things. Barriss does only one thing, and is just OK at it.
  • Asic wrote: »

+1
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    I can't find any reason to use Barris ever. Back in the day she carried me through GW. Now I just load DPS toons with turn meter. The more damage dealers, the better.

Same in arena. You might occasionally see a Lumi due to her insanely powerful heal, ability block, and OK damage. Daka too, but mainly for stun, and Rez. One guy at the top of my shard uses Ewok Elder, but again for Rez, and turn meter boosting. Heal is just an afterthought.

Protection has mostly killed off healers. You may do OK with them on your arena team against **** AI that sprays damage, but your team defending with Barriss is effortlessly getting murdered when they defend. As a class they are dead weight unless they do multiple things. Barriss does only one thing, and is just OK at it.

Well said. Barris is useless and only a weak support character at best.
  • Barris is fine as is.

Ooohwee. Klaatu... Barada... Nik *cough*... There! I said the words!
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Protection has mostly killed off healers. You may do OK with them on your arena team against **** AI that sprays damage, but your team defending with Barriss is effortlessly getting murdered when they defend. As a class they are dead weight unless they do multiple things. Barriss does only one thing, and is just OK at it.

Well said. Barris is useless and only a weak support character at best.
    This.. She's garbage.
    ShewardN wrote: »
    Barriss sucks and needs a buff. Why're you guys tryna hold back toons from being buffed lol? She's not an early character either and that's still a bad excuse for her being poor. She sucks at damage, she sucks at support, what reason should I use her for in arena? Hell I don't need her for gw either she just slows it down. John Salera said he wanted every toon to be able to be used in the game... or well someone told me that's what he said lmao. I want that too. Barris needs a stun, or a status effect, or another support move. She needs something, cause right now she sucks.
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/barriss-offee/

She really isn't as awful as you're making her out to be. Yes, she's not a top tier character but she's still great if what you want from her is what she caters to.

-Her basic attack has a chance to heal allies for 6% of her health. If maxed out, that's 1,472 health regen per attack.
    -With 24,539 health, 244 armor and 21,148 protection, she's incredibly hard to kill and will stick around.
    -Her special will heal through heal immunities, and gives her defence up, making it even harder to remove her (also meaning when AI is using her, them trying to heal through healing immunities won't be a problem)
    -Her leader ability is half decent, especially when running a Jedi team. 20% more health and then healing per turn. If Barris is maxed out, that's 1963 health regen per turn.
    -Her unique has a chance to dispel negatives off each of her Jedi allies and then gain 9% TM per negative removed. That allows her to dispel negatives and then push out more moves, therefore pushing out more heals and more chances to dispel negatives.

Now, if you ask me, she's pretty awesome if that's the sort of stuff you're looking for. Yes, she doesn't hit hard, but she's not there for that.
    Lol, roflcopter.. See that's just the point no one is looking for that. Healing people's hp is almost meaningless now. Why keep Barriss on your team when my Rey can one shot your toons full hp bar. Barriss has NO support moves other than her heals. Why not give her a tenacity up buff like Rex? Why are people so against simple buffs? She's garbage plain and simple, no one farms a tough farm like Barriss just to have her sit there and be on the bench. Oh gee, she's good at gw! That's fun... It'll take you an extra 5 to 10 mins usin her though. She's not on ANYONES team in my top 30. Maybe even top 50.
  • Barris is fine as is.

Not quite...

it's from the original The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Return of the Jedi was 1983

Army of Darkness was 1992

The Day the Earth Stood Still was 1951
  • RuiVuusen wrote: »
    Barris is fine as is.

Not quite...

it's from the original The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Return of the Jedi was 1983

Army of Darkness was 1992

The Day the Earth Stood Still was 1951

Ooohwee. Yes I know that, but the other versions are forgettable compared to the evil dead series. Best B-movies ever.
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    I dont use her or any healers in arena, but she is always on my a team for gw. And my backup if ackbar gets knocked out in raids. But i do agree her cooldown onher group heal needs to be taken down a notch and boist the healing from her attack because right now its a limp noodle for barely any effect on the enemy or the team.