New challenges coming?

Prev1
KingPin
522 posts Member
edited August 2016
When can we expect to see this? Hoping we don't have to wait for new level cap increase but gear farming is painful ....hair dryers especially and we need so many of the **** things

If not at least increase the amount of current drops allowed it takes a week to get one piece :(

Not saying we have to get raid gear yet although that would be cool but at least all the other bits missing like stun cuffs, thermal detonates etc should be in there by now

Replies

• Yes please! One that is a challenge to 3 star would be good.
  • They should make a gear event.. Like 1 hour time to get as much as u want.. Like the gear challenges without cooldown, sim, auto... Then make different difficulty tiers and also release the raid stuff.. The battles can take longer then.. So would be nice to have 1 hour and maybe ure able to get 50 stunn cuffs or 30 mk5 cec fusion furnance salvages
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I don't think we will see any raid gear out for a while. They have stated that they will not be phasing out racnor, this means they won't let you get the gear elsewhere.

They can't just increase the amount given because not everyone is at a max lvl so someone who just unlocked it and can beat it would get an accelerated growth. We will have to wait for more lvl's to the challenges and I don't see that happening before a lvl cap increase.

The grind is real, get used to it. It never gets easier and it's not their job to make it easier.

One of my bigger fears is no gear in the new raid forcing us to farm racnor.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Yes please! One that is a challenge to 3 star would be good.

They had that forums caught fire and changes reverted.
  • scuba wrote: »

This was before sim was introduced ... Players having a proper challenge to 3 star it once isn't a a bad thing going forward

Kyno wrote: »
    They can't just increase the amount given because not everyone is at a max lvl so someone who just unlocked it and can beat it would get an accelerated growth. We will have to wait for more lvl's to the challenges and I don't see that happening before a lvl cap increase

Accelerating growth for new players isn't a bad thing most other games do it after a period of time otherwise newbies feel they can never catch up

Agree on your second point though it will be mods instead of gear ... Then watch this place explode into angry posts
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    KingPin wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

This was before sim was introduced ... Players having a proper challenge to 3 star it once isn't a a bad thing going forward

They can't just increase the amount given because not everyone is at a max lvl so someone who just unlocked it and can beat it would get an accelerated growth. We will have to wait for more lvl's to the challenges and I don't see that happening before a lvl cap increase

Accelerating growth for new players isn't a bad thing most other games do it after a period of time otherwise newbies feel they can never catch up

Agree on your second point though it will be mods instead of gear ... Then watch this place explode into angry posts

I always thought the solution was for new shards, this way your only competing with ppl who started around the same time as you.

The rest of the model is meant to seem very slow and hard climb unless you have $$. Or patients and time.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    <Taking my "Mod Hat" off..>

Scuba is correct.. When level 80 was introduced they scaled to "challenge" to that level and people went ballistic. They dumbed them down after the outcry. (I was only able to beat them consistently once I hit 75-78, it was kind of cool Imo.. but that is just me.)

Soooo.. like the Yoda event being "fixed" they are easily obtainable now. Not really *MY* "thing" but hey.. it makes the vocal happy. :/

I agree with @GeorgeRules a "challenge" at 2* would be good.

Maybe not make them able to be "simmed" but provide extra rewards for the effort of having to play them out. I dunno.. It sounds kind of fun to me.

The funny thing about this is those people that complained about the increased difficulties, are the same people that complain "They do not listen to us". :|

Gw is the last bastion of something to achieve.. I know people joke about it "WAI" or whatever.. all I know is *I* went WEEKS not completing it.. just getting the later nodes.. failing..(but collecting what I could) then making adjustments, etc.

.. and when I beat it.. and beat it consistently.. it felt like "GAME ON!"

but that is just me.

< Puts imaginary hat back on.. (Because I still do not have a "real one" :( >

In any case.. What I have realized in this game is there are CRAZY DIFFERENT perspectives.. none are right, none are wrong.. it really depends on where you are in your journey.

....and that is pretty cool if you ask me. :)

• A new challenge level would be nice, but it would be nicer if they would have the blue items in lvl 70 challenge. Im sick of having to choose between mk III callers and hypo syringes from the support challenge.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Foxxphyre wrote: »
    A new challenge level would be nice, but it would be nicer if they would have the blue items in lvl 70 challenge. Im sick of having to choose between mk III callers and hypo syringes from the support challenge.

I had a dream once where I didn't need any more syringes...it was glorious.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    <Taking my "Mod Hat" off..>

Scuba is correct.. When level 80 was introduced they scaled to "challenge" to that level and people went ballistic. They dumbed them down after the outcry. (I was only able to beat them consistently once I hit 75-78, it was kind of cool Imo.. but that is just me.)

Soooo.. like the Yoda event being "fixed" they are easily obtainable now. Not really *MY* "thing" but hey.. it makes the vocal happy. :/

I agree with @GeorgeRules a "challenge" at 2* would be good.

Maybe not make them able to be "simmed" but provide extra rewards for the effort of having to play them out. I dunno.. It sounds kind of fun to me.

The funny thing about this is those people that complained about the increased difficulties, are the same people that complain "They do not listen to us". :|

Gw is the last bastion of something to achieve.. I know people joke about it "WAI" or whatever.. all I know is *I* went WEEKS not completing it.. just getting the later nodes.. failing..(but collecting what I could) then making adjustments, etc.

.. and when I beat it.. and beat it consistently.. it felt like "GAME ON!"

but that is just me.

< Puts imaginary hat back on.. (Because I still do not have a "real one" :( >

In any case.. What I have realized in this game is there are CRAZY DIFFERENT perspectives.. none are right, none are wrong.. it really depends on where you are in your journey.

....and that is pretty cool if you ask me. :)

Nice hat by the way.

I almost want 2 lvl's of everything in this game. 1 to keep the masses happy because who wants to play alone. And 2 a good challenge, I run odd teams and combos in GW now because I know my A team will carry me through at the end but I start with whatever I think will work and try to make them not die.... we need something to spark a challenge. The new event was great but I can't go past 5 which is where I heard it gets more interesting. Hope lies in the new raid.
  • The difference with the challenge before was that it was scaled up on existing challenges for max level. That was at level 70 so all the challenges we were doing at level 70 became impossible to complete. I remember going from a t5 to a t2/3. That's why the forum went nuts about it. It's like if they doubled the hardness of heroic with mods, people would of gone mad.

If they released a new harder challenge it would of been a different scenario. If they released t6 and t7 which actually require close to max squads to complete and were actually challenging and had the gear we all need and maybe a small amount of raid gear pieces 1-3.. it would A help and B give us some more content and a purpose to gear our less used characters again. I don't think it would require a level cap increase at all. Just an addition to the current end game content.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    The difference with the challenge before was that it was scaled up on existing challenges for max level. That was at level 70 so all the challenges we were doing at level 70 became impossible to complete. I remember going from a t5 to a t2/3. That's why the forum went nuts about it. It's like if they doubled the hardness of heroic with mods, people would of gone mad.

If they released a new harder challenge it would of been a different scenario. If they released t6 and t7 which actually require close to max squads to complete and were actually challenging and had the gear we all need and maybe a small amount of raid gear pieces 1-3.. it would A help and B give us some more content and a purpose to gear our less used characters again. I don't think it would require a level cap increase at all. Just an addition to the current end game content.

Unfortunately I don't believe it. If any mode in this game other than arena can't be auto battled, and if people loose in arena the forums light on fire.
    The new challenges at t4 that opened at level 72 are the ones that lit the forums up.
    If/when the next cap level raise happens, dear God please not be for a long long time, and new challenges open, if they are challenging, can't be auto with current character set, the forums again will light on fire.
    Unfortunately I don't expect to ever see a real challenging part in this game ever.

I still have fun with the game which is why I play and will continue to play until I no longer have fun.
  • Kyno wrote: »

@Kyno

Actually, one of my biggest fears is that both raids will have the same rewards, and people won't even do the new raid at all because they've already got a team built around exploiting TM in P1 of the Rancor raid against the Gam Guards, and they'll decide to simply keep farming Han Solo shards and getting the same rewards as before so that they don't have to build a new team.

My guess is that Rancor will be for gear and AAT will be for mods, but that's pure speculation until they announce/release something.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Why would they light on fire, are people going mad about the palpatine requirements. At least farming for a new tier of challenge wouldn't be a maybe worth it thing. I gave up on palp on the first day once I realised I would have to buy to come remotely close to meeting the requirements, at least with a challenge it would be a long term goal with lasting rewards, not an OP toon that people know will eventually be nerfed or outdated by the new meta. Sure rebels are now on my list of things to do, but they aren't priority, where as beefing up my existing toons to complete a new challenge for better rewards would be a priority. If i could get stun cuffs and guns or more credits it would be huge.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Grraauuggh wrote: »

@Kyno

Actually, one of my biggest fears is that both raids will have the same rewards, and people won't even do the new raid at all because they've already got a team built around exploiting TM in P1 of the Rancor raid against the Gam Guards, and they'll decide to simply keep farming Han Solo shards and getting the same rewards as before so that they don't have to build a new team.

My guess is that Rancor will be for gear and AAT will be for mods, but that's pure speculation until they announce/release something.

Yeah didn't even consider that. I was hoping devs are witty enough to want to make ppl work on something different
  • Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing them phase-out the Rancor raid. The TM exploit was never intentional, and the only reason that they didn't change the raid to prevent this is that so many people built squads around the exploit that by the time they realized the problem and would have been able to implement a fix, there would have been a lot of very peeved people unable to use the exploit. So, they left it in the game but made sure to fix it for the next raid.

Now that we have a new raid, I say it's high time that they simply phase out the old raid and do away with the exploit once and for all.
  • Seems we have a consensus about a higher tier challenge mode to get better gear, I'm all for that as I said before raid locked items don't have to be in there but all the other bits we need hundreds of would be awesome and don't be stingy with the drops!

Loving the recent game content, mod challenges have forced me to farm toons I wouldn't have bothered with and each t3 is difficult to get, palpatine event was spot on as well wasn't a cake walk so I take my imaginary hat off to the devs on these keep em coming :))
  • scuba wrote: »
    The difference with the challenge before was that it was scaled up on existing challenges for max level. That was at level 70 so all the challenges we were doing at level 70 became impossible to complete. I remember going from a t5 to a t2/3. That's why the forum went nuts about it. It's like if they doubled the hardness of heroic with mods, people would of gone mad.

Unfortunately I don't believe it. If any mode in this game other than arena can't be auto battled, and if people loose in arena the forums light on fire.
    The new challenges at t4 that opened at level 72 are the ones that lit the forums up.
    If/when the next cap level raise happens, dear God please not be for a long long time, and new challenges open, if they are challenging, can't be auto with current character set, the forums again will light on fire.
    Unfortunately I don't expect to ever see a real challenging part in this game ever.

I still have fun with the game which is why I play and will continue to play until I no longer have fun.

The problem I had with the "improved" challenges, was that no matter what I tried, I couldn't complete the challenges. Auto wasn't even an option and I didn't expect it to be. What **** me off was that it was literally impossible with what was at the time a pretty decent squad. My perception was that if you had the "right squad" it was doable, but if you had the "wrong squad" it was out of reach until you could farm a whole different group of characters.

I still think that was true and I think it was true of the Yoda event. For all the "just keep trying" I saw in the forums, I played the Yoda event like 50 times and never even got close to finishing the Yoda event with 5 7* max level Jedi. Yeah, that kind of **** me off after farming them for months to get 5 of them to 7*. They didn't have to make it as ridiculously easy as they did - they just needed to make it possible for someone with the wrong Jedi to do it.

My point is, not all the complaining is from people expecting it to be easy. At least some of it is from long time players, like myself, who merely want challenges and events to be possible so they can keep up with everyone else. This is just my opinion, but I think the devs and the mods sometimes forget that not everyone has a full stable of toons or knows which ones to farm to complete certain battles.
  • I guess it's as bent wookie said "a matter of perspective" what one group likes another doesn't. I feel only recently have they managed to nail a compromise between the two because we have seen far fewer rant posts in the forums

What the devs have done in the past is release content way ahead of when people are ready instead of progressively releasing them ... This is why events are such a hit and why I think the community is ready for a new challenge mode
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing them phase-out the Rancor raid. The TM exploit was never intentional, and the only reason that they didn't change the raid to prevent this is that so many people built squads around the exploit that by the time they realized the problem and would have been able to implement a fix, there would have been a lot of very peeved people unable to use the exploit. So, they left it in the game but made sure to fix it for the next raid.

Now that we have a new raid, I say it's high time that they simply phase out the old raid and do away with the exploit once and for all.

I forget where but they did say they will not be phasing it out.
  • At one time, weren't there challenges listed as unlocking beyond level 80? Seems like those went away when the cap went from 70 to 80...
  • Yeah Ryan there was they took them away I remember that too, bet those are what we were supposed to get! But as soon as the challenges are to hard threads starting appearing they shifted them
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing them phase-out the Rancor raid. The TM exploit was never intentional, and the only reason that they didn't change the raid to prevent this is that so many people built squads around the exploit that by the time they realized the problem and would have been able to implement a fix, there would have been a lot of very peeved people unable to use the exploit. So, they left it in the game but made sure to fix it for the next raid.

I actually think it was intentional. When did TMR finally become resistable, right around raid release.

What was required to get the same tmr in heroic before mods a g10 teebo which required multiple raid gear to get.
  • Sarek
    91 posts Member
    I would like some more difficult challenges with better gear and I am in the group that is not completing gw or 3* every level. I agree that it can be frustrating that certain game modes are out of my reach at the higher tiers, but at the same time those are what keep me playing. If everything could be done by everyone people would get bored of the game eventually. I enjoy the challenge.
  • Wow, now I know that I'm an old man. Not just because I'm sick of the whining, but because I'm about to start a sentence with "Back in my day"

Back in my day, we had no way to whine to the devs. If the game was hard, you had to figure that **** out. But the harder the game, the more you were determined to beat it. If it was strategy, figure out the strategy. If it was skill, get better. If it was a puzzle, figure that **** out...even if it was the **** Ripper coffee mug ****. Now people can't accomplish something on the first try (or hell, even 50th) and they complain to the devs instead of just using their brain and effort to get it done and enjoy the accomplishment.
    Personally, I like that the devs post updates on the forums...but I'd love it if they never read the complaints, and just focus on making a challenging but fun game. The only time they should change something is if an in-house group of players find stuff wrong. Don't let the inmates run the asylum.
  • Wonder_breadz
    31 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I thought I read somewhere that the new raid will have 6 and 7* mods... but maybe I'm crazy or it was a rumor. But I really don't know what they are going to do about the different raids if they don't add a new currency. Or lower the current cost of the rancor down.
    But honestly it's pretty sad that people go insane and cry if there is any sort or challenege or difficulty in the game. The fun in a game is working and earning rewards and reaching milestones. Not being handed everything on a silver plate
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I thought I read somewhere that the new raid will have 6 and 7* mods... but maybe I'm crazy or it was a rumor. But I really don't know what they are going to do about the different raids if they don't add a new currency. Or lower the current cost of the rancor down.
    But honestly it's pretty sad that people go insane and cry if there is any sort or challenege or difficulty in the game. The fun in a game is working and earning rewards and reaching milestones. Not being handed everything on a silver plate

Guilds in this game were not designed to be a cohesive group. You have to work to make that. The guild design here was designed as another competitive leader board between a selected group of 50 Players. I do not see the rancor raid cost going down or the earning cap going up. Maybe I have just become to jaded and have very low expectations. My expectation is earning at the same rate and having to choose which raid to run.
  • Wonder_breadz
    31 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    So in other words, han solo is going to go extinct? Cause I highly doubt they will add his shards to the new raid along with what I assume will be r2d2
  • Nobody said anything about retiring the current raid, that is wild speculation, you can even see 3 slots on the holo table with the new one looking like it fits to the left of rancor

To be honest variety is the spice of life so once the new raid gets old people might like to mix raids up just to do something different...

I'm hoping that the new raid doesn't lock out certain features the current one has which forces us to chose between mods or gear that will be a disaster!
  • Back to topic though @BentWookiee you carry some weight round here do you ever get a chance to feedback to the developers being a moderator? How do they pick up posts like this or others out of interest?