Bombs. Are they driven by potency or accuracy?

Simple question but no one in my guild seems to know. Working on a scoundrel team w Zam being a big part of it. Need to know so I can put the appropriate mods on her and Greedo.

Thank you in advance.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Unfortunately the "answer" is yes..... it hasn't really be confirmed but we can call it general knowledge or concensus. It is related to both and therfore can be resisted and dodged.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Unfortunately the "answer" is yes..... it hasn't really be confirmed but we can call it general knowledge or concensus. It is related to both and therfore can be resisted and dodged.

So it's both potency AND accuracy?
  • Nute Gunray should get a new Leadership ability.

Backroom Subterfuge - Stealthed allies gain 55% Critical Chance and gain 25% Turn Meter on a Critical hit. Thermal Detonators become Unresistable.
  • Nute Gunray should get a new Leadership ability.

Backroom Subterfuge - Stealthed allies gain 55% Critical Chance and gain 25% Turn Meter on a Critical hit. Thermal Detonators become Unresistable.

I forgot about Nute. More bombs more bombs more bombs.
  • I was wondering this too. Ever since they changed potency and tenacity my Engineers bombs get resisted or dodged a lot more
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Joeyd7878 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Yes both
  • Joeyd7878
    276 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Joeyd7878 wrote: »

Yes both

Any idea which would be more relevant? Or is this it a (c)rap shoot?
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    A lot depends on the tenacity of characters you face. If they are all base tenacity than 23% potency will take you to the minimal resist rate 15%. If players are modding up for tenacity than higher is needed. I would say around 40% - 50% potency is probably good for arena and GW. Chance to resist will not go below 15% so gonna get resisted.

Accuracy depends how many dodge teams you face. As accuracy can only go on one mod shape go with +12% of mk5 so you can get better secondary stats. That should almost account for a dooku/old Ben leader ability.