AI is clearly rigged

MackemSLAM
346 posts Member
edited January 2016
Despite the denial.

Using the terrible new GW retreat feature, I just retreated and restarted the same battle ten times.

Every time my level 61, gear level.8 Sidious goes first.

His heal immunity proc has been resisted every single time, against the opponents level 60 Sidious.

In every battle, the opponents Sidious goes next, and every time his heal immunity hits home.

I'm expected to believe that the failure to proc is the result of 'random' number generation. How many times should I repeat the same steps before getting a different ramdom result?

Replies

• It repeats every time because you perform the same action. Try attacking a different character. If it heal blocks that character it Will do so every time. If you sid is getting blocked move him to position 3 4 or 5. Their sid will attack someone else. When he does he may not land his block. It's a puzzle every match. Move positions, attack different characters.
  • It repeats every time because you perform the same action. Try attacking a different character. If it heal blocks that character it Will do so every time. If you sid is getting blocked move him to position 3 4 or 5. Their sid will attack someone else. When he does he may not land his block. It's a puzzle every match. Move positions, attack different characters.

I've now done another six in a row on Luminara and two on Consular.

18 resists in a row.

This is supposed to have a set % chance subject to RNG.

This cannot be described as random. There is no reason why this effect should be resisted every single time, save for the fact it is crucial that I land it and the AI has therefore blocked it.
  • IT'S NOT RANDOM. the "rolls" are made as the game loads. So the numbers are determined before the first move. First roll is 32 say. Sid hits lumi. 32 against her is not enough to get a block, but if you hit ig88 it might be enough. Second roll was 21. No matter if you hit lumi with bobas AOE, or 5555s regular it is still applying 21 to the attack. You can use this to manipulate your win. Make every one of your attack land if you can remember the order that works.
  • shimmy
    200 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I brought this up a few days ago....

I used the force close exploit to do a test (the new change is the force close exploit built into the game) and the EXACT same thing happened each time which CLEARLY showed the game is scripted in how it starts (maybe how it all plays out) and not random at all. I restarted it 8 times to confirm. Only when I changed the order of my characters (and followed the exact same target pattern) did the result change.

When I say exact, I mean exact as in the same damage and same effects happening.

Glad you also saw what I saw.
  • Does it make sense that the game loads the numbers at the start of the match? It rolls 45 7 34 27 12 3 12 21 and so on. Then each action uses the next number in sequence to determine if the next attack is dodged, lands a crit, calls an ally, lands a debug ect.... every time you restart it uses the same rolls in the same order. The change comes when you change character order. Or attack someone else.
  • Read up on how the AI works. AI actions are predetermined before the battle starts.

If you throw in the same team, and perform the same actions, you will get the same results.

Expecting otherwise is the definition of insanity ;)
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    This was confirmed yesterday. All programs use a seed number to generate random rolls. If you start the battle with the same lineup every time, the seed number is always the same. As @Widget_gaget said, the rolls are generated at the beginning of the battle. So if you start a battle with Lumi, Sid, Leia, Dooku, and Phasma and the seed (for example) is 35640, the rolls are calculated off of that seed number and end up 32, 54, 68, 24, 75, etc.
    As long as you use that same line up the seed number and the rolls remain the same. This means that the order of attack remains the same every time and the only thing you can change in battle is who you attack when it's your time. If you have Auto-Attack on, the match will play out the same every time.

To change things up, swap out one character. Lumi, Kylo, Leia, Dooku and Phasma will generate a new seed and result in new rolls. What I would like confirmation on is if we keep the same characters but change their order, does that effect the random seed?

Also, if you go from one load out to another and then back, does it go back to the original seed or does it generate a new one?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Varlie wrote: »
    To change things up, swap out one character. Lumi, Kylo, Leia, Dooku and Phasma will generate a new seed and result in new rolls. What I would like confirmation on is if we keep the same characters but change their order, does that effect the random seed?
    No.
    Varlie wrote: »
    Also, if you go from one load out to another and then back, does it go back to the original seed or does it generate a new one?
    Same as before.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I've changed around my team and its the same result every single time.

The battle is prescripted, noattwr what I do my Sidious heal immunity will ALWAYS be resisted in the first round of this battle and the opponents will ALWAYS proc.

Combined with the retreat change this is just a pile of crap.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Well that makes this change an even less strategic option
  • As I said, change the order. Use sids AOE first, then try to heal block. I kind of get the impression you would rather complain than accept the help offered.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Battles aren't scripted, whatever that's supposed to mean. They're seeded. This is basic knowledge of how AI functions in video games.

So you had a bad streak and now you're headed to the forums to steam off. I get that you're angry. But please, listen to reason and understand that "scripting" (I take it that you mean consciously manipulating how battles play out in favor of the AI) is extremely time consuming and wouldn't make any sense.

Pease pause and take a deep breath, and don't spread misinformation and nasty rumours because you had a streak of bad luck.
  • As others have said before, the rounds are seeded so when you attack the same target, the exact same thing will happen each time. This being said, I have found several ways to get around this.

1. Trying attacking a different character first. This will change what happens but sometimes not by much.

2. Change out a character in your line-up. Though this works, some of you might not have other geared/leveled characters so it might not be an option for you.

3. I don't think this has been stated yet but when it comes to seeds, it also takes into account which character you have targeted when your turn starts. You can change this by quickly targeting a different enemy as soon as the game starts before the enemy throws up their leader buff animation. This is the most finiky of all methods, as many characters are tied to each other and have the exact same seed. My method for this is this:

Start with player 1 targeted, attack player 1 = Bad result - Reset game
    Start with player 2 targeted, attack player 1 = notice nothing changed - Reset game
    Start with player 3 targeted, attack player 1 = Different outcome but still not favorable - Reset game
    Start with player 4 targeted, attack player 1 = Same result as last attempt - Reset game
    Start with player 5 targeted, attack player 1 = New result with favored outcome - Continue

If all 5 attempts fail, you can also spam target switches between 2-3 of the enemies until it is your turn, this usually has an all new outcome.

Using this method I have completed GW the last 12 days in a row with never retreating. I didn't even know retreating worked...
  • MackemSLAM wrote: »
    Despite the denial.

Using the terrible new GW retreat feature, I just retreated and restarted the same battle ten times.

Every time my level 61, gear level.8 Sidious goes first.

His heal immunity proc has been resisted every single time, against the opponents level 60 Sidious.

In every battle, the opponents Sidious goes next, and every time his heal immunity hits home.

I'm expected to believe that the failure to proc is the result of 'random' number generation. How many times should I repeat the same steps before getting a different ramdom result? [Your right.
    I have replayed many battles aiming at different toons and I always will miss. Its clearly not unbiased in its randomness
    Regardless of all the excuses people will wrote on here you van clearly see it cheats
  • Do you even read dates, bro?

Dates don't matter bro.
    Nothing has changed

Dates don't matter bro.
    Nothing has changed

Except bringing up old post is against the forum rules
  • You really revived a thread which a few year old without adding a comment of your own? I am all for debate and discussion but this does nothing.
  • AI definitely does seems rigged LOL, kind of similar to the RNG

Dates don't matter bro.
    Nothing has changed

A) Dates do matter

B) Being stupid and doing the same thing everytime will of course result in the same outcome.

I mean, seriously, if people haven't figured that out by now, there is no hope for them.

I use that to my advantage. It isn't RNG when the same thing will happen everytime you restart that battle.

Don't believe me? Try it. Do a couple of attacks, then restart and do the same thing. After doing that about 5 times and having the same outcome, restart AGAIN and do something different.

This is how I beat it consistently. Sometimes you give up good pieces to win the war.
  • Yesterday I had tie fighter, first order tie fighter, and slave 1 go through 4 rotations without a single target lock. Not to mention assist attacks and retribution on Biggs. The AI is definitely rigged