Requesting more than just gear

I just wanted to add in my $0.02 for what its worth. I love the gear request and donation system in guilds. I think it is REALLY great and helps promote unity and team spirit in a guild. I would like to suggest that you enhance it to allow players to request almost anything: shards, mods, mats, credits, crystals, maybe even energy?! I think those items in their current order would be my preference for priority.

Replies

• War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    None of those would work and would break the game balance. Shards are supposed to be earned and take awhile to get, if they could be donated you could get a hard to get character in like a week. Mods are pretty much the same way, your supposed to have a good Rebel team for good Tenacity mods, but if you could just request them it defeats the purpose.

Credits and Crystals could potentially hurt the games income, if there are whales in your guild, then you could have just asked for the crystals to get the Rebel boosters enough times to star up your rebels, and then request the credits to level them all. It would have made so no one in a guild with enough whales would have needed the 40$ Rebel pack, and that's where most of their income came from this month. Energy would make it so if someone has to take a few days away from the game, they could just give their energy away and whatever guildie got it wouldn't need to spend crystals on bonus energy.

They'd ultimately lose out on profit because players who would have had to buy crystals to get any of the listed things above, could just get them from guild whales. And it would also put the really big guilds at a huge advantage over the guilds that don't have as many whales.
  • Options
    War wrote: »
    ...And it would also put the really big guilds at a huge advantage over the guilds that don't have as many whales.

I can't imagine that too many whales will be all that generous with their money. Some will in order to help their guild or to help a friend, but I think that a person who pays will not want to be taken advantage of, so it will not happen all that much. I think that gear, mods, and shards could be trade. EA could even charge for it, hopefully not money, but some other in game currency. I don't think it would break the game. Some people thought mods would break the game and it has not, it just creates a new reality.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    War wrote: »
    ...And it would also put the really big guilds at a huge advantage over the guilds that don't have as many whales.

I can't imagine that too many whales will be all that generous with their money. Some will in order to help their guild or to help a friend, but I think that a person who pays will not want to be taken advantage of, so it will not happen all that much. I think that gear, mods, and shards could be trade. EA could even charge for it, hopefully not money, but some other in game currency. I don't think it would break the game. Some people thought mods would break the game and it has not, it just creates a new reality.

People would use the system to empower thier alts. :|

• Options
    People would use the system to empower thier alts. :|

That I could see. Heh, if people want to play this game all day long that is their choice. I have to work and I have a family who already joke about how much time I play. I can't see playing more than one account. Although it would allow me to do a better job with my starting characters,