Buff Yoda!

After the great job in rework characters and new good characters insert in the game, why not back yoda characteristics before nerf? ;)

Replies

• What was Yoda like Before he was nerfed?
  • I didn't notice a yoda nerf at all. I use him daily in GW.
  • Yoda used to hit hard. That was months ago @joeyd7878
  • Joeyd7878
    276 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Yoda used to hit hard. That was months ago @joeyd7878

I've got him modded with 2 offensive primary stat mods right now. His critical hits upwards of 8k. Was that the only thing that got nerfed?@IAmException
  • Yeah, yoda is easy to gear up and I could have had him higher than what I have him at now which is 9 but I won't waste any more scanners and techs because he hits like a gear 7 and 8 toon. Despite his versatility and aswesome kit and great speed, I olny use him to fill a spot in Gw when I want to save Ackbar and elder for later nodes. He needs a offense buff ....I olny kill him after high dps in arena once in a while so he doesn't team buff. He needs offense and stat, just because he is a support doesn't meant he needs to hit like Barris.
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    Simply improving his AI would go a long way toward his usefulness, I think we would see him a lot more if he wasn't bad on defense.
  • vynn wrote: »
    Simply improving his AI would go a long way toward his usefulness, I think we would see him a lot more if he wasn't bad on defense.

Yeah, that's really the only issue with Yoda; it's not all about damage. If the AI would let Battle Meditation go first rather than wait for a buff or something he would be considerably better.
  • Yeah, yoda is easy to gear up and I could have had him higher than what I have him at now which is 9 but I won't waste any more scanners and techs because he hits like a gear 7 and 8 toon. Despite his versatility and aswesome kit and great speed, I olny use him to fill a spot in Gw when I want to save Ackbar and elder for later nodes. He needs a offense buff ....I olny kill him after high dps in arena once in a while so he doesn't team buff. He needs offense and stat, just because he is a support doesn't meant he needs to hit like Barris.

Do any Jedis really hit that hard? I understand not wanting to use the scanners on him but there was a notable difference between g9 and g10. And let's be honest, he's not nearly as bad as Barris.
  • Joeyd7878 wrote: »
    Yeah, yoda is easy to gear up and I could have had him higher than what I have him at now which is 9 but I won't waste any more scanners and techs because he hits like a gear 7 and 8 toon. Despite his versatility and aswesome kit and great speed, I olny use him to fill a spot in Gw when I want to save Ackbar and elder for later nodes. He needs a offense buff ....I olny kill him after high dps in arena once in a while so he doesn't team buff. He needs offense and stat, just because he is a support doesn't meant he needs to hit like Barris.

Do any Jedis really hit that hard? I understand not wanting to use the scanners on him but there was a notable difference between g9 and g10. And let's be honest, he's not nearly as bad as Barris.

Qui-Gon Jin, Anakin with his unique activated, and Luminara.
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    vynn wrote: »

Yeah, that's really the only issue with Yoda; it's not all about damage. If the AI would let Battle Meditation go first rather than wait for a buff or something he would be considerably better.

Rex has the same issue, he should ALWAYS use his Squad Discipline when it's off cooldown. To help with that, I have him going right after Anakin and preferably Anakin exposes himself, or gets hit with a debuff when his AoE gets counter attacked from someone like Fives. The problem is he may expose himself and a counter-attack leaves him without a debuff for Rex to dispel. Also, I don't buff Anakin's crit chance to increase the likelihood that he exposes himself. It's extremely counterproductive, funny even that we sometimes go to these lengths to get the AI to do what we want it to do.

In the case of Yoda, one of his strengths should be his speed, but you could get him to lead with Battle Medication on an IGD team if he's attacked first and counter-attack triggers his foresight. Either that, or you run a couple assist callers ahead of his speed (Aayla, GS) and hope that he's called to assist and gets foresight. Obviously none of this is going to be very reliable but it's kind of fun to see when it works.
  • jedii_2040
    306 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Yoda is not mere any Star Wars character, but he is Master Yoda, greatest of all Jedis. But it is sad to see his state. He is easily targets, apart from getting foresight and occasionally helping team with foresight, there is not much real use.

EA should definitely consider fixing his character. Yoda stands no where, when you compare him with likes of Rey, RG, QGJ, Anakin, Dooku, Old Ben. Even many players will prefer Barris over Yoda.
  • vynn wrote: »
    vynn wrote: »

Rex has the same issue, he should ALWAYS use his Squad Discipline when it's off cooldown. To help with that, I have him going right after Anakin and preferably Anakin exposes himself, or gets hit with a debuff when his AoE gets counter attacked from someone like Fives. The problem is he may expose himself and a counter-attack leaves him without a debuff for Rex to dispel. Also, I don't buff Anakin's crit chance to increase the likelihood that he exposes himself. It's extremely counterproductive, funny even that we sometimes go to these lengths to get the AI to do what we want it to do.

In the case of Yoda, one of his strengths should be his speed, but you could get him to lead with Battle Medication on an IGD team if he's attacked first and counter-attack triggers his foresight. Either that, or you run a couple assist callers ahead of his speed (Aayla, GS) and hope that he's called to assist and gets foresight. Obviously none of this is going to be very reliable but it's kind of fun to see when it works.

Ugh, don't get me started on Rex. LOL! I thought it would be cool to see Yoda as the leader on a Squad like Yoda, QGJ, JKA, Aayla, and then maybe RG or a tank. Then the Jedi would get TM on all the resists for the first couple turns and really get going.
  • Joeyd7878 wrote: »
    Yeah, yoda is easy to gear up and I could have had him higher than what I have him at now which is 9 but I won't waste any more scanners and techs because he hits like a gear 7 and 8 toon. Despite his versatility and aswesome kit and great speed, I olny use him to fill a spot in Gw when I want to save Ackbar and elder for later nodes. He needs a offense buff ....I olny kill him after high dps in arena once in a while so he doesn't team buff. He needs offense and stat, just because he is a support doesn't meant he needs to hit like Barris.

Qui-Gon Jin, Anakin with his unique activated, and Luminara.

Besides Anakin I don't know that I would consider QGJ and lumi dps, though they probably technically are. Nevermind the fact that protection has rendered Lumi and other healers almost irrelevant. @JetBlackMirror
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    I thought it would be cool to see Yoda as the leader on a Squad like Yoda, QGJ, JKA, Aayla, and then maybe RG or a tank. Then the Jedi would get TM on all the resists for the first couple turns and really get going.

Absolutely! It's great to see a team like that work so well but all the more frustrating knowing that it fails miserably on defense.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Yeah he really needs a buff. His AI needs buffing too, otherwise there is no point leaving him in arena in defense even with all the incoming Palpatines.