Help! The bug/issue that could make the game unplayable

CaptainPlatypus
58 posts Member
edited January 2016
I'm not exactly sure the cause of this bug/issue, or whether it's a common problem or just something experienced by a few, but I can't keep playing this game long-term if it persists.

From the moment I started playing this game, I was experiencing a type of 'freezing' or delay after battles. Whether it's Cantina, LS/DS, Events, GW, or very occasionally Arena, I sometimes have to wait upwards of a two minutes for the game to move on from the 'Victory' screen. (In the case of Arena, twice now this has caused me to time out and lose the battle, despite having already killed all 5 opponents).

The game isn't actually freezing, because the characters are still animated (you can see them bobbing up and down or moving their limbs slightly) but I often just have to put my phone down and come back to it a minute or two later for it to continue.

This was a very frustrating issue before, with 1 in 4 or 5 battles experiencing some type of delay, but since the update it seems to be 1 in 2 or 3 battles. The odd delay here and there wouldn't be an issue, but when I have to wait one or two minutes after every other battle it starts to get too much.

Sometimes it's just a 20 second delay, sometimes it's more like two minutes.

It's been suggested that it's my internet connection, but I experience the same problem sat right next to my Wifi, on 4G, or on friends' wifi. Also, none of my other apps experience any connectivity problems whatsoever.

I'm using a month old Samsung Galaxy Note 4, with very few apps or content on it.

Any suggestions or even acknowledgement that this is an issue?

Is it an Android issue or does it happen on iOS too?

P.s. I've also experienced serious delay (five minutes occasionally) on the checking for updates screen on startup. Not sure if this is the same issue or if this is actually just installing updates.

Replies

• I face the exact same problem in my NVIDIA Shield. Not a single time I faced the delay on my iPhone 6. Same WiFi connection. It's frustrating. Sometimes I need to force close and restart the game.
  • Sometimes I turn wifi off for a minute and turn it on again, that works sometimes...
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    I'm not exactly sure the cause of this bug/issue, or whether it's a common problem or just something experienced by a few, but I can't keep playing this game long-term if it persists.

From the moment I started playing this game, I was experiencing a type of 'freezing' or delay after battles. Whether it's Cantina, LS/DS, Events, GW, or very occasionally Arena, I sometimes have to wait upwards of a two minutes for the game to move on from the 'Victory' screen. (In the case of Arena, twice now this has caused me to time out and lose the battle, despite having already killed all 5 opponents).

The game isn't actually freezing, because the characters are still animated (you can see them bobbing up and down or moving their limbs slightly) but I often just have to put my phone down and come back to it a minute or two later for it to continue.

This was a very frustrating issue before, with 1 in 4 or 5 battles experiencing some type of delay, but since the update it seems to be 1 in 2 or 3 battles. The odd delay here and there wouldn't be an issue, but when I have to wait one or two minutes after every other battle it starts to get too much.

Sometimes it's just a 20 second delay, sometimes it's more like two minutes.

It's been suggested that it's my internet connection, but I experience the same problem sat right next to my Wifi, on 4G, or on friends' wifi. Also, none of my other apps experience any connectivity problems whatsoever.

I'm using a month old Samsung Galaxy Note 4, with very few apps or content on it.

Any suggestions or even acknowledgement that this is an issue?

Is it an Android issue or does it happen on iOS too?

P.s. I've also experienced serious delay (five minutes occasionally) on the checking for updates screen on startup. Not sure if this is the same issue or if this is actually just installing updates.

Put this in the bug/issue section. Its a bug/issue after all lol
  • Abyss wrote: »

I have, but it got no response. Might have to bump it.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Abyss wrote: »

I have, but it got no response. Might have to bump it.

Im sure not all will get direct responses but the devs read and i would assume they read that section most. If its there, then they know about it.

It happens to me on occasion but i just chocked it up to random lag which happens in all games sometimes
  • Abyss wrote: »

Im sure not all will get direct responses but the devs read and i would assume they read that section most. If its there, then they know about it.

It happens to me on occasion but i just chocked it up to random lag which happens in all games sometimes

Yeah, you're probably right about the bug section.

If it was on occasion I'd have no problem with it, but when it happens every couple of games it becomes a real problem.