SWGOH 2

Anyone else concerned for a GOH 2? After unspecified amounts of money (more than some people make yearly) put into this game I am concerned for the inevitable GOH 2.

Replies

• I really hope they just continue to expand the current game instead of releasing another one. I'm sure they will realise that people have invested lots of time and money into the current game and will not want to move away from it.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • ShewardN wrote: »
    I really hope they just continue to expand the current game instead of releasing another one. I'm sure they will realise that people have invested lots of time and money into the current game and will not want to move away from it.
    This is my hope but the businessman in me realizes this is not the way investors think.
  • Revenant wrote: »
    ShewardN wrote: »
    I really hope they just continue to expand the current game instead of releasing another one. I'm sure they will realise that people have invested lots of time and money into the current game and will not want to move away from it.
    This is my hope but the businessman in me realizes this is not the way investors think.
    Well, from their point of view... why would they move onto another game? I know a lot of people won't carry onto a sequel. They would have felt cheated and EA/CG would lose a lot of customers. What could do they differently? We've already got such a large amount of core characters in this game and new ones are constantly being added. The combat system is great and there's nothing much that could be changed. What would a sequel look like? I would guess it would be pretty much exactly the same with slightly more characters, and those characters can just be added to this one. Not to mention the cost and time on working on a new game when all they have to do now is keep this game is alive and add fresh content such as characters and raids moving forwards.
  • I love this game and I don't want a sequel but as life tends to move forward I am prepared to be disappointed. Just as I am disappointed with my thread being moved off topic even though it is still pertinent to the current game topic. Sigh.
  • Revenant wrote: »
    I love this game and I don't want a sequel but as life tends to move forward I am prepared to be disappointed. Just as I am disappointed with my thread being moved off topic even though it is still pertinent to the current game topic. Sigh.
    Don't worry too much about it. The game will stick around for a decent amount of time. They have the Star Wars IP to use, plenty of characters to dig into, plenty of customers spending money and they have no real reason to make a new one. These type of games don't usually get a sequel, and when they do it's because the old one completely died. That won't happen for a very long time with this one.

To be honest, I can't blame them for moving this to off-topic.
  • Greed is a powerful thing so never underestimate. I want to agree with you and ignore the way I feel, but I've seen this before. We'll see.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    SWGOH 2: The Search For More Money
  • MBL_66 wrote: »
    SWGOH 2: The Search For More Money

+1 to any good Spaceballs reference.

And hey, don't knock Off Topic. IMO, the best threads are here. Even if my glorious attempts at humor here have been buried to pages 2 and 4 by now lol.
  • Avengers Alliance 2 turned out pretty good.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Lol well it doesn't look promising with 1k posts
  • I would be all for a swgoh 2 or with some serious updates on the current game \:

* Starting later in the game, it's a lot harder to play catch up to those who have been playing much longer, which makes it harder to gain new players, and even older players who have taken time off have a hard time catching up. Dealing 50-100k damage in a raid vs 2 million sucks, and isn't something that you can really work up to because new updates and levels keep coming out. The gap only increases with time.

* I would love to see server options, where new servers become available to play on every month or so... kind of like Tiberium Alliances. I would restart SWGOH all over again if I had a chance to start even with other people on the server. I would even pay again. As it is, I could restart, but those 85's will still be there and still be impossible to catch up to.

*Upgraded guild play, with chat options and customization would be great. Borrowing an allies character would also be epic for raids so that you could help each other out and get a feel for which characters you like and would use.

*Personalized chat, where you could send messages to allies, etc. Would be a nice add in.

*Cross platform playing, it would be great to play on android or ios and being able to switch accounts as you get a new phone.

*It's a whole universe of characters, they could do a new one without touching any of the current characters. Try old republic style, etc... People could play one or both games.

Anywhoo, these are my ramblings...
This discussion has been closed.