Why is 7* Palp so hard to beat

Replies

• ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    People still say Lobot is bad? Geez... what a ignorance...

hcPqRSB.jpg

Top #1 of my alternate f2p iPad account... this guy kicks **** with his lobot

Is it the Lobot that does it or the B2? Hard to see that team holding up defensively without the speed boost of JE
  • You don't need lando. I did it easily without lando. Ackbar, Luke, Biggs, St Han, HRSc, all gear IX or higher, L80. I'm getting Lando now, but you don't need him to beat T7 Emperor.
  • Deist
    110 posts Member
    You need more damage. Leia and Biggs are your biggest hitters but you need a third. I have never used lobot, or either of the hoth crew. Wedge seems as a no go for you right now. If your number 1 in the arena then ackbar should be easy to get. I got lando from cantina battles when I first saw his node unlocked because i love the character. Just try and get AA to at least complete your rebel synergy, he will at least keep you alive long enough.

That being said, luke skywalker's plus 45% tenacity on lead is a better case for this fight than leia. The resists from stun and shock will help you as well.

Hope that helps, I had similar issues with the first Yoda battles. Sometimes you just gotta grind.
  • Why do they make the event so extremely hard, should not you get rewarded by events for playing the game??

I have spend a LOT of money into the game already (e.g. I have unlocked 7* GG), I have 20+ 7* toons, many GL10. I am arena #1.

Now they come around with this event where you need again toons that many dont have leveled up.
    So my very good rooster does not help at all, which took a lot a lot of effort (and money) and is now worthless for this event.

I have 5 7* for this event (for which I quickly put in a lot of resources already) and which is the only setup i can use):
    7* Leia (G10), almost maxed out
    7* Lobo (G10), maxed out
    7* Biggs (G8)
    7* Hoth Soldier (G7)
    7* Hoth Scout (G7)

all lev 80, all fully mod with 5* Mods

Now, I have absolutely no chance to get Palp 7 down with this setup. Light years away.
    Which I find ridiculous. Should not events reward you for playing this game?

So now i need to spend again several hundreds Euro just to get the reward for this event because they force again (once more) to gear up toons that I dont play otherwise.

Will they ever stop being that greedy?

No, you should not be rewarded for playing the game. You should be rewarded for beating the event. For being a whale, you sure chose some odd toons to max out.
  • I autoed it with Ackbar, STH, Biggs, leia, and lando. Poor toon choices is your prob. AA was g8, the rest G9. First attempt success. Make better choices and stop complaining. Hoth rebels are not going to do it for you, you need a cleanse for Vader.

So who decides what a "poor toon choice" is? You? How can you know upfront?

Thats exactly my point, I have many very well build chars but they are all worthless since they force you to use a very limited toons setup for this event. It comes down that you need 1 or 2 specific chars (Lando, AA), otherwise you are screwed. So all my G10/11 chars like GS, RG, Droids (I run a full droid setup), Obi Wan, Yoda, GS, Sun Fac, Teeboo, Ana etc. are all worthless in this event.

I am #1 arena, so my toon choices cannot be that poor. Are you also #1 arena?

I'm gonna try to be nice...
    The more I read your replies and comments, the more convinced I am that you're a 12 year old with a credit card. Why on earth do you think you should be able to use GS or Ewoks or Jedi. The only Jedi that was a part of the rebellion was Luke, and guess what? You can use Luke. They make these events to get people to broaden their rosters. There are some people out there that just don't care enough to try and get EP. There are some people who buy the toons they need. And then there are people who buy whatever they think is good at the time. You have some good toons, don't get me wrong. But it's ignorant to think that you can use sun fac in a rebel/empire event. Were you upset when you couldn't use Jedi for the potency mod challenge? Mad that you can't use Vader for light side battles? Probably not but I wouldn't be surprised.

A broad roster is a good thing to have, not everything operates like arena does. Nor should it. I have a Jedi squad, an empire squad, a raid squad, half of a scoundrel squad and I'm currently working on a rebel squad. Why? Because I'm trying to accomplish things that require those squads. If they end up doing a jawa exclusive raid I'll be screwed, but I certainly won't go to the forums to complain that 'it's not fair!'

I'm number 1 in arena too. Lots of people are. It's not hard once you get a Few good toons under your belt. Anyone can beat the AI in this game. But that adds up to nothing in the short and long run.

You are not entitled to anything simply because you pay to play. Get the toons you need and beat t7 next time or get over it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    clhs wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I haven't been able to do it with: Lando (level 80 gear 9), Ackbar (level 80 gear 8), Leia (level 80 gear 10), Biggs (level 72 gear 8) and ST Han (level 71 gear 8). Tier six was easy but I don't get close in the seventh tier.

Who do you run as leader? AA lead works - but Lando lead can work as well, since he speeds everyone up (which can be the difference in getting Han's taunt off before he is stunned or blocked by EP).

Also, try to get some crit damage mods on Lando - not the sets - there are some higher levels mods that have 30%+ crit damage as their primary stat. One of those on Lando helps quite a bit. It helps you take down EP behind the taunts. Also, try to use AA's tactical genius to give Lando to AoEs in a row - that helps as well.

Thanks, matie,
    I've tried Lando and Ackbar as my leads. Tried a few times but to no avail! Have got four crit damage mods on Lando (and two health). Just can't seem to get further than killing the two guards and then taking Palpatine down by about a third... :(

I didn't mean the actual set of crit damage mods. I actually meant to find one like the one in the screenshot from mine posted below. Much more "bang for your buck" as it were. Use the other slots for health, defense or crit chance up

ecPwy7G.png
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • JJ18
    26 posts Member
    ABNRAS wrote: »
    I disagree as well. I used AA, STHan, HRSc, Biggs, and Leia. Found it to be pretty easy. Don't think the Devs tuned the difficulty too high at all. I went straight after EP, and used AA to clear debuffs so I didn't get smoked by culling blade.

that is exactly what i have.. what levels and gear did you have them at.... most use lando.. i wont have him ready so im trying to figure out if i need to max level biggs.... i have all of the other ones at gear 9-10 and maxed... how far should i take biggs.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    @Basti4SWGOH Lobot, Hoth Rebel Soldier, Biggs without Wedge, no Lando, no ST Han, no Ackbar
    I call that a poor financial investment and you deserve to struggle against the Emperor with that lineup.
    You have no leader and no respectable Rebel synergy. Lobot is trash, Biggs needs Wedge to be viable. I'd say wait until the event returns and farm decent Rebels in the meantime
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    It's not "their" fault if you haven't played long enough to have heroes for a specific event. They even dropped hints about this one coming. It's always been the case that you could buy packs to catch up, packs specific to the events. Some people do, some people don't. It's a game. Take a deep breath and decide to take responsibility for your own decisions, it actually helps you get ahead.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Pyramidshawn
    871 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I autoed it with Ackbar, STH, Biggs, leia, and lando. Poor toon choices is your prob. AA was g8, the rest G9. First attempt success. Make better choices and stop complaining. Hoth rebels are not going to do it for you, you need a cleanse for Vader.

So who decides what a "poor toon choice" is? You? How can you know upfront?

You leveled and geared hoth rebel soldier instead of sthan... Responsibility going to have to fall on your shoulders there :p
  • You should be able to beat this if your HRS and Leia are max gear and level with mods. Put potency on HRS and stun emperor, proceed to kill the RGs then kill DV while keeping the emperor locked up. The key you are missing is STH honestly. My Leia, STH, HRS pretty much soloed the fight. My ackbar lead was 50, Biggs was 52. Neither were even purple gear yet freshly 7* and I beat it within two minutes. It is doable try different combinations.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm just going to leave this here. (Notice: no Lando in the first two posts)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/63813/emperor-palpatine-event#latest
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Lol I just responded to that post. The event is doable as a 3 man team I didn't lose a single character even with level 50 and 52
  • Nukin
    415 posts Member
    I beat event with a 31k power team. Leia ST Han, Hrs, Biggs, and Luke. Try harder. :P
  • NukinFTW wrote: »
    I beat event with a 31k power team. Leia ST Han, Hrs, Biggs, and Luke. Try harder. :P

you're going to send him over the edge lol
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I am #1 arena, so my toon choices cannot be that poor. Are you also #1 arena?

You apparently made some poor choices, when you chose your rebel team. Have a coke and a smile and deal with it.

But Hey! Congrats on you wise decisions for your arena team.

(And yes, I actually ranked 1st today. I don't do it every day, though. Only 5 of the last 10 days)
  • SamoBudo
    223 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    You don't need lando. I did it easily without lando. Ackbar, Luke, Biggs, St Han, HRSc, all gear IX or higher, L80. I'm getting Lando now, but you don't need him to beat T7 Emperor.

I did it with Auto AA Leia Biggs HRSc ST han All G8-9 only AA leia Maxed and the only L80's. Key is kill RGs first,

• clhs
    195 posts Member
    I haven't been able to do it with: Lando (level 80 gear 9), Ackbar (level 80 gear 8), Leia (level 80 gear 10), Biggs (level 72 gear 8) and ST Han (level 71 gear 8). Tier six was easy but I don't get close in the seventh tier.

Who do you run as leader? AA lead works - but Lando lead can work as well, since he speeds everyone up (which can be the difference in getting Han's taunt off before he is stunned or blocked by EP).

Also, try to get some crit damage mods on Lando - not the sets - there are some higher levels mods that have 30%+ crit damage as their primary stat. One of those on Lando helps quite a bit. It helps you take down EP behind the taunts. Also, try to use AA's tactical genius to give Lando to AoEs in a row - that helps as well.

Thanks, matie,
    I've tried Lando and Ackbar as my leads. Tried a few times but to no avail! Have got four crit damage mods on Lando (and two health). Just can't seem to get further than killing the two guards and then taking Palpatine down by about a third... :(

I didn't mean the actual set of crit damage mods. I actually meant to find one like the one in the screenshot from mine posted below. Much more "bang for your buck" as it were. Use the other slots for health, defense or crit chance up

ecPwy7G.png

Thank you. This is food for thought. Am going to give Lando's mods some consideration.
    Am also working frantically to get HRS up to seven stars before the event closes; I wonder if subbing him in and benching Biggs (or ST Han) might help me. Thanks for the advice.
  • You guys actually know what lobot does?
    He cleanses, just like AA, can be good in a droid setup etc

OP: just keep trying, you'll get lucky eventually!
    Just make sure you burst down bith rg's asap, go after palps next and do vader last!
  • Today I got last shards to level 7* Biggs and I tried last stage.
    Retreated free times because StHan stunned immediatly but after that it was easy.
    At the end all of my toons were alive.
    AA/L/ gear 9 , level 74,no omega
    StHan,gear 11, level 80 ,no omega,few poor mod
    Leia,gear 10,level 80,no omega,few poor mod
    HRScout, gear 8,level 68,no omega
    Biggs,gear 8,level 66, no omega

If StHan taunt works before he stunned, you win but he need hp+prot.
  • Will this team win do you guys think?

Luke Skywalker
    Leia
    St Han
    Rebel Scout
    Briggs

I've only just unlocked these guys because of this event. I was hoping that I'd be able to use Darkside characters to unlock the emperor seen as you need Lightside to unlock Yoda.

But no. It seems Darkside toons are very pointless.
  • Tmjm
    70 posts Member
    Slightly highjacking this thread.

Im about to 7 star luke skywalker....

so this is my squad, wondering on any tips on to doing the final palpatine tier and where you would go to maximize -

all characters are currently without mods, but i should have enough to do each one if i know what to equip to each character..

Leia - 7 Star - GL 8 - lvl 75 - no mods all abilities level 7 apart from against all odds which is maxed
    STH - 7 star - GL 8 - LVL 75- wary shot, draw fire level 7, buff maxed plan b level 4
    AA - 7 STAR - GL 8 - LVL 72 - quickshot, its a trap, tactical genius lvl 7 leader maxed
    biggs - 7 star - gl 8 - lvl 73- all abilities lvl 7
    luke skywalker - 7 star - gl 8 - lvl 70 - fm 7, bulls eye 7 , ANH lvl 3 , draw a bead level 6 ....
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Tmjm wrote: »

so this is my squad, wondering on any tips on to doing the final palpatine tier and where you would go to maximize -

all characters are currently without mods, but i should have enough to do each one if i know what to equip to each character..

Leia - 7 Star - GL 8 - lvl 75 - no mods all abilities level 7 apart from against all odds which is maxed
    STH - 7 star - GL 8 - LVL 75- wary shot, draw fire level 7, buff maxed plan b level 4
    AA - 7 STAR - GL 8 - LVL 72 - quickshot, its a trap, tactical genius lvl 7 leader maxed
    luke skywalker - 7 star - gl 8 - lvl 70 - fm 7, bulls eye 7 , ANH lvl 3 , draw a bead level 6 ....

I think you will have problems doing T7 with that team (as in lvls and gear)

I did it with
    AA 7* lvl 80 g8 max mods all omega
    Leia 7* lvl 80 g9 max mods all omega
    STH 7* lvl 75 g8 mix of mods
    Luke 7* lvl 75 g8 mix of mods
    Biggs 7* lvl 75 g8 mix of mods

Turning point for me was removing a load of maxed mods from arena team and gearing up STH/Biggs/Luke but before then I could only take the guards out never mind Vader/Palps and I only lost STH at the very end

Several diff strats but I went Guards then Vader then Emp.. key is getting taunt up on Han and plently of RNG with Leia to practically kill a guard a turn
  • Tmjm
    70 posts Member
    Saraleb wrote: »

I did it with

Turning point for me was removing a load of maxed mods from arena team and gearing up STH/Biggs/Luke but before then I could only take the guards out never mind Vader/Palps and I only lost STH at the very end

Several diff strats but I went Guards then Vader then Emp.. key is getting taunt up on Han and plently of RNG with Leia to practically kill a guard a turn

So what would you do in my shoes?

I stripped my a team of mods and blurzed tier 6 witg that team but luke and bigs were 6 star and gear 7 ...
  • Tmjm wrote: »
    Saraleb wrote: »

I did it with

So what would you do in my shoes?

I stripped my a team of mods and blurzed tier 6 witg that team but luke and bigs were 6 star and gear 7 ...

Ooohwee. My luke and Biggs were g7 and in the lvl 60 range. Sth and Leia are the big factors along with aa cleansing when needed. Put potency on luke and hope for stuns. Use biggs assist and hope for Leia to hit with it. That's all I did. Rg first, vader, then palps.
  • I think we all know what you're really upset about and that's simply because you cannot get your 7 star Palp.

The forums are littered with posts of people crying unfair or I should have or this toon should be a Jedi because...

I still cannot get speed mods or mods with resistance fighters because I haven't leveled up the right toons and chose different paths.

I have a 7 star Pal, but that's only because I have a full rebel team and have had one for ages with me thinking I wasted money leveling Biggs up. Then guess what, this event came out and I beat it basically on Auto because I had a full rebel squad. I was lucky thats all that my previous choices worked.

I still don't have a 7 star Yoda because I need to get my Barris to 7 starts and my Mace, but I choose not to as I don't want to waste resources yet on these two.

If a Rebel event came out tomorrow with a Bespin Luke as the prize and you needed a full empire team to win it, I wouldn't be able to do it because of my choices in the game. Same if a Jawa event or a Clone event or a etc, etc, etc.

Palp was never on my list of most wanted as Bespin/Jedi Luke, Thrawn, Hans Solo are my top 3, however I do think Palp is worth it and I see it as a worthwhile prize for the time and money I've spent in the game.

Bout time I got something for the dosh, but I don't deserve to get stuff just because I paid...
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    @Nikoms565 Thank you! I just managed to beat Palpatine's seventh tier today, after playing with Lando's mods. Thank you.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    @Nikoms565 Thank you! I just managed to beat Palpatine's seventh tier today, after playing with Lando's mods. Thank you.

No problem! Glad to be of assistance. May the Force be with you. :)

• Fwiw, Luke(L) - Biggs - Leia - Lando - Ackbar did the trick for me. 45% tenacity boost is a good shield against Palpatine's wickedness.
  • I'll give you a hint to beat it

There is a built in can't beat until you attempt so many times for the last stage. On my 11 attempt I beat it extremely handily when I had my behind handed to me the 10 times before. Same result on other three accounts.