Why is 7* Palp so hard to beat

124Next

Replies

• Tmjm
    70 posts Member
    I think im getting destroyed due to a horrendous bug.

Vader ALWAYS goes first. His bar is almost full blue , whilst everyoneelses is nothing, including the empire team.

He does a crushing blow, then he throws his lightsaber, however his lightsaber doesnt kill anyone, but he still gets an IMMEDIATE attack again. So he pretty much gets three attacks before i even get a shot.

INFURIATING.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    that's how it's supposed to be @Tmjm because of Palps Leader ability
  • Tmjm
    70 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I get the crushing blow gives him an immediate turn.

Im uploading a video to show what i mean.

but he does

crushing blow
    (my bigs goes next due to his unique ability)

then he does his basic move, which doesnt do anything , it dosent debuff anyone, then he throws his lightsaber straight after.

palpatine only gives TM if you actually debuff or land some dots ? right?

@Dhoey321

https://youtu.be/2aHSQdL3LVc
  • Petrelli81 wrote: »
    If you have spent that much, why on earth would you not have Lando?...

No Han, no AA or Lando = building the wrong characters for general usefulness in the game. Sorry, but you can't rage at the event when you're missing pretty much everyone that could help you.

+1.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    You need Lando. I auto'd the battle with ackbar lead, Lando, leia, st han and a poor hrs.

I have Biggs instead of HRS. Didn't have much success doing it myself. After 4 poor and 1 good attempt (Leia refused to shoot more than once) I thought I need to work on my mods more. Instead of trying one final time myself I turned autoplay on and to my surprise they beat Palpatine easily, with just StHan dying.

Imagine that, I play worse than AI.

• So my very good rooster does not help at all, which took a lot a lot of effort (and money) and is now worthless for this event.
    Is the rooster a hidden character in the game?

g276hwCj7h-10.png

• Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    @Tmjm

Anytime an empire or sith gives a debuff that character gains turn meter so when he uses force crush he landed 9 debuffs which gives him pretty much full turn meter. then he used his basic attack which didn't land anything so i see your point. Not sure if it's a bug or not. But i doubt they will fix it in last couple days of event.
  • I did farm Lobot for a while when I was doing T5 raids before I discovered the teebo meta for P1. I thought I needed another cleanse. He does in the useless pile I spent resources on like Talia, JC, Mob Enforcer, and Darth Maul
  • Tmjm
    70 posts Member
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    @Tmjm

Anytime an empire or sith gives a debuff that character gains turn meter so when he uses force crush he landed 9 debuffs which gives him pretty much full turn meter. then he used his basic attack which didn't land anything so i see your point. Not sure if it's a bug or not. But i doubt they will fix it in last couple days of event.

Yeah thats what i found so odd... because when he gets that extra attack which he shouldnt be getting hes really messing up the rythm, its a killer when he gets an extra attack he shouldnt and he either blocks an ability (hans taunt) or whipes someone out....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Reread the text at the beginning of the encounter. Palpatine tells Vader to "strike down these fools". It seems clear that the event is supposed to begin with Vader getting the first strike.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Tmjm
    70 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Well... I did it... with the following...

hoRavV0.png

1zq2P1E.png

PuGk0bP.jpg

cLecoVR.jpg

AvD4GpQ.jpg

zYfZOTq.jpg

XQUQVyT.jpg
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    i should be able to get him tomorrow! so pumped!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Congrats Tmjm - he is fun!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I thought it was rather easy, I was expecting a lot worse.

I did it with.

Lvl 80 STH G11, fully modded
    Lvl 80 Leia G10, fully modded
    Lvl 72 Ackbar, G8, 4/6 mods
    Lvl 72 HRSc, G8, 2/6 mods
    Lvl 51 Biggs, G7 no mods

Only person that died was STH, and that was on the turn right before I killed Vader to finish it. STH had taunt pretty much the entire fight, and Ackbar kept restoring HP with 'It's a trap'.
  • I autoed it with Ackbar, STH, Biggs, leia, and lando. Poor toon choices is your prob. AA was g8, the rest G9. First attempt success. Make better choices and stop complaining. Hoth rebels are not going to do it for you, you need a cleanse for Vader.

So who decides what a "poor toon choice" is? You? How can you know upfront?

Thats exactly my point, I have many very well build chars but they are all worthless since they force you to use a very limited toons setup for this event. It comes down that you need 1 or 2 specific chars (Lando, AA), otherwise you are screwed. So all my G10/11 chars like GS, RG, Droids (I run a full droid setup), Obi Wan, Yoda, GS, Sun Fac, Teeboo, Ana etc. are all worthless in this event.

I am #1 arena, so my toon choices cannot be that poor. Are you also #1 arena?

So you set your priority what is arena but you cannot think that you will get everything. When yoda first time appeared a lot of players didnt have 5 7* jedi cause they focused on something other. Your cryes nake me think that you are someone who wants everything... just be patient and wait for next time
  • Tmjm
    70 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Congrats Tmjm - he is fun!

Thanks!

I've been using 6 star palpatine which has been fun.... hopeing now he wont get one shot killed by rey.... hes definetly fun.... time to start the empire build.... although vaders not possible i just realised!

(if they require 5 7 star empire chars!)
  • ABNRAS wrote: »
    You should farm Lobot. Said no one........ever

Hey, I say that sometimes!
  • ExitMusic
    37 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Finished today with
    Akbar, Leia, Scout, Biggs and Han

Scout (gear 7) and Bigs (gear 6) both level 70. Slapped mods on them and was able to finish. Took a few try's.

Han gear 10 and leia / Akbar 9
  • Most people I know beat him with Ackbar, St Han, Leia, Biggs, Hoth Scout and not all of that team was level 80 or high gear.
  • I got mine with some pretty under geared toons. Last one I did loose 3 and finished with 2 monsters alive. The geared ones.