The Rebellion Player's Discussion

Prev13
StormTro0p3R_H
1643 posts Member
edited August 2016
I've long used Rebels and there have been some pretty significant boosts to the Rebels in the history of SWGOH. No other faction has gotten the rework attention that Rebels has, and it's paid off huge. I'm going to start a thread for Rebels teams to share comps and strategies much like the Galactic Empire Players Discussion thread.

I'm going to start with some controversial stuff to get the convo going: ranking the Rebels.

1) Stormtrooper Han: he's awesome and, with Admiral Ackbar lead, the fastest tank that just happens to fill 30% turn meter when he taunts. This duo can fuel any number of team comps, ensuring the otherwise slower characters get to go first.

2) Lando: the mustache.

3) Admiral Ackbar: he'd be higher if he didn't need to be the leader, which is a huge deal with Wedge to choose from. But he's the perfect companion to the #1 and #2 on the list.

4) Wedge: if not for the crazy speed secondary world we live in, this guy would be first. As it is, he is too slow. I could be wrong, he might be #1 depending on your leaderboard.

5) Biggs: solely due to the fact of his bromance with Wedge. If you aren't using Wedge, there are still some merits to using him, but they are greatly diminished.

Those 5 would be my team of choice. As it is, I'm still using QGJ for dispels and now the Emperor for a speedy group stun. If Wedge becomes farmable in Sept, I've got stockpiles in every currency to 7* him.

I'm particularly interested in the abilities of the Rebels that Rogue One will inevitably bring us. My highest want is for the Rebel faction to have a dispel.
Post edited by StormTro0p3R_H on

Replies

• Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm curious as to the lineup you're running now Stormtrooper. I've been thinking of going to either Lando (L), STHan, EP, RG, Leia/HRS or Ackbar (L), STHan, EP, Leia/HRS, Lando. Either way, the super fast STHan + EP stun will make your first turn barrage pretty insanely hard to deal with.
  • That was the discussion I was hoping for!

For a long time, Leia was the only rebel that I used. But now, my current team is:

Ackbar (L)
    Leia
    Rey
    Phasma
    RG

I'm working on Lando, ST Han and Biggs at the same time.

I hope that Wedge will become farmable soon!
  • Zooey wrote: »
    I'm curious as to the lineup you're running now Stormtrooper. I've been thinking of going to either Lando (L), STHan, EP, RG, Leia/HRS or Ackbar (L), STHan, EP, Leia/HRS, Lando. Either way, the super fast STHan + EP stun will make your first turn barrage pretty insanely hard to deal with.

EP with speed mods and speed arrow?
  • Is hoth scout still good? Use to hear he was great on rebel teams. Also could we perhaps do something with hoth soldier? At the very least a design change but as a character he falls into the "other characters do his job better" pile so maybe change something to make him stand out
  • It is an interesting hero, but as you said: "other characters do his job better".

And he competes with QGJ, 5s and Old Daka on cantina shipments. I've never seen it be used in the arena.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    That was the discussion I was hoping for!

For a long time, Leia was the only rebel that I used. But now, my current team is:

Ackbar (L)
    Leia
    Rey
    Phasma
    RG

I tried this for a bit but the lack of dispel really kills the squad. I run Ackbar (L), Leia, Rey, Rg, QGJ now.

As for your question about speed mods, I'll be throwing a couple on STHan to bring him to 210-220 speed with leader bonuses. As long as I get Palpatine to ~150 speed, he'll get 100% TM with the STHan taunt and get to stun at STHan's 220 speed.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I've been running Rebels for a long time, long before they were cool. Ackbar's rework made them even more viable and he was the Lead of choice until Wedge came along, and I scooped him up immediately believing him to be my missing piece.

So for the longest my team looked like Ackbar, Leia, Wedge, STH, Rey.

A few weeks ago I maxxed out Sun Fac and experimented inserting him, though I was saddened to find that his Taunt did not proc Ackbar's assist. Still, running Dual Tank with him and STH allowed me to crack the Top 50. Ackbar, Wedge, STH, Sun, Rey.

Then came the Wedge rework. I held out from Biggs for a few days. I thought it would be a gimmick and not really worth my time since I already had a very solid Arena and Raid team...but when the first Wedge/Biggs Rebel team popped up in the Top 10 I paid attention. When the 2nd did I decided to go hard on Biggs, which I didn't actually need much more to get...I maxxed him in fairly short order and jumped way up to a consistent Top 15 spot on a November shard, even securing #1 for a day.

Wedge, Biggs, STH, Leia, Lando...although I'm convinced I can do better. This team falls too easily. I can bounce back without any trouble at all and securing Top 10-15 is of little difficulty...but I don't seem capable of defending. I don't know if I need more speed or if I really did better with the Dual Tank.

I've started experimenting with Ackbar as Lead again. Wedge and Biggs are clearly key...and Lando as Lead is picking up some popularity on my server, so maybe there's a combination Scoundrel/Rebel team I should be looking for. I'm slowly working on Dengar so maybe when he gets up he'll have a place in lieu of Leia, whose multi attack has been frustratingly inconsistent lately.

At any rate, I can tell you this. Wedge, Biggs, Leia, Lando and EP are basically unstoppable in GW. I haven't had trouble clearing at all since I changed to that squad. Doesn't matter who it is. I sometimes lose EP on Node 10 or 11, but I have a very full and deep roster that can easily replace him.

Sidenote: I've got a near max Rex I was really hoping to find a spot for in my Ackbar led squad but I can't make it work. Maybe someone can help me out with that lol.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.

Ackbar (L)
    Leia
    Rey
    Phasma
    RG

I tried this for a bit but the lack of dispel really kills the squad. I run Ackbar (L), Leia, Rey, Rg, QGJ now.

As for your question about speed mods, I'll be throwing a couple on STHan to bring him to 210-220 speed with leader bonuses. As long as I get Palpatine to ~150 speed, he'll get 100% TM with the STHan taunt and get to stun at STHan's 220 speed.

It's an interesting idea! I dont have 5 rebels to unlock EP, but I'd like to see it in action in a team like this!

• Sidenote: I've got a near max Rex I was really hoping to find a spot for in my Ackbar led squad but I can't make it work. Maybe someone can help me out with that lol.

They will not compete in the lead? On my server most of the players who have Rex use him as leader.

It is fun for sure and it holds its own against most teams on my leaderboard. The issue is the eventual hitting back that the opposing Wedge teams get. The other top players on my board all have Anakin, and the guy with Wedge has him and Lando with STH and Sun Fac. I can beat them, but not as handily as I like ;)

One thing I will note: I had to remove my beloved HRS from the line-up. He is insane with mods, but the stun utility is better from the Emperor, the turn meter gain is better from STH, and his ability to give himself an extra turn is trumped by Biggs' double assist. He just became sadly obsolete, because I have always championed him as a great character.

Ackbar (L)
    Leia
    Rey
    Phasma
    RG

My STH moves at 246 and my team has at least 196 speed so all go after his taunt. It's craaazzzy.
  • They will not compete in the lead? On my server most of the players who have Rex use him as leader.

I'll be honest. I haven't tried him in the lead spot. The primary motivation for me to look at him with Rebs was with Ackbar leading, and his Squad Discipline being able to proc another assist attack. The TM and Tenacity serving as a bonus.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • This is not a bad idea if you are on offense, but he does not use his Squad Discipline unless it is cleansing something. If he used it first on defense he would be amazing. Yoda, however, does do Battle Meditation first if I'm not mistaken, so you get quick Emperor protection, but not turn meter :(
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    This is not a bad idea if you are on offense, but he does not use his Squad Discipline unless it is cleansing something. If he used it first on defense he would be amazing. Yoda, however, does do Battle Meditation first if I'm not mistaken, so you get quick Emperor protection, but not turn meter :(

Yoda does not. I used to fight a Yoda every day, and he would always use his buff stealing skill first before attempting to give them to the rest of the squad.
  • So the Emperor just gets to have his way, unless your Emperor or Old Ben is faster than their's and you stun or ability block him. Good to know.

Why are you debating between Leia and HRS? Admittedly I've never used HRS but Leia is so powerful, especially when omega'd, that I don't see why you would have a second thought as to who to use.
  • Joeyd7878 wrote: »
    Zooey wrote: »

Why are you debating between Leia and HRS? Admittedly I've never used HRS but Leia is so powerful, especially when omega'd, that I don't see why you would have a second thought as to who to use.

Leia is great in the mid levels, but her top end compared to others' is lackluster. I used HRS over Leia, but replaced HRS.

• Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Joeyd7878 wrote: »

Many reasons. HRS, on average, gives the whole team about a 15% speed boost depending on his own speed and Ackbar rng. While Leia does hit hard and fast (especially with mods), the bulk of my damage is still going to come from Lando & Palpatine, who will benefit more from HRS. Gonna have to try them both once I finish HRS but it's a lot closer of a choice than you would think.

With that said, scoundrel Han would almost certainly be the best 5th for the Ackbar lineup. Too bad I'm nowhere close to starring him and the next raid is coming up.
  • I just switched to a (primarily) rebel team today and I'm having great success with it. AA lead, STH, Lando, RG, Phasma.

I have them modded up to go in a very specific order: STH goes first, taunts and fills everybody's turn meter. RG is next, gives defense buff, procs AA leader ability. Phasma goes next and uses Fullisade, inflicting speed down. AA is next with tactical genius, followed by back-to-back Double Down from Lando.

I am slightly worried about not having a dispeller. I've thought about replacing Phasma with QGJ or Teebo if this turns into a problem, or possibly putting in Rey, Leia, or GS to simply kill their tank quickly and have additional dps support (albeit the mustache can go totally bonkers in the damage department). However, for now I really like Phasma's victory march, as it procs AA leader ability and basically brings the whole team around for another round of attacks (I've typically attacked two full rounds while suffering 2-3 hits to STH in my arena battles). Phasma also has great survivability and a strong basic attack, so I'm going to stick with her for a bit.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    All these impure Rebel teams in the rebel thread. Come in guys, step it up!
  • Aero wrote: »

It's more fun with some baddies :)
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    I recently took my Hoth soldier (the one with the taunt not scout) up to pretty good gear and omega. What an unsung hero!
    With the right mods and a bit of speed he's a fantastic tank.
    With offense down on geo soldier and defense up on scout I was getting crit for 3000
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »

Unlike the brainwashed sheep in your beloved Empire, we choose to not be conformists pigeonholed into identical helmets and identity-consuming body armor. We welcome all those individuals who will aid us in our cause, no matter their background or past mistakes. For the only qualification for being a Rebel is that you oppose tyranny wherever you go.
  • Durrun wrote: »
    I recently took my Hoth soldier (the one with the taunt not scout) up to pretty good gear and omega. What an unsung hero!
    With the right mods and a bit of speed he's a fantastic tank.
    With offense down on geo soldier and defense up on scout I was getting crit for 3000

Yeah he is really great, and the only one who can taunt forever if no dispel, he also got plenty Health/Protection and counter chance.
    Just a pure hell to farm
  • This is team I am running with,

Ackbar L
    Leia
    Phasma
    QGJ
    RG

Leia stealths, AA uses tac genius, QGJ used his basic on Rey to remove foresight, Phasma utilises the tac genius effect and runs fusillade followed by victory march. If the speed down hits Rey then she is debuffed. I then focus on Rey or St Han. It works great but on Defense I think QGJ uses tac genius before Phasma which is about to be changed with speed mods

Ultimately I will put StHan and Lando into the mix to make it full Rebel but I believe that in a full Rebel team, Lando may be best as leader. I have HRS on gear9 and I'm tempted to eventually put the mk5 furnace on him and use him in the team

Palp could be great under AA lead but I've always wanted to go full Rebel

Another squad I'm aiming for (this is pretty sick) is,

Old Ben
    StHan
    Chewie
    Luke
    Leia

It's what I call 'a new hope '
  • Digging "A New Hope"
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »

Unlike the brainwashed sheep in your beloved Empire, we choose to not be conformists pigeonholed into identical helmets and identity-consuming body armor. We welcome all those individuals who will aid us in our cause, no matter their background or past mistakes. For the only qualification for being a Rebel is that you oppose tyranny wherever you go.

Nice try
  • I'm currently running Ackbar (L), Lando, Rey, QGJ, and RG though I'm gearing/starring up STH and have 7* Leia. I have Biggs nearly at 7* which means my Soon-To-Be-All-Rebels-Team would be:

Ackbar (L), Lando, Leia, Biggs, STH.

However, it seems like Hoth Rebel Scout is a better option than Biggs, no? Plus it's really hard to have a purely Rebels team without having a dispel (QGJ) and Rey's ability to one shot is more reliable than Leia.
  • KrayLune wrote: »
    I'm currently running Ackbar (L), Lando, Rey, QGJ, and RG though I'm gearing/starring up STH and have 7* Leia. I have Biggs nearly at 7* which means my Soon-To-Be-All-Rebels-Team would be:

Ackbar (L), Lando, Leia, Biggs, STH.

However, it seems like Hoth Rebel Scout is a better option than Biggs, no? Plus it's really hard to have a purely Rebels team without having a dispel (QGJ) and Rey's ability to one shot is more reliable than Leia.

Yes, a dispel is much needed for rebels. Also, I've not tried Biggs without Wedge since his recent rework. I loved using HRS, but mods don't seem to suit him well. He is easier to gear then Biggs, though.
  • I'm building a rebel team for mod challenges and the Palpatine event when it comes again. So far I've got Leia, Ackbar, StHan, Biggs and Lando.

Which one should I focus on first, Leia or AA?

What mods should I get for them? Got some health for everyone, and crit chance for Leia and Lando. No idea what to give to AA.