Emperor Palpatine Brings Balance and Opportunity

I have to say, I'm not even using my 7* EP yet (waiting on gear to get him to G9) but I find myself enjoying battles against him much more than I have any other character. Usually I feel frustration fighting certain characters and combinations, but because of the way his abilities work and the interactions, even losing to EP is enjoyable. I am seeing many more diverse combinations now in my Arena shard than ever before.

Great job to CG devs on the great character.

Replies

• With mods, Wedge fix, Anakin rework, JE, etc...now Big Palpi, this is the most diverse the arena has been in the game

A lot of great teams to run
  • Berimbolo wrote: »
    With mods, Wedge fix, Anakin rework, JE, etc...now Big Palpi, this is the most diverse the arena has been in the game

A lot of great teams to run

Agreed. Seen different leaders & teams on my server.

• He brings Balance to the Force.
  • He brings my Arena rank down about 500 from low 1300s to low 800s. :)
  • EricsonX wrote: »
    He brings my Arena rank down about 500 from low 1300s to low 800s. :)

Awesome lol.
  • Agreed. Love to use him, and face him as an opponent is fun also. Don't want to admit this but yeah, Pal saved the game:D
  • He must be the Chosen One the prophecy foresaw! :O
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • with all this praise about EP it gives me hope the even will come back very soon so the one's who weren't lucky enough to get him the first go around will get him the second. i know i'll be ready at least for tier 5 but i'm gonna try to be ready for tier 6 and 7.
  • holyjoe wrote: »
    with all this praise about EP it gives me hope the even will come back very soon so the one's who weren't lucky enough to get him the first go around will get him the second. i know i'll be ready at least for tier 5 but i'm gonna try to be ready for tier 6 and 7.
    Yeah I don't think it will be terribly long, maybe like 3 months?

My only hope is that they do not nerf him like they did to Yoda, because Yoda was not by any means overpowered, he was competitive but still less than the top tier characters which did not get nerfed (looking at you Rey)...

The cool thing about him is he is strong but there are plenty of counters to him.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Revenant wrote: »
    holyjoe wrote: »
    with all this praise about EP it gives me hope the even will come back very soon so the one's who weren't lucky enough to get him the first go around will get him the second. i know i'll be ready at least for tier 5 but i'm gonna try to be ready for tier 6 and 7.

My only hope is that they do not nerf him like they did to Yoda, because Yoda was not by any means overpowered, he was competitive but still less than the top tier characters which did not get nerfed (looking at you Rey)...

The cool thing about him is he is strong but there are plenty of counters to him.

3 months is a life time! With a bit of luck ea/cg will give the event a timer, just like the yoda event. personally i already have him at 7 stars, so i wouldnt mind 3 months :p but 1 month seems more reasonable.
    full agree on the not needing a nerf.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I faced an Arena team today that was Palpatine, Rey, Leia, Ackbar, and Sun Fac (which, once again, I thought was a Geonosian Soldier from when I picked the battle to when he used his taunt and broke my Han's taunt...). I thought for sure I'd lose, but figured I needed to see how strong Palpatine was. I won.

Now, granted, that team didn't make full use of Palpatine's abilities. But Rey, Leia, and Sun Fac are no slouches, and Ackbar as a non-leader is still pretty good against my team because I use stuns to lock down threats until I can deal with them. So this wasn't the best Palpatine team, but it definitely wasn't a push over.

I thought he'd be broken beyond belief, but he's beatable.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I faced an Arena team today that was Palpatine, Rey, Leia, Ackbar, and Sun Fac (which, once again, I thought was a Geonosian Soldier from when I picked the battle to when he used his taunt and broke my Han's taunt...). I thought for sure I'd lose, but figured I needed to see how strong Palpatine was. I won.

Now, granted, that team didn't make full use of Palpatine's abilities. But Rey, Leia, and Sun Fac are no slouches, and Ackbar as a non-leader is still pretty good against my team because I use stuns to lock down threats until I can deal with them. So this wasn't the best Palpatine team, but it definitely wasn't a push over.

I thought he'd be broken beyond belief, but he's beatable.
    Precisely my point. He is good, and if you misplay he will mess you up, but if you make good decisions or provide counters to him and actively work to counter his abilities then he is beatable.

He is exactly what all characters should be, probably the best example of a character done right.
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    He is very beatable but that's a bad team for Palpatine, lol
  • leef wrote: »
    Revenant wrote: »
    holyjoe wrote: »

3 months is a life time! With a bit of luck ea/cg will give the event a timer, just like the yoda event. personally i already have him at 7 stars, so i wouldnt mind 3 months :p but 1 month seems more reasonable.
    full agree on the not needing a nerf.

3 months is an eternity for your most favorite character of all time. 1 month is long enough but doable since i need time to finish my rebel team.

i was able to complete tier 4. so i still have work to do on my team to get them ready for tiers 5, 6 and 7. but i'd be fine just activating at tier 5 and leveling him up and waiting until another time for 6 and 7 but i am going to try to be ready for all 3 tiers next time.

• Speed secondary mods brings variety and nothing else.
  • Berimbolo wrote: »
    He is very beatable but that's a bad team for Palpatine, lol

Yeah. I think they expected other players to see Palpatine in the lead and pick another target :P

What it lacks in synergy it makes up for with just plain annoying characters to deal with.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Palpatine
    Vader
    Anakin
    Rey
    RG

Mod a ton of speed on Palpatine. Nothing quite as annoying as having most of your team stunned on the first round.