A useful management tool for guilds?

SmokeyJoe320
931 posts Member
edited August 2016
This may have been suggested before but I'll throw this suggestion out there...

Somewhere in the guild, there should be a place for the leader to post a message. And I don't mean that box in the management screen that no one ever goes to and holds like 50 characters. I mean like a button on the main page that the guild can click on and easily get an important message.

My guild has greatly improved over the last 2-3 weeks. We went from doing T6s to crushing T7 in just a few hours. Now we are starting to run into the problem of making sure everyone gets a turn and keeping the raid fair for everyone.

I'd like to put up some general rules, like leave the raid open for 24 hours so everyone has a chance to get an attack in. If you already attacked, don't finish off the raid with 10 people still to go! lol.

I'd also like to alternate start times so it would be cool to list that.

The chat function is useless because the messages get lost. And I don't want to require people to be tied to a chat app (hell, I don't want to be tied to a chat app) to coordinate.

We have a 1/2 US and 1/2 Euro guild so time zones and language is a bit of an issue. One simple place to post a message that everyone can check would be very handy and a seemingly easy solution.

Anyone agree?

Replies

• licky
    112 posts Member
    +1 :-)
  • Agree. There needs to be a good, in-game way to post sticky messages to your guild.
    As a side note, how did you improve so quickly? A change in personnel? Gear from the raids bumping up toons? Training? I want to take my guild to the next level, but I've got about 20-30 who need a lot of help.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Second party apps will always be better. Would rather have new content and characters and balancing.
  • LordRath wrote: »
    Second party apps will always be better. Would rather have new content and characters and balancing.

Do you really think it would take a ton of programming to create a text sticky note?
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Agree. There needs to be a good, in-game way to post sticky messages to your guild.
    As a side note, how did you improve so quickly? A change in personnel? Gear from the raids bumping up toons? Training? I want to take my guild to the next level, but I've got about 20-30 who need a lot of help.

We picked up a couple of new people which definitely helped. We have a guild with about 1/2 T7 ready 1/2 not so we were finishing T6s in one refresh but were falling short of T7s by like 10%.

One of the new guys came from a T7 guild and suggested some strategy for us... Have one guy (or 2) clear the pigs. All you need is someone with a high potency Teebo to do it. Then have everyone only take one attack each in P2 and P3 so they get the door both times and maximize their damage, and save all your remaining squads for P4 which is where things can go off the rails. Free for all in P4. We did that and we finished our first one. First one was close but we finished.

Since then we've done 3 more and we've been killing it. Finished this one today in 3 hours and 10 people didn't get a chance to go. So I just want to be able to tell people, look at the leader board and chill out if people still haven't gone yet. Give them 24 hours to get a run in (since we have to wait for more coins anyway), and if then after that, go for it.

With this strategy, pretty much whoever does the pigs is going to be at the top of the board so we are trying to rotate that to keep it fair. And just make sure everyone gets a chance. That's all I want to communicate but it is hard with people on at all different times.

I don't want people to start leaving because they missed the raid. We need the coins! And they need the raid gear which is much better even at the bottom of a T7. We literally have a couple of guys with only 2 7* toons, which is cool for them. They can't do much but get the T7 gear instead of T3 or T4. So as long as they get a run in, and we get coins, all is good for everyone.

The last 2 raids I only took one attack (the pigs) and the next one 2 attacks (rancor p2, p3) and we still finished super fast. It is kind of amazing how quickly we improved once everyone caught onto the strategy. And I guess everyone has geared up a bit after knocking out a few T7s.

• The screen that shows the leaderboard should swap (in rotation with the other screens) to a message of the day that leaders and officers can edit. Shouldn't take too much to do and would be pretty helpful :)
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • ^^ Not a bad idea at all.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    LordRath wrote: »

Do you really think it would take a ton of programming to create a text sticky note?

Yes I do
  • Download discord
  • ShewardN
    515 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Zarak628 wrote: »
    Download discord
    This is what me and my guild use, but the OP stated he and his guild don't want to use third party applications for communication.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Download discord
    ShewardN wrote: »
    Download discord
    This is what me and my guild use, but the OP stated he and his guild don't want to use third party applications for communication.

Yeah we have a bunch of people that only speak Dutch in our guild - took us a few raids to figure out why they weren't following the plan lol. Then one of our bilingual member realized what was going on and started translating stuff for us. Ha. So I would probably post a multi language post and just leave it up.

So that would be a bit of an issue for a chat app. Plus I don't want another chat app myself either. There should be a way in game to communicate with the people in the game... or a better way at least.

Maybe even a way to directly PM someone? That would work too but that would require more coding than just adding a text box someplace.