Chewbacca needs auto taunt like RG

Let's face it. Aside from his chance at turn meter removal (not even a high chance), Chewbacca is worthless.

He should have an auto taunt so he's viable in the arena. No one uses him in the arena because he's the worst tank.

Why make one of the most iconic characters so bad? Not only does RG have auto taunt but he has a great stun. He'd still be better than Chewbacca if Chewbacca had an auto taunt so give him at least that. Then maybe we'd see some full scoundrel teams in the arena.

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Reason he is not used is he is sooooo slow, an auto taunt would certainly mitigate that but arguably RG is over powered because of the auto taunt, I certainly dont think he would be used anywhere near as much without it

I almost have Chewie to 7* (about 15 shards short) reason being was going to stick an omega on his basic for raids and would love to see him buffed a bit but not sure an auto taunt is way forward
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    He is the first character you get, there is no way they will make him any stronger. Besides within a raid you can deal 6 mill dmg if you pair him up with Teebo e.g.
    You don't see Teebo in Arena so why should Chewbacca?
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • His taunt needs to last longer and his self heal should be able to heal through healing immunity. Beef up his tm reduction chance a little bit. Would be a start imho
  • There are some fairly worthless tanks in the game (*cough* Jedi Knight Guardian *cough*) but I don't consider any tank with a taunt to be one. Chewie's kit seems lackluster because he has an amazing self heal, which in my opinion makes him one of the few viable taunters for GW. Chewie taunts, soaks damage, heals to almost full health, rinse and repeat each node.

In arena, he needs to be protected by another tank. If you plan things right with a fast tank/chewie you can probably manage to keep a constant taunt going. Do this under an Ackbar/Leia set up and there isn't a taunt that gets wasted.
  • There are some fairly worthless tanks in the game (*cough* Jedi Knight Guardian *cough*) but I don't consider any tank with a taunt to be one. Chewie's kit seems lackluster because he has an amazing self heal, which in my opinion makes him one of the few viable taunters for GW. Chewie taunts, soaks damage, heals to almost full health, rinse and repeat each node.

In arena, he needs to be protected by another tank. If you plan things right with a fast tank/chewie you can probably manage to keep a constant taunt going. Do this under an Ackbar/Leia set up and there isn't a taunt that gets wasted.

This.