#37 Small Life Changes : The Avatar / Title System And Overall Feeling Of Accomplishment

Mofojokers1992
1975 posts Member
edited August 2016
The Feeling Of Accomplishment

Introduction To The Profile Tab
People familiar with games like SWTOR will know how well things like this work. It gives you pride in completing a certain goal and the ability to show it off.

This game could use that same type of system very well. I will do my best to show what i mean here.

Between the settings button and the level bar. This is with the level bar moved over to accommodate the profile tab. It will have the icon of the current avatar chosen.

k988ds.png

What's Inside The Profile Tab

Top Left
This area contains your avatar picture.

(Avatar)
- This is the hero you have selected from your roster , it is also the hero that you share with your friends. You will now be able to pick and choose what hero to share or show off. ;)

24cv483.png

(Background)
- You are able to change the background of your avatar picture. You will start with a selection of colours unlocked. Others can be unlocked with credits , crystals or through a certain accomplishment like completing 10 raids.

2e0ppxk.jpg

Bottom Left
This area contains your title and a scroll down to select titles you have unlocked.

(Title)
This will allow players to show off things they have accomplished. Players of any MMO will know this system and how well it works.

6rj5o4.jpg

To give you an idea on how this will work. As i said I will do my best to show you the idea i see.

35hn0i8.png

So my friend here @Tho the champ he cleared the Emperor event and wanted to show it off.

Left to right :
Level (avatar) title/name
Power level

80 (Dooku) Emperor Tho

To Help Get Things Started On Titles
• Collect 100 million credits [ Title : The Hutt ] Display (insert name) The Hutt
• Level 20 [ Title : Padawan ] Display Padawan (insert name)
• Level 50 [ Title : Jedi Knight ] Display Jedi Knight (insert name)
• Level 60 [ Title : Master jedi ] Display Master Jedi (insert name)
• Level 70 [ Title : Grand Master ] Display Grand Master (insert name)
• Collect 5 scoundrels [ Title : The Scoundrel ] Display (insert name) The Scoundrel
• Defeat all tiers of the emperor event [ Title : Emperor ] Display Emperor (insert name)
• Complete the Rancor raid 50 times [ Title : The Raider ] Display (insert name) The Raider

Right Side
This side shows your total collection in the form of percentage wheels. Total of 7 wheels ( one for each tier). This will provide you with how many of each you have in the middle. While the wheel shows the overall progress of shards to the next tier of the combined heroes of that tier.

2gtpvo0.jpg

Conclusion
I hope i have displayed this idea correctly as i would really like to see this added to the game in the future.

Please leave possible titles you would like to see added to the game along with any feedback you have.

Your Pal
Mofojokers :)

PS.
See the first comment below from someone who is just as passionate about the game as myself @Wholf . This extends the idea out to custom borders and other features that enhance this idea.

#37 Small Life Changes : The Avatar / Title System And Overall Feeling Of Accomplishment 23 votes

I would LIKE this change
95%
Aneil915TaniwhajoelightyearMofojokers1992DarthPhelpsMaskariiAcky649Mist_PassiertDarythGravytrain0815gobears21leeflyttKingJohnDoeCeziumWholfObs0leteClintAceBrtStlndFek_0153 22 votes
I would NOT like this change
0%
Other
4%
Moe_Betta 1 vote
Post edited by Mofojokers1992 on

Replies

• I would LIKE this change
    @Wholf your a mastermind of great ideas bud, seeing as its first comment I'll leave it like this.

Anyone considering this idea will definitely go down that track as its good profits and use of resources.
  • Absolutely we need this. As always a great idea. Everyone likes a certain degree of customization. It allows everyone to show pride in their investment in the game.

Instead of only the Jedi progression. Make it a choice, Jedi, Sith, Imperial Etc.
    Capt_Conch wrote: »
    Absolutely we need this. As always a great idea. Everyone likes a certain degree of customization. It allows everyone to show pride in their investment in the game.

Instead of only the Jedi progression. Make it a choice, Jedi, Sith, Imperial Etc.

Those are just example of titles, they could go on and do.

Hit level 30 - Stormtrooper (insert name)
    Or
    Collect 5 empire toons - Moff (insert name)

:blush:
    Wholf wrote: »
    Capt_Conch wrote: »
    Absolutely we need this. As always a great idea. Everyone likes a certain degree of customization. It allows everyone to show pride in their investment in the game.

@Wholf your a mastermind of great ideas bud, seeing as its first comment I'll leave it like this.

Anyone considering this idea will definitely go down that track as its good profits and use of resources.

Aye, we make a good team! It'd certainly rake in a few bob if it's done well enough and gives enough diversity.
    Wouldn't even have to be expensive to do so either. A quid for a colour pallet. A quid for a flashy border or background, a quid for a selection of fonts. Then leaving the titles and a selection of borders: backgrounds that you have to unlock through various means.
    Win 100 arena matches - get a lightsaber border and a title like 'commander.'
    Win 300 arena matches, get a pulsating lighsaber border and title like 'war hero.'

Not only that, it's something that can continually develop alongside the game as new stuff is introduced. So there is always more to unlock or; for the sake of the games longevity, more to buy.

See @Wholf this is why i enjoy your posts, you see outside of the box like myself. Your even looking at how it can go towards the games longevity.
    Another top idea mofojoker! You must be starting to run out of new ideas..
  • This also could go with some of the earlier ideas as far as guild management. Not so much for high rank guilds full of end game players, but younger guilds where it could be used along with #35 and #36 to monitor progress towards higher level raids. Thanks Mofojoker. Keep the ideas coming.
    I like it. Zero affect on actual combat strength and gives a bit of recognition.

Great idea!
    Sounds like a great idea; not familiar with it in other games but it sounds good!
    It's a great idea that encourages players to progress in different aspects of the game (number of mod challenges, different quantities of damage in raids, number of consecutive days finishing top 100/50/20/10/5 in arena payout)