You honnor is at stake

Prev1
Imagine, you, american consumer, discover that on your friend american who play the same game paying less than you! There are several americans getting 50-75 % of crystals more paying the same price u pay ! It is the worst company to which you purchase, tell you not to blame, cause you "chose " or " chosen " for you a wrong way? Only because you chose to play in the Aplle plataform. In Brazil, a Google Play player, pay less than a Aplle player. Think about it. If the company extend this pratice in to America. Help us. We paying more. 50 - 75% more. Thats a abusive pratice. Please. Help us.

Replies

• xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    We all have different costs of living stop comparing
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    When a coca cola bottle costs more in store X than it does in store Y do you also write a post on the coca cola forum?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • It's not just this game - all games on iOS (not sure about Android) have awful exchange rates in certain countries. Australia and New Zealand also get rough deals with much more expensive games.

Some of the difference is due to different taxes but some of it is just crazy and incomprehensible. Blame the appstore though, not EA.
  • The same country. Diferent base of game. One in Apple (iTune), another in Google (Android). The question is not about diference in countries. The diference its in the same country. Imagine this in America? Its fear? Realy? Less tha 50%? And the tecnical does not act and say. Its a Apple problem. No. Its a support game problem. Imagine one friend your. Living in you side. Paying less 75%.
  • I´m not comparing Brasilian whit American. I´m saying just the tratament of the game in the same area. unfear. Think abou your neabor paying less. That´s the problem whit the site is pratice in Brazil and can make in America on Google. Sorry about my english.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    That's not how international economics works (nor will it). That would actually be entirely unfair.

What exchange rate would you even fix it at?

What about transfer tax to return profits back to the American parent (and its investors)?

What about local regulations creating different operating margins?
  • Help us Obi-Wan, you're our only hope.
  • Lance_Uppercut
    63 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    grammar
    Imagine, you, american consumer, discover that on your friend american who play the same game paying less than you! There are several americans getting 50-75 % of crystals more paying the same price u pay ! It is the worst company to which you purchase, tell you not to blame, cause you "chose " or " chosen " for you a wrong way? Only because you chose to play in the Aplle plataform. In Brazil, a Google Play player, pay less than a Aplle player. Think about it. If the company extend this pratice in to America. Help us. We paying more. 50 - 75% more. Thats a abusive pratice. Please. Help us.

Removed by moderator.

Post edited by BanthaPanda on
  • grammar

You should be more upset with the American education system, if your spelling and grammar are any indication.

Reading comprehension, try it. He obviously lives in Brazil with Portuguese being his native language.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    I'm not going to help you on what is probably the most superfluous purchase decision you can make in life. Darn, your pixels cost more?

You're acting like mrs. Bairds charges $100 for a loaf of bread
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    I read the thread title and was very confused. I didn't relize EA had any honor to worry about.
  • Blame Apple! Seriously. This has nothing to do with EA. I have built apps and worked with vendors that have built apps for me and getting them into the Apple store is ridiculous. They have draconian policies and take a veeeerryy large percentage of the cut.

I would guess internationally there are even more hurdles and fees to clear with taxes and exchange rates and all. 100% an Apple issue.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    This was a shame! We love this game!
    This is realy hapens in my country!
    I have spend more that 2 k dollars in this game, and i wish same cristals that Google players have for same money that i pay!
    I dont want money back, but i want that EA give to me same cristals that Google , android pays!
    Id this happen to u guys, what u gonna do?

No one made you spend that money on this digital game. It was your conscious choice to do so.

I think it's funny that people will drop thousands on a digital game and what they bought is intangible. Might as well grab a lighter and burn it.

• Yogi
    907 posts Member
    grammar

You should be more upset with the American education system, if your spelling and grammar are any indication.

Those who live in glass houses...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    The issue is not between consumers and CG/EA - it is between Apple and Google. Posting here doesn't help the situation....contact Apple.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Off topic for one second: I think they have excellent English for it not being their primary language.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    http://www.economist.com/content/big-mac-index
    Cost of living is different everywhere, EA priced the crystals almost the same everywhere, someplaces it costs more...
  • Human centiPad
  • Imagine, you, american consumer, discover that on your friend american who play the same game paying less than you! There are several americans getting 50-75 % of crystals more paying the same price u pay ! It is the worst company to which you purchase, tell you not to blame, cause you "chose " or " chosen " for you a wrong way? Only because you chose to play in the Aplle plataform. In Brazil, a Google Play player, pay less than a Aplle player. Think about it. If the company extend this pratice in to America. Help us. We paying more. 50 - 75% more. Thats a abusive pratice. Please. Help us.

+10000
  • leef wrote: »
    When a coca cola bottle costs more in store X than it does in store Y do you also write a post on the coca cola forum?

No, i go buy in store Y.

But i can't change my account to Android or buy in Google Store to my IOS account!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    sL_Spinoza wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

No, i go buy in store Y.

But i can't change my account to Android or buy in Google Store to my IOS account!

the point was that this isnt an ea/cg issue, but a iOS/android issue. Store X being iOS, store Y android and coca cola ea/cg :p
  • You honnor is at stake

All Japanese execs working at EA that also browse this forum just committed ritual suicide. Well done OP!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    sL_Spinoza wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

No, i go buy in store Y.

No - but you can go buy an Android phone and start a new account. Or you could have researched the difference between the two before spending money on pixels. Or you could have chosen to not spend money at all.

Or you could simply live with your decision to own an over-priced piece of tech simply because it has a picture of a bitten-into piece of fruit on it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    i think this is why they wont let ios users migrate to droid.
  • cost of living is different everywhere. it's just a game. if I were going to complain about how much money I spent and what I got for it I wouldn't have spent the money in the first place.

wanna know how much I dropped to get palpatine and I still don't have him and won't get him this event.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    holyjoe wrote: »
    cost of living is different everywhere. it's just a game. if I were going to complain about how much money I spent and what I got for it I wouldn't have spent the money in the first place.

wanna know how much I dropped to get palpatine and I still don't have him and won't get him this event.

how much?
  • Haihs
    151 posts Member
    That's true the difference of prices between android/ios is about 30% more on ios
  • It is understandable that anyone would be upset that the same virtual items are significantly different in price depending on where you live. It's not like you're paying transport costs or anything!