How to Beat GW Everyday

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I've used druids since I started...I now run Hk,88,86,je,nebit

The best thing is nebit gives protection up to toons which carry over into the next node. If I encounter a tank team I'll swap nebit for b2.

However I'm only level 79 so have yet to experience the horrors of speed modded Rex lead teams
    :smile:

• evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Droids have been a great GW investment for me. They speed through the nodes like no other. I'll use JE on the first node just to get them going, then sub in another healer (typically start with JC). I like JE for the start, but it sucks when I'm looking to take a toon out with Nebit's dual assist, and he calls JE in for the delayed damage.
  • Options
    I beat it by not playing it! Take that EA!
    Father is correct. Just skip GW altogether or hit yourself with a hammer in the head, go to sleep and start fresh.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    I don't think this thread applies anymore.

How to beat GW everyday - get a job as a CEO in some huge **** company and earn enough to be the biggest whale this game has ever seen.

It might help if you were lucky enough to unlock EP - but for those who didn't, we're **** outta luck.

I don't have Palpatine, and I still finish it everyday.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    32.4k in Arena

Droids 1 - 9 L-HK, 88, 86, Poggle, Old Daka replaced by Lumi if needed.
    Ateam 10 - 12 L - Barriss, Rey, Leia, RG, 5's
    Suicide Squad if 11 or 12 is annoying. L - Capt. P. Old Ben, Darth Vader, Darth Sillyarse, Savage Opress.

139/150 in GW. 11 more to go!
    Post edited by Rumpelstilzchen on
  • Options
    One more toon who is great Darth Maul for those teams who are jedi based. Yes he's squishy and slow but with a CP lead he has a chance to kill a jedi ND gain 100% TM. If you're dedicated enough to max him out he can sweep jedi with ease.
  • 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I solo GW with my low power arena team, droids with Chief and JE, super high speed and deadly; if there is a high power node proven problematic, I will switch to my previous arena team to clear it. Easy peasy!
    9wWVONd.png
  • Options
    People have problems finishing GW?
  • GeltonTorr
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Greetings,

I am almost always able to finish GW on a daily basis with a Phasma(7*) (L), QGJ(6*), Lumi(5*), Sid (4*)and Rex (4*) team from 1 to 12. (Occasionally I need my lv73 scoundrel team for help with node 11 or 12)

Gear level is 7/8 on all, abilities Rank 7, level 72 and mods usually 1 point some 2 points.

Then again I am artifically sitting since August on arena rank 2162 since I read somewhere that GW difficultly is linked to arena rank.

Now with the ships out and all fleet Commanders in arena shop I would like to gain rank again for more arena tokens per day. But I am worried that this will kill my GW completion streak...

Therefore my question at this point is the arena / GW correlation still in effect?

Thanks for info
  • Options
    GeltonTorr wrote: »
    Greetings,

I am almost always able to finish GW on a daily basis with a Phasma(7*) (L), QGJ(6*), Lumi(5*), Sid (4*)and Rex (4*) team from 1 to 12. (Occasionally I need my lv73 scoundrel team for help with node 11 or 12)

Gear level is 7/8 on all, abilities Rank 7, level 72 and mods usually 1 point some 2 points.

Then again I am artifically sitting since August on arena rank 2162 since I read somewhere that GW difficultly is linked to arena rank.

Now with the ships out and all fleet Commanders in arena shop I would like to gain rank again for more arena tokens per day. But I am worried that this will kill my GW completion streak...

Therefore my question at this point is the arena / GW correlation still in effect?

Thanks for info

I believe so. You can test it out. Set whatever arena team you want, then see how GW goes. You can always change it back.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

I believe so. You can test it out. Set whatever arena team you want, then see how GW goes. You can always change it back.

Interesting advice - so the strength of the GW opponents is not determined by one's arena rank but by the strength of the set arena team?
  • Options
    People have problems finishing GW?
    Yah man....it's a problem when enemy team doesn't follow any rules (Rey back to back flurries) or ignores TM etc.
    It's a problem but looks like we have to deal with it just like other problems in life.
  • Options
    GeltonTorr wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »

Interesting advice - so the strength of the GW opponents is not determined by one's arena rank but by the strength of the set arena team?

Yes
  • Options
    From experimenting, Gw difficulty scaling bases off the highest power team you have won an arena fight with, rank is immaterial.
  • Options
    From experimenting, Gw difficulty scaling bases off the highest power team you have won an arena fight with, rank is immaterial.

Top 5 toons. That's it, that's all. PvP has nothing to do with it.
  • Options

Top 5 toons. That's it, that's all. PvP has nothing to do with it.

Are you sure about this? Because last August when CG did the change to GW mechanism I was close to arena rank 1000 and from one day to the other GW was over for me at node 9 usually...

Then I put in a level 1 arena team let myself drop about a 1000 ranks but made sure I stayed within the same reward bracket and GW became significantly easier and ever since then I clear it 99% of the time (last week I met a full Jedi team with JKA lead once that turned out to be a brick wall on node 12, but apart from that no troubles usually).
  • Options
    I found my balance with an arrangement that gives me great results and a very limited effort in time.

I deploy immediately the first line of my arena team Lando-Wedge (L)-Biggs.
    With Wedge healing capacity the health of the three guys is at max 90% of the time. Wiggs specials shall be used carefully, Lando's special every time there are three or more opponent.
    I complete with two healers to guarantee emergency rescue in case something goes wrong (unlikely) or Ackbar vs. dark teams for dispells. I don't want to field down other attackers because otherwise it would become impossible to control cooldown recovery. I go like this rotating the healers if and when necessary and nothing else.

Only at level 11 I throw in my best healer (Luminara) and my best player (Boba) for the final show.

Simple but super-effective !

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Albe_AuG wrote: »
    I found my balance with an arrangement that gives me great results and a very limited effort in time.

I deploy immediately the first line of my arena team Lando-Wedge (L)-Biggs.
    With Wedge healing capacity the health of the three guys is at max 90% of the time. Wiggs specials shall be used carefully, Lando's special every time there are three or more opponent.
    I complete with two healers to guarantee emergency rescue in case something goes wrong (unlikely) or Ackbar vs. dark teams for dispells. I don't want to field down other attackers because otherwise it would become impossible to control cooldown recovery. I go like this rotating the healers if and when necessary and nothing else.

Only at level 11 I throw in my best healer (Luminara) and my best player (Boba) for the final show.

Simple but super-effective !

Yes, I do the same, but already take Boba with the initial team and rotate only one position. Boba doesn't really need his protection. I only safe my best tank, STH, for the 12.
  • Options
    The key to winning GW consistently is turn meter gain for your team or reduction for the enemy team, and then lots of extra speed from mods.

I think the three most popular teams are droids under HK-47 lead, empire under Palpatine lead(Vader with his TM reduction might work too), and rebels under Wedge lead. The last has probably the least turn meter gain, but Wedge and Biggs are fast, and they let you use Lando with his AOE that effectively doesn't have a cool down. Plus Wedge has an extremely good passive heal, although that shouldn't come into play until near the end. Once you have one of those teams stop farming toons that you can't properly mod anyways from the cantina and spend some serious time farming 4 and five dot arrows with speed primaries and other shapes that have double digit speed secondaries.

Personally I use my arena team of Wiggs, Lando, St Han, and then Qui-Gon in the fifth slot for his amazing utility. On the second node I swap in Palpatine to preload TM, because nothing solves a really obnoxious node like AOE stun before the enemy even has a chance to move, but if it is an easy GW I sometimes don't even have to use him. With this setup I haven't even come close to failing a GW in months.