Evaded 10 times in a row

Unless Bariss and lumi have 100% evade how did Bariss dodge 4 hits in a row followed by lumi's 6 dodges in a row that's 10 dodges in row one after the other that was 2 whole rounds my team hit nothing in arena battle is this a bug or should I start spending money right now to max out these 2 imortal Jedi's my team is sith aswell I feel cheated

Replies

• Options
    Proof or didn't happen, AI has the same procs as the players do
  • Options
    @Rogerfan this ain't the playground mate and I don't create an account to then lie for no reason that aint exactly cool is it more weird and kinder man with no life idea. i just wanted to know if it happened to anyone else so I could justify it but it must of been another AI problem and ur preaching like u work for EA
  • Options
    Shanobiwon wrote: »
    @Rogerfan this ain't the playground mate and I don't create an account to then lie for no reason that aint exactly cool is it more weird and kinder man with no life idea. i just wanted to know if it happened to anyone else so I could justify it but it must of been another AI problem and ur preaching like u work for EA

Yeah but people exaggerate. Nobody is calling you a lier but you can't expect all to believe everything posted here. I also have experienced 2 rounds of dodges during ending stages of a match where I simply needed to land one hit. It happens. But then next match you land everything and thus balance. I once was on a roulett wheel and saw red hit 14Xs in a row.
  • Options
    Unless Bariss and lumi have 100% evade how did Bariss dodge 4 hits in a row followed by lumi's 6 dodges in a row that's 10 dodges in row one after the other that was 2 whole rounds my team hit nothing in arena battle is this a bug or should I start spending money right now to max out these 2 imortal Jedi's my team is sith aswell I feel cheated

You need a video to prove your point. Download a video screen capture software. Words count for nothing here.
  • Options
    Sorry mate but I read a milion similar threads, people are always complaining if they get bad luck and never see when they are lucky themselves. I sometimes have terrible drop rates or AI proc but sometimes Im so lucky I begin to question if thats even legal to be that lucky.
    People tend to exaggerate a lot in here, saying Oh Im 3 weeks without a dooku shard - sorry I won't believe that, so it all made me overly skeptical about what is posted here
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Sometimes funny stuff happens. It's just the way it is with numbers. You must tend to forget about the 99/100 attacks that go like they usually do. I played since first day of post-beta and saw some funny stuff too. Boba self reviving five times in a row, Sid dodging 80% of all attacks. But then, those are the instances that stick to mind. All the times Boba didn't even revive once? Can't remember any of those times.
  • Options
    Random is random
  • Options
    Was ahsoka the leader?
  • Options
    Just reload. Why do you care? That's what CG is encouraging us to do with the latest change.

Oh, wait. This happened in the Arena? Sorry, you just happened to make a series of wrong decisions as RNG had already been determined. Unfortunately, there is no reload button to bail you out. But don't get discouraged. This is all part of CG's effort to keep the game challenging...
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

The rng simply didnt favor you this time is all. It happens to us all. Every battle cant go your way.
    Happened similr to me yesterday. Take your loss like you take your wins and all is well :)
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Shanobiwon,

Aside from the sarcasm in my previous post (which is obviously not directed at you), such bad series of RNG do happen and will happen again if you fight against the same team with the same line-up and perform the same sequence of actions (the change in ranking may/may not affect RNG. Not sure).

I fought against a same team for three consecutive Arena matches and everytime I tried to stun Lumi with Dooku's lightning with my very first move, it yielded the exact same outcome: They were deflected. All. Three. Times.

CG has been denying RNG was pre-determined, but has recently admitted it is the case - albeit only for GW. But, I don't see why it would work any differently in Arena, at least based on my own experience.
  • Options
    although unlikely, its very possible. they need a cap for evades and second attacks.
    for example I had Darth Tyranis nail me 5-6 times in a row! so painfull!
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    @obiwan1011 you just describes how ALL RNG's work. This is how video games of all brands create seemingly "random" results. Fact is, "random" just doesn't happen with computers. You can simulate randomness by sticking numbers together in pre-programmed patterns that follow how "true" randomness would look. But it's way too heavy on the CPU to recalculate this all the time.

Instead, AI uses a very, VERY long series of randomized but predetermined numbers and just starts the battle at one point in the series, depending on a long and obscure list of factors - characters in your roster being the easiest one to manipulate.

So instead of saying that the numbers we get are random, it would be more appropriate to say that they were generated blindly.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    @obiwan1011 you just describes how ALL RNG's work. This is how video games of all brands create seemingly "random" results. Fact is, "random" just doesn't happen with computers. You can simulate randomness by sticking numbers together in pre-programmed patterns that follow how "true" randomness would look. But it's way too heavy on the CPU to recalculate this all the time.

Instead, AI uses a very, VERY long series of randomized but predetermined numbers and just starts the battle at one point in the series, depending on a long and obscure list of factors - characters in your roster being the easiest one to manipulate.

So instead of saying that the numbers we get are random, it would be more appropriate to say that they were generated blindly.

Indeed, but why not tell this to CG? They had denied this until very recently, yet still claim this is only applied to GW and not Arena.
  • Options
    Lumi was the leader and I've been playing since this happened and I've noticed an overall increase in dodges maybe they changed something in the update but I know one thing that will never happen again..... Or will it. Lol
  • Gabe
    36 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Lumi was the leader and I've been playing since this happened and I've noticed an overall increase in dodges maybe they changed something in the update but I know one thing that will never happen again..... Or will it. Lol

I've noticed it more with Ahsoka as leader but Lumi has high evade too. Chalk it up to bad luck.