Character Creation: Hera Syndulla

Finity
309 posts Member
edited August 2016
Hey, everyone. First off, I want to thank everyone in the community from the previous feedback. We previously made Ezra Bridger and Sabine Wren from Rebels into potential SWGOH characters. We got some great feedback, and Ezra (realsithofgenius.blogspot.com/2016/08/ezra-bridger-v20_16.html) and Sabine (realsithofgenius.blogspot.com/2016/08/sabine-wren-creation-version-20.html) were updated. One of the things we wanted to do also improve the style of the image also...

So in our latest creation, Hera Syndulla, we have taken much of the feedback and applied it. Hera is the first Leader ability character we have created and we are trying to create a strong faction squad as opposed to a mish-mash of factions. So here is our Hera Syndulla creation:
Hera.jpg
https://youtube.com/watch?v=vi-3ndWTXog

Please let us know what you think.
Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers

Replies

• Awesome. Nice job!
    I'd really like to see them add her and some more rebels come season 3 :)
  • BMasu
    17 posts Member
    I really enjoy your character creations. Must have taken a great deal of thought and time to come up with those skills. The graphics are awesome. Hopefully CG will use some of these ideas to put into the game at some point. Keep 'em coming.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    I like the Ghost synergy, but overall it seems a bit low impact? The special is good specifically for a Ghost squad, but on a long cooldown. Defense Up, as a "base" skill, is pretty negligible in its current state. The assist/heal mechanic on the unique is very interesting but it also seems very lacking. A character at 50% hp is basically 1 shot away from dead, and a 2.5k heal (given her low base damage) is similar to the passive heal from Barriss... unlikely to do much. Even 4 assist attack in a row is only 1 hit of a dps character in recovery, if even that. On the lead ability, 25 speed with no other effect is sub par, and defense is just outright bad. The RNG taunt is interesting but RNG effects like that are almost unplayable. Forcing your DPS to taunt can be game losing,

I know you are trying to keep the stats out of OP ranges, but comparing them to existing characters I'd tweak them upwards and lean on her "support" role. If a character is going to be low basic damage and no special damage, it needs REALLY STRONG utility to see any play. I'm looking at Rex and HK-47 as a baseline, and they both have damaging specials. Just my own take, I really do like the base concept you guys started with.

Tracer Shot - ~3.5k dmg
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 40% chance to call a random Ghost ally for an assist.

Man Your Stations (Special) Cooldown 4 - All allies gain 45% turn meter. For each Ghost on your squad aside from Hera, gain additional effects for 2 turns. Offense Up, Tenacity Up, Critical Chance Up, Critical Damage Up.

Replacing "We Have Hope"

Ace Reflexes (Unique) - Hera has +10% Critical Chance, 65% Counter Chance and +65% Counter Damage. In addition, she recovers 18% of her maximum protection whenever she critically hits and Ghost allies receive half that amount.

Replacing "Full Speed Ahead"

Ghost Captain - Rebel allies gain 21 speed and 15% critical chance. In addition. Ghost allies gain 35% turn meter on critical hits.
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    medetec wrote: »
    I like the Ghost synergy, but overall it seems a bit low impact? The special is good specifically for a Ghost squad, but on a long cooldown. Defense Up, as a "base" skill, is pretty negligible in its current state. The assist/heal mechanic on the unique is very interesting but it also seems very lacking. A character at 50% hp is basically 1 shot away from dead, and a 2.5k heal (given her low base damage) is similar to the passive heal from Barriss... unlikely to do much. Even 4 assist attack in a row is only 1 hit of a dps character in recovery, if even that. On the lead ability, 25 speed with no other effect is sub par, and defense is just outright bad. The RNG taunt is interesting but RNG effects like that are almost unplayable. Forcing your DPS to taunt can be game losing,

I know you are trying to keep the stats out of OP ranges, but comparing them to existing characters I'd tweak them upwards and lean on her "support" role. If a character is going to be low basic damage and no special damage, it needs REALLY STRONG utility to see any play. I'm looking at Rex and HK-47 as a baseline, and they both have damaging specials. Just my own take, I really do like the base concept you guys started with.

Tracer Shot - ~3.5k dmg
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 40% chance to call a random Ghost ally for an assist.

Man Your Stations (Special) Cooldown 4 - All allies gain 45% turn meter. For each Ghost on your squad aside from Hera, gain additional effects for 2 turns. Offense Up, Tenacity Up, Critical Chance Up, Critical Damage Up.

Replacing "We Have Hope"

Ace Reflexes (Unique) - Hera has +10% Critical Chance, 65% Counter Chance and +65% Counter Damage. In addition, she recovers 18% of her maximum protection whenever she critically hits and Ghost allies receive half that amount.

Replacing "Full Speed Ahead"

Ghost Captain - Rebel allies gain 21 speed and 15% critical chance. In addition. Ghost allies gain 35% turn meter on critical hits.

Thanks for that! You gave us a lot to think about as we tweek this character!
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers