Top 3 Reasons to Extend "Emperor's Demise" Event

As one of the many who farmed the wrong set of chars trying to prepare for an event to unlock Emperor Palpatine I would like to see an extension by at least 3 days, below are 3 reasons why.

#1. Many were under the impression Rebels would not be needed due to many previous events, and therefore farmed/prepared the wrong team.

#2. Many, myself included, are now scrambling to farm Rebels so that we do not miss this "extremely rare event" and in doing so are dumping any and all resources available in order to at least unlock him.

#3. There is no downside to extending the event, it would only mean more farming, more time spent in-game, which all results in more cash made for the company. Not to mention the appreciation from a lot of players asking for an extension so we are able to participate.

Even at the current rate I am spending I will still miss the event by a few days, which would be devastating since i switched gears on all projects to strictly focus on Rebels, I know many players have done the same. Yes some will make it in time, but many will not.

So please consider extending this event EA/CG, there is no downside and it would only mean more revenue for your companies, which makes everyone happy. I know it would encourage me to spend even more. Thanks for taking the time to read this/pass it along as some of us have been waiting & praparing (although on the wrong chars) for along time. I am a bad guy kind of guy and my Sith are stacked ...to miss the chance at at least unlocking a 5* Emperor Palpatine ...well it would be a very heavy blow to my gaming career and a huge loss to my Sith morale.

@EA_Jesse
@EA_Raymond
@EA_CSIL
@EA_Deedlit
@EA_Eric

@CG_Dan
@CG_JohnSalera
@CG_AaronNemoyten
@CG_NotReallyAJedi

I am addressing as many as I can in the hopes this post will get noticed/read. To some of us Emperor Palpatine is the pinnacle of our gaming career

Replies

• +1
    I for one would definitely spend some extra dough for crystals if I knew I had more of a chance get my team ready to get him at 7*. I'm pretty sure another week would make the majority of the players pretty happy and bring even more revenue in. Win, win.
  • +1. EA will only benefit from extended the timeframe.. Now that people have witnessed the power of palps, an extension will encourage more people to spend crystals if they have a chance of unlocking ep or getting him to 7*.

For the record I just unlocked palps at 7* 20 min ago after sinking a moderare amount of crystals everyday on cantina refreshes, as I knew I had a chance of getting there.
  • I unlocked him day one, but I had been farming rebels after the might of the Empire event passed. I feel your pain, though! I support an extension!
  • I unlocked him day one, but I had been farming rebels after the might of the Empire event passed. I feel your pain, though! I support an extension!

I did the same, and I agree I support the extension
  • Nitou
    38 posts Member
    +1
  • if it the event were 2 days longer I would be able to unlock Emperor on 5th lvl... I can't buy the pack for 40$ :( but I would need to buy some crystals ... I would really want the event to be extended
  • Same boat
  • They should really extend it. I finally go in Tier 5 with 5* Biggs-Lando-Luke (g5-g5-g7), 6* Ackbar-Leia (g7) and I am ridiculously defeated all the time. It's a **** joke. I farmed up all these guys in 10 days from stratch because I don't care about Rebels and now here it is... final few hours I thought I get him then it turned out it's impossible for me for defeat him. EA sucks making things good. They give cantina refreshment and funnily you can see the drop rate became horrible.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    I unlocked and 7 starred EP and i'm super happy. I went both ways and farmed rebels and Empire. I obviously am happy but i understand where this person is coming from and it makes sense. If i were to be close to missing out on an extremely rare character i would be hoping this would happen. If they do decide to extend the event that is great and i'm glad they helped all you guys out!

BUT if another opportunity like this arises and i am the one who cannot unlock that new character, i hope they would do it again and not this just one time.

I hope they extend this event but also be prepared to extend other events in the future.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    ...well it would be a very heavy blow to my gaming career and a huge loss to my Sith morale.

I am addressing as many as I can in the hopes this post will get noticed/read. To some of us Emperor Palpatine is the pinnacle of our gaming career

lol my sides are aching... your gaming career HAHAHAHA!!!!
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Rebels have been needed for a lot of events. A fair # of them, ST Han, Leia, Lando, Biggs, Wedge are meta. 4 of those 5 r farmable. AA is a great cleanser and 1 of VERY FEW. He should b on everyone's roster. If u weren't prepared for the event, it's regrettable, but no reason to beg for an extension. AND...just in case u weren't ready, the Emperor's Demise Pack...the only good bundle in months, was made available to u. A little effort, or a little cash could have given u what u wanted, but a little begging will not.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »
    Rebels have been needed for a lot of events. A fair # of them, ST Han, Leia, Lando, Biggs, Wedge are meta. 4 of those 5 r farmable. AA is a great cleanser and 1 of VERY FEW. He should b on everyone's roster. If u weren't prepared for the event, it's regrettable, but no reason to beg for an extension. AND...just in case u weren't ready, the Emperor's Demise Pack...the only good bundle in months, was made available to u. A little effort, or a little cash could have given u what u wanted, but a little begging will not.

exactly
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I agree. The event will come around again, albeit rarely. I missed out on him too - just needed to beat that next battle for the final amount of shards. I thought it would be sith characters to unlock him, just as it was jedi for Yoda.

But, like the Yoda event, I did not unlock him first time either and his event came around again, just as this one will.

Patience young padawan.
  • Screw EP ...I didn't want him anyway ...lol