Is the 5* Arrow Speed Mod Worth 2016 Crystals?

Prev1
Hey Guys. Seeking your advice here. Today the holy grail of mods--the 5* primary speed arrow mod--popped up in my mod shipments for 2016 crystals and I'm torn whether or not to get it. I've farmed almost 200 mods since they first came out and have never yet won any arrow mod with speed as the primary stat. Normally I wouldn't even consider spending crystals on a mod, but this one, given its rarity, is very tempting ... and would help me greatly, of course, in the arena. What would you advise?

Replies

• If it part of a set that's you need I would buy it, if you have the crystals.
  • Kevon
    134 posts Member
    do it.
  • Sadly (almost) only way to get speed arrows is by buying them. So if you want to win, but it!
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Got a few 5* 30 speed arrows from playing the mod challenge lottery. I did buy one early on as well, for 2.5mil. But what you need more is mods with secondary speed attributes, particularly gold/purple ones that can go up to 15 or so (some say they can go up to 20 but prolly no longer farmable). So to answer OPs question, no, it's not worth it, particularly if you are F2P. You can use crystals more effectively elsewhere.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    I've only gotten one to drop in challenges ever. I bought the rest.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »
    I've only gotten one to drop in challenges ever. I bought the rest.

This. I even by the 3 star ones for 500k credits. Speed mods are worth their weight in gold (or crystals).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Yes - but look at the secondaries.. You can get good ones that give 80-100 offence, 5% critical chance or tenacity etc. Or some plain boring ones with just speed, so if you are going to invest, invest in the right one..

Xio
  • It was for me. If you look at the amount of crystals you spend refreshing trying to get good mods, you come out cheaper just buying them.
  • The real holy grail is the non-arrow mods with 25 speed secondary.
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    The real holy grail is the non-arrow mods with 25 speed secondary.

those were only with 6/7* mods from raids early on (even after downgrade to 5*). There's no way to obtain them now. Probably not until 6/7* mods come back with t8 raid.
  • Zetto wrote: »

those were only with 6/7* mods from raids early on (even after downgrade to 5*). There's no way to obtain them now. Probably not until 6/7* mods come back with t8 raid.

You should probably tell that to all the people in the 'nerf speed' threads claiming that everyone's getting +20 speed mods.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Zetto wrote: »

You should probably tell that to all the people in the 'nerf speed' threads claiming that everyone's getting +20 speed mods.

Well, not everyone is "getting" them - but a number of the upper level whales on my shard "have" them. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • MoBlaq
    581 posts Member
    I only buy mods that are really freakin hard to get. I bought recently a cross potency mod with potency as the primary stat and a potency triangle mod that was blue and had speed on the 2ndary. It really depends on the mod your looking for. If it was a arrow mod that was yellow and had speed as primary and speed on the 2ndary i would buy it
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I just got 2 mods in the shop today. A purple cross Offense 5* with 4 Speed as a secondary. Maxed out speed to 7. DISAPPOINTING.

Then there were two Identical blue triangle health mods with 4.5% crit damage and 4 speed. Speed maxed out to 13 and Crit Damage to 36%. I tried to buy the other one, but kept getting a message that I had to restart the game. Error code 9.0.

Maybe a job for @CG_Kozispoon ?
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    I just got 2 mods in the shop today. A purple cross Offense 5* with 4 Speed as a secondary. Maxed out speed to 7. DISAPPOINTING.

Then there were two Identical blue triangle health mods with 4.5% crit damage and 4 speed. Speed maxed out to 13 and Crit Damage to 36%. I tried to buy the other one, but kept getting a message that I had to restart the game. Error code 9.0.

Maybe a job for @CG_Kozispoon ?

I got the same thing a week ago. My triangles were green but the exact same stats. I could get one but not the other.
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • Don't do it with 2016 crystals you could buy enough refreshes to get three arrow speed mods
  • DjangoQuik wrote: »

You can spend 3600 crystals for a gold 5 dot mod with a speed secondary. And then watch as the speed never changes when you upgrade the mod to level 15. That is a lot to spend on a bad mod.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member

You can spend 3600 crystals for a gold 5 dot mod with a speed secondary. And then watch as the speed never changes when you upgrade the mod to level 15. That is a lot to spend on a bad mod.

JUST happened to me. +4 speed secondary, maxed to +7.

NEVER doing that again.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »

JUST happened to me. +4 speed secondary, maxed to +7.

NEVER doing that again.

Well... u gotta do it 200 MORE times if u want a decent chance at getting 15 speed, lol. That's a lot of gold tickets to scratch.
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Droid_93 wrote: »
    Don't do it with 2016 crystals you could buy enough refreshes to get three arrow speed mods

I've never seen a speed arrow from mod challenges, and I've been getting mods since day 1. Far more than 2016 crystals worth.

• ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    I'm lucky enough I've got two out of Health Mod Challenges. But I've been spending a minimum of 100 crystals on cantina refresh since day one of mods, so seems pretty rare right now. Hard to say... only you can say if it's worth it or not. Speed helps, but one mod might not be the punch you think it is, just saying, hate for you to be mad after spending 2k.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • I have 2 of them and I never bought any mods from the shipments. Just a few weeks of 1 or 2 crystal refreshes and modtery slotmachine pulling and you will have that too, and probably also some nice secondary speed mods too.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Thanks, all, for taking the time to answer. I bit the bullet and bought the mod. All in all I'm glad that I did. After max upgrading the mod to +30 speed I gave it to Rey, who now has 211 speed. I can definitely see that it's making a difference and has gotten me more comfortably into my arena's top 20.
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Can anyone confirm if the secondary stat listed first also has the highest chance to increase? It seems that way from my experience, but that may just be since I've upgraded more mods that had just 1 or 2 default secondaries.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    refreshed enough to get one health receiver. anakin now has 44 more speed!
  • I bought a gold mod that had speed +4 as a secondary, it never moved, I cried.

A week later I found one in the lottery with +4 as a secondary, ended at +18.

Speed in this game is still king, I would suggest going for it.
  • Nichols wrote: »
    I bought a gold mod that had speed +4 as a secondary, it never moved, I cried.

A week later I found one in the lottery with +4 as a secondary, ended at +18.

Speed in this game is still king, I would suggest going for it.

Nice on that second mod! Thanks for the encouragement. I got it. :-)
  • Xhere
    80 posts Member
    Dont buy it! I can help u get +30 speed mod. There a pattern i notice in getting certain types of mods and i can help u get it with only 100 energy.
  • Xhere wrote: »
    Dont buy it! I can help u get +30 speed mod. There a pattern i notice in getting certain types of mods and i can help u get it with only 100 energy.

Snake oil salesman.
  • No. In my opinion it's not worth it upgrade any mods anymore unless they start out as blue, purple, or gold and you can see the secondary stats before you upgrade. Will need patience but def save you credits