6* Palpatine - What am I doing wrong?

Here is my team:

Level 80, 7* Ackbar, Gear 7 (Leader)
Level 80, 7* Leia, Gear 8
Level 80, 6* Lando, Gear 8
Level 80, 6* HST, Gear 7
Level 80, 6* Biggs, Gear 6

All characters have a full set of tier 5 health mods.

I know their gear isn't great but I've seen many people posting they have beaten 6* Palpatine with less than this and my team keeps getting destroyed.

I've tried taking down the RGs first and then I'm usually stuck with a full health Palpatine that just decimates my team. When I go after Palpatine first, it seems like I'm not even making a dent in him and my whole team dies before I can even kill one enemy.

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Aside from your ackowledged weak gear (which IS a problem) - try Lando lead. He speeds everyone up and buffs crit damage by almost 30% (big plus for him and with Leia giving everyone increased crit chances.

Also, try to hook Lando up with a Crit Damage mod (not a set - there are individual mods that can drastically increase crit damage) - and Lando really should have crit chance up sets, not necessarily health mods.

Health mods are great - but certain characters (Lando, Leia, Ackbar) benefit from other types even more (crit damage, crit chance, speed, etc.)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Get AA to gear 8... I would also leave him leader, I would expect teir 6 to be doable with that team.. bad RNG perhaps

I know it sounds crazy but hit auto :wink:
  • Also use speed mods to make sure Lando goes right after Ackbar. Ackbar does his special and Lando drops the devastating Double AOE.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    I beat t6 Palpatin with much worse geared toons and 1* mods my leia is only lvl 72 and biggs 1
    I used AA lead lvl 80 g 8
    ST han lvl 80 g9
    HRSCOUT lvl 80 gear 9
    Leia level 72 gear 7
    Biggs lvl 1 gear 1

7* Palpatin i had to do severe upgrades to get
  • Your problem is strictly gear.

I had trouble with 6* event too.
    80 Lando G10 modded
    78 Ackbar G9 no mods
    80 Leia G9 no mods
    70 Biggs G7 no mods
    70 Luke G6 no mods

It wasn't until I pushed leia to 80 that I got it done. But I will tell you that tactical genius and Lando MUST be used, and if lando is shocked it's a waste. Also use Ackbar to unshock everyone, it allows them to get buffs again, and it eliminated that dreaded 2 turn stun.
  • I used Leia as leader but her leader is level 5.

7* Lando G8 75
    Biggs 7* G8 75
    Luke 7* G8 74
    Leia 6* G8 level 75
    STHan 6* G8 level 75

They're all modded but can't remember all for every toon. But I know offense for heavy hitters and crit for lando and protection, d and health for STHan. With Luke having insane crit he's dealing defense down, damage over time, stunning & gaining 30% turn meter.