Mod Inventory Cap

Why is there a limit on the number of mods one can hold in inventory? Seems like a bad idea when so many terrible mods are found and they are super expensive to level up?

A guy in or guild received the message when he was around 692 mods.

Exact Message:

"Cannot place the Mod(s) into your inventory. Excess Mods must be assigned or sold in order to make room."

This cap should be removed. Am I wrong? I can't see any benefit to it.

Replies

• Good to know the cap is 692 though!

Why 692 and not 700 boggles the mind... :wink:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Good to know the cap is 692 though!

I thought the cap was 100?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Good to know the cap is 692 though!

Haha. Its probably around 600. I would guess he had around 92 mods equipped, which does not affect the cap.
  • the cap, if any, should be 4368 since there are currently 91 characters that need a set of 6 and 8 mod sets. 692 is barely enough to put a full set on each toon
  • the cap, if any, should be 4368 since there are currently 91 characters that need a set of 6 and 8 mod sets. 692 is barely enough to put a full set on each toon

Equipped mods do not go against the cap. So you can carry approximately 600 mods in addition to whatever mods are assigned to your toons.

Still a major PITA.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Brownie wrote: »
    the cap, if any, should be 4368 since there are currently 91 characters that need a set of 6 and 8 mod sets. 692 is barely enough to put a full set on each toon

Equipped mods do not go against the cap. So you can carry approximately 600 mods in addition to whatever mods are assigned to your toons.

Still a major PITA.

having more than 600 mods to scroll trought seems more of an PITA to me. :p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Good thing they reduced the number of insignificant mods we would get and increased the chance of getting mods we want.

Oh wait, it was the exact opposite that they did. My bad
  • Just sell them! Why would you ever need more than 692 mods?
  • When they first came out they said the cap was 500. Come on, you need more than that and you are a hoarder.
  • Snake2 wrote: »
    Good thing they reduced the number of insignificant mods we would get and increased the chance of getting mods we want.

Oh wait, it was the exact opposite that they did. My bad

Lmao