Input would be awesome

DIdn't know where to post this so if mods need to move it, that's cool....

I'm a semi noob, started in May. Most of the people in my guild are lower level than me so they can't really advise me on this. I need help putting together the best arena team with what I've got. I spent close to a grand on this game so far, but made the mistake of acquiring more toons than I can manage instead of working on one at a time. I get to top 100 in arena, but due to my job, really can't play from 5AM to 6PM Mon-Thursday. So I get bounced to 200-300 range by the time I get home to collect my rewards.

The arena team I'm using now is:

7*Phasma (lead)
7*Rey
7* Lumi
6*Geo Soldier
6*Fives

Other characters I'm thinking about putting in the mix are:

6* Aayla (working on getting her to 7* currently)
6* IG86 (also getting close to 7*)
6* Ventress (not sure about this one, shes slow and squishy)
7* Sidious (I used him in arena for a while for heal block but he's also squishy)
6* Leia
6* Cody (ugh, spent a bunch of cash getting him to 6* and he wasn't as good as I hoped he'd be)

Plus I have a bunch of 5* toons others that I haven't leveled up enough for arena. LMK if you have suggestions other than what I listed. I most likely have them, just need to grind gear and shards to get them up to snuff. Any feedback would be awesome!!!!

Replies

• I would switch ayala and lumi. You don't need a healer in arena. Plus having most of your team calling assist would is awesome. Ayala works great with phasma. Specially when you omega her basic.
  • I am lvl 79 so not quite ready for omega but I agree, phasma getting Aayla a guaranteed stun would be helpful. Thanks for the response. Do you think I should switch her out now, or wait until she's 7*?
  • And I know Fives is great for the raid, but should I keep him on my arena team? His counter, speed down and assist are great, but damage output is lacking bad.
  • You need tanks. Big time. Farm STHan and RG ASAP. Farm Ani too as soon as you can. You need a dispeller. Farm QGJ. This will give you choices in the future. You could go for Ani (L), Aayla, fives and then two more of you choice (probably tanks). If not, it may be worth farming old Ben at some point for a dodge team of old Ben (L), RG, STHan, rey, Qgj. This is still a strong combination. Lando is also very powerful right now, and in the right team can be devastating with Ani. At the moment, there isn't really a meta. There are many teams that work and would do well. Just follow the general rule of thumb that healers are useless, dispellers are necessary, speed damage works, dodge works, dual taunts is very strong and Ani is very, very good.
  • I just got palpatine, so my Lando is in pretty good shape but only 5*. I am working on RG, have him at 5*. Took me forever to work on him because I just hated his damage output when I first started. His stun is worth it's weight in gold though. He's the toon I think I'm going to work on getting up to arena strength next, it's just slow going farming him.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    For now I'd replace lumi and fives with leia and aayla. Rey and rg should be farm priorities though
  • Working on RG and MY Rey is all maxed out...
  • The best u can do is: make a droid squad or copy the nr1# in arena and also his name lol.. After u get close to him, nobody would attack u, cuz they know,the nr1 is awesome haha
  • hahahah uhhhh thanks.

Really just asking for who I should use for now. I'm going to work on getting all of the toons i have (almost all of them) up to snuff before I start worrying about new ones. I just tried Aayla instead of Lumi and it worked well. I purposely fought a team that I've struggled with before and kicked their ****. Funny thing is, I unlocked Aayla months ago but she isn't really that great until she hits 5*. I thought she was horrible and never touched her again. When they put her in cantina, I started upgrading her and now she's one of my favorites.

My team right now:

7* Phasma (lead)
    7* Rey (badass)
    6*Aayla
    6* Geo
    6* Fives

having Geo and Fives assist ability plus Phasma calling assists all over the place is a pretty good team IMO. Let me know if you guys think I need to make anymore changes. I am completely open to suggestion.

Thanks!
  • ^^also meant to add, having both Aayla and 5's counter is a big time benefit.
  • As far as QGJ goes, I understand why people like him. He's useful against tanks. But dude dies so easily and has no self healing. I don't like him honestly. I have him and Ashoka both at 5* (had to get Yoda) but I'm going to work on getting Ashoka to 7* before QGJ for sure.

Honestly he's real low on my Cantina currency upgrade list. I'll get 5's maxed out, Ashoka, Hoth Rebel Scout and probably Storm Trooper (for empire potency mods) before I worry about QGJ again. LMK if I am making a bad call here.

Just looking at all of the arena squads, I know people love them some QGJ, but every time I face him, I one shot him with Rey, or Geo Soldier's special...
  • Lol. You can't one shot anyone. It's obviously not a maxed QGJ and doesn't have mods.
  • Ahhhhhhh you know what I mean. One shot and he's red barred
  • Redjackryan
    84 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    if you add 5 dots health mods it helps out with qgj a lot. I agree with dooku for days rg would help rey survive longer and more stuns which are fun. If you wanted to you a tank I'd replace gs for rg. Anakin would also be awesome In replacement of gs