Ahsoka Mods

Teague
939 posts Member
Which is better for Ahsoka, speed or critical avoidance?

I just can't decide...

Replies

• evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    IMO, speed is king for everyone at this point.

That being said, IMO, crit chance may be the best set for Ahsoka. If she receives a crit hit, she loses a lot. But she gains it back when she crits. So you want her to crit as often as possible. I've not seen any numbers on how crit avoidance actually works, but my guess is you'd get better overall results focusing on getting her to crit frequently than to try and avoid a crit.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    IMO, speed is king for everyone at this point.

That being said, IMO, crit chance may be the best set for Ahsoka. If she receives a crit hit, she loses a lot. But she gains it back when she crits. So you want her to crit as often as possible. I've not seen any numbers on how crit avoidance actually works, but my guess is you'd get better overall results focusing on getting her to crit frequently than to try and avoid a crit.

Only a kill resets her stats, not a crit. But receiving a crit lowers her stats. So avoiding them seems important. I just can't decide if it's more important than speed. Speed would allow her to come out the gate much stronger, but the crit avoidance would allow her to keep high stats longer. Very rough call.
  • Options
    Doubt crit avoidance is worth it, maybe as a secondary stat on a different mod. Even if you do crit damage it would help possibly crit and finish off a enemy to regain her bonuses.

Of course health mods are good to boost her max health and get the most out of her heal
  • Options
    Crit avoidance is worth it, in my opinion. I use that on her, and she's in my arena team. I always land top 20, sometimes top 10. She really only takes a crit if the other team has advantage, or sometimes from a big hitter like droids or maybe Rey.

Another way to look at it is, she gets +45 speed from her unique. If you give her a speed mod, it's +30, so what would you rather do? Keep the +45 for possibly the whole match, or lose the +45 pretty quickly and have +30? I think the +45 the whole time is a smarter choice.
  • Options
    I Went Crit Chance with Health mods that boost
    Speed and crit dmg a lot. Mainly due
    To lack of having other mods. Would love to throw 4 5* Crit Dmg mods on her but jawas are quite there yet. Either way I'm quite happy with her turn out gives her more health to be a little Tankier and increase heal. Also she hit like a truck when she crits. I run her in Anakin L and she can crit on basic for 10k that's with no offense up give her offense up and it's around 12k for me on basic. Her special will crit for 17k plus on crit.

I love Ashoka and rly wish she was good enough to run in my arena team but she just dosnt make the cut. Dropped Way to much on defense when I put her in. Her Dmg out put is there it deff has to be top 5 along with Rey,Gs,Sarge and 88. she is amazing in raid and GW , but needs a little tweak in stats or skills to be a viable arena toon.
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm a big fan of critical damage avoidance mods. I run them on my tanks and they seem to last longer than with health/protection mods, especially with all the critical damage up mods floating around. I threw one on IGD and Eeth Koth as well, since I'm planning to use them in the next tank/droid raid. Hoping to get some more good quality ones for Jawa and Datcha, and once I level ahsoka, sure plan to use one for her as well
  • Options
    I've gotten mine's speed up to 129 and crit damage up to 211%. With her passive, she starts the match out at 174 speed which is usually good enough for a couple turns before she takes her second crit and reduces her speed back to her base. In my case, this is only about 9 points off her with no mods and her passive still active. Ultimately, I think it's way better to give her speed since more speed=more attacks=more self heal=more survivability, which is what I consider to be her core utility.

Now that I've got her primaries figured out, the next goal I have is to find the 5* mods with the crazy secondaries in crit chance and offense. I don't think it's out of the loop to get her to hit so hard that she can heal herself from the red health to nearly full health in one hit.

However, if you can find the holy grail 5* arrow mod with crit avoidance primary and 20 speed for the secondary then by all means go for it. That's another thing I'll be looking for