When is your guild ready for Tier 7 Rancor?

My guild is contemplating it. On day 1 of T6, we typically get halfway through Phase 4. We could probably finish it in 1 day with another Teebo squad. We're pretty top heavy. We have one guy doing 8 to 9 million, and about 4 players who can do anywhere from 2-5 million depending upon which phases they attack in. If you can't break 1 million per day, you're out of the top 10, but barely. Around the 15th rank, you start to see people in the 500k damage range. We have a dozen in the 200-300k range, a few under 200k.

Is it possible to do T7 with that kind of damage spread? Will the high end Teebo teams be able to carry us through or will higher tenacity wreck us?

I would hate to invest the guild coins only to find out we're not close. I wish we could do a test run.

Replies

• Our guild is doing it for the first time right now. Rancor hits harder and more often, but doesn't have as much health. 1 guy solo'd P1, we're just into P3 now, only 10 contributors so far and mostly our middle of the range guildies
  • Remember you can only use 7* toons so you need to see how many your guild has.
    I think someone worked out that the guild needs 400 7* toons before you can consider it.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Is there a big difference in the frequency of TM reduction resists from T6 to T7? Some of our teams run relatively low potency Teebo's and QGJ's.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Build up 150 guild currency and two days before max ask a mercenary to come over.

You start t7 before you hit max (before their cooldown ends) to see how far you get. You do your best and they get rewards of some sort. Then you bang through the rest of built up currency in 2-3 days.

Most mercs are happy do to this for 3-4 t7 raids in 5 days without taking top ranks unless needed. I would take 4 rank 50 in 6 days. I could also put you in contact with several others that would do the same depending on timing.

The new "cooldown" is being managed very well this way which allows mercenaries to still help for a few days to make their help worth their while. The change makes no sense other than to punish those that don't want to or can't figure out how to work the system.

Also- a couple t7 experiences tend to help with some assistance. Players get more patient trying to figure out how to solo phase 1 and all of a sudden you don't need help.
  • B00MSTICK
    107 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    You can probably do it, but coordinate the first attempt. If you have more than 1 of your top hitters go at the same time, you're wasting damage potential.

Edit* - my guild's Teebo users have said that his TM does hit less often on T7. They went for Potency Mods to get him back to working.
  • Tifer
    130 posts Member
    Azadum wrote: »
    Is there a big difference in the frequency of TM reduction resists from T6 to T7? Some of our teams run relatively low potency Teebo's and QGJ's.

Yes. My Teebo was sub 50% potency and wasn't hitting often. At 60%, he was doing as well as a tier 6.
  • Snively
    18 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    We have 370ish 7star toons. Using just two people who have great teebo teams to kill gamoreans. Everyone does one topple in phase2. Then everyone does one topple in phase3. Finally, zerg phase 4. Works amazingly well.
  • You'll probably have trouble getting everyone to register in tier 7. My guild could barely finish phase three on one refresh at tier 6, and now we need special rules to make sure that more than 20 people get rewards..
  • You're ready. 2 weeks ago my guild was stressing on being able to finish a T7 after doing T6's with one refresh... I solo'd P1 in our first T7 with a decent Teebo/EE/QGJ/5's/86 team. Now we have 12 members doing P1 simultaneously just to burn damage and have a 1 attempt/24 hours rule just to make sure everyone gets in on rewards.

If our members weren't so selfless we'd have trouble getting everyone in on rewards. Tonight we easily finished P2 in about 1 1/2 hours. We've been sitting at about 50% left in P4 for almost 2 hours as we wait for the last 10 members to get in on the raid.

We have 2 mini-whales and 6-7 strong FtP along with a bunch of members with only one solid squad.

Advice: First couple of raids, only allow your best Teebo squads to take on Phase 1. After your see how easy the piggies are and how little HP the Rancor has, ask your heavy hitters to wait until after 24 hours to make an attempt.

Then, figure out how to manage the guild so that everyone gets in on rewards...
  • Also, tell everyone not to even bother trying to escape toons. You're better off just doing damage. Rancor smash will destroy anyone that has already lost protection.