Shard: Rookwood, Kayn Shev, Allygate1, PeterT, HothWampa, Humchucker, Ovat Mylason etal...

Prev134
Rookwood
69 posts Member
edited October 2016
Looking for PvP friends on my Shard. Let's get a thread going so we can chat.

Allygate1, Humchucker, Forex, Ovat Mylason, UnHolyBeardedOne, Stinky Pinky, ChetSmiff, IBGM, Kosyar1k, Garrent, BajyHoRed, Tazz the Plaguebringer, Kayn Shev, HothWampa, Liu Kang, Gral Raam Kotta, HothWampa, Ilivan, IBGM, OpusX, Artem, Yoshi, Sherar, Usul, Ralas, Mega

*edit to update list
Post edited by Rookwood on

Replies

• Rookwood
    69 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    1357b8fd99.jpg
  • Hi, how you guys doing?
  • Hiya Hoth! Figured it would be nice to have a forum thread where we can talk about Shard stuff. Some friends have noticed their Shards getting merged with others.

I think ours was created around April/May 2016 since I joined about that time.
  • Looks like Gral Raam Kotta was able to get Palpatine and max him.
  • I started the game at the beginning of May.
    I can't get palp, don't have enough rebels.
    I'm from Vancouver Canada, where are you from?
  • US Florida, been storming here most of the summer. I was able to get 5* Palpatine only because I had been working StHan and Lando for my Scoundrel event
  • Hey guys, nice to see some others on the forum from our shard. Did our shards merge recently? I don't remember fighting you guys even a couple weeks ago, but maybe I am just remembering incorrectly. From Ontario Canada myself so nice to see a fellow Canadian HothWampa
  • Heya Hum, glad we found ya! If you come across others from our Shard send them here to.

I don't think we have seen a merger yet since our server is still pretty active. If I understand the system (might be wrong) each shard (server) is by month to keep player power balanced.

Both Hoth and I started in May '16
  • I can't beat Gral. Anyone know how to kill him?
  • I got him today using my clone team and was surprised. Mainly you need to burn Palpatine down fast.

https://postimg.org/image/idirvq9uj/
  • Thanks Rook, because of you I finished #1 today for the first time. PeterT's Anakin is a beast, difficult to beat like Palp.
  • Rookwood
    69 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Very cool, congrats!

And agree, Peter's Anakin group just steamrolls. I'm working on farming Anakin slowly and wanna try him leading a full clone group.
  • Glad I came across this thread, was wondering when our shard started. Btw, can't stand going against your clones Rookwood, lol.
  • Heya OpusX, glad you found us!

The Clones are really fun as a "live" team, but due to the game A.I., don't do as well overnight as other defensive teams. I really like their utility and play style in Raids and GW so decided to keep them as my core group for awhile.

Gral has a really good team, came close to a draw today (think i won with 15 secs left) simply because of the time it takes to kill Fives, Sun and RG after getting rid of Palpatine and Rey. It's basically a 3 tank setup, Fives just can't taunt.

The Palpatine teams get even nastier though. I've heard guildmates talk about the stun teams with mixes of Palpatine, Daka, Dooku, RG, Rey etc..

Also been hearing about some really nasty Lando groups with Wedge's leadership ability giving him tons of AOE casts.

• Rookwood
    69 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Sunday's are always fun on our Shard with the Arena guild activity. We get to swap places all day LOL.

I try not to attack outside my collect hour to keep from interfering with other players ladder jumps. If I do (have to attack early) I try to attack just past the hour mark so players climbing the ladder wont be sniped.

Is everyone ready for the Endor event coming up? Droids and Empire..

Also grats OpusX been seeing you in top 10 more often!
  • It took a few tries but with my setup, the trick to killing a Wedge rebel team (Kayn Shev's current team) is to kill Han first.

Leia will burn you down, but it usually comes down to a 2 on 1. Fives and Rey vs Leia. If the AI didn't waste time trying to stealth her it would be different.

Hope this helps you guys getting higher up at cash in time.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I can't believe I just found this only now. I'm Kayn Shev. Nice to see you guys. Honestly, I can't beat Liu Kang, PeterT(lose devastatingly), and Graal most of the time at all. Any of you guys have luck with them? Nice team btw to all of you, I only beat you Rookwood because the AI splits its attacks around, HothWampa's mods are sick, and OpusX's Palp usually manages to stun most of my team.

My team has a big defense problem >.> as Han is below most of the other guy's Hanses' gear levels. Too many syringes.
  • Kayn! Glad ya found us.

Yep my biggest problem is I have mine modded for raiding priority with potency. I may change it up some but like staying in the top 10 of the guild raids for gear.

The best way to kill the Palp teams is to burn him down as fast as you can. Then kill Lando Rey or Anakin if they are on the team. Having some tenacity will help you resist him.

Peter has a very solid build, I have only beaten him a couple times and it was early when he was still getting his order straight. I think your team will be able to beat him once you get geared up a bit more. Wedge will provide almost instant repeat attacks for Lando and Biggs. It'll be brutal =)

I'm getting close to gearing up Anakin and might try him in a rotation. He just works so well we lots of different teams.

• It's been getting more and more difficult to stay in the top 10 these days. Good to see everyone seems to be beefing up their squads a bit. Good challenge.
  • Looks like we are having game wide log in issues again after a patch push. Maybe we will see another nice big compensation gift pack again ^_^

Oh and yesterday was finally able to beat PeterT several times. Woot!
  • ChetSmiff
    17 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Oh-ho! So you guys are the jerks keeping me from the beloved 20 and below bracket! Great to finally chat with this lovely bunch!

Question.. Ive always been concerned on how my dual tank AI works. Does it work decently? Or are my tanks stepping on each other's toes?
  • Finally tried to go against PeterT today. What a joke, I got destroyed. And welcome to the group Chet, I would try to answer your question, but my memory is pretty **** poor. If I go up against you again I'll let you know how it's working.
  • Na its fine. I havent really been ranked among you guys since they combined shards. Thats what i get for building too many heros
  • Chet, your arena team is good
    You just need better gear
    I'm gearing STH to do a dual tank like you
  • Rookwood
    69 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Welcome Chet, glad you found us!

Yep STH is awesome for ANY group. Push his speed as high as you can so he will go first > Taunt > Speeds up entire Party > WIN >:)
  • Opusx, Wedge lead for your set up is definitely more effective than your previous one.

Good Job! B)
  • Hi guys,

I'm almost done with my droid team.
    Do you think it will be better than my actual team?
  • Rookwood
    69 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Hoth

From what I have seen, Droid teams with JE and B2 that are modded correctly are brutal. JE is similar to ST Han and Rex in that you have to get his speed as high as possible so he goes first.

• Rookwood
    69 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I saw a video today of a player using a max geared 3* Scarif Rebel Pathfinder in their 39k arena team for TM increase. He was in a Lando (L), STHan, Wedge, Biggs group and they were holding rank 7 easily defeating 44k teams.

His Omega Unique gives him a multi resurrect and each time he dies he gives the entire team 2 turns speed up. Not to mention 15% tm increase on his basic ability.. crazy.

Thought I would share it with you guys who run similar speed teams so we can see what it does on our Shard =)

https://swgoh.gg/characters/scarif-rebel-pathfinder/
  • Rookwood
    69 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    **** of the Leader Board he was in..

835da5147b.jpg