Shard: Rookwood, Kayn Shev, Allygate1, PeterT, HothWampa, Humchucker, Ovat Mylason etal...

Replies

• darth barf made me a believer in srp since 2*. Nothing a qgj cant take care of tho, allowing you to leave for last. W/o a buff clear, tanks are scary
  • SRP seems reallt useful in a lot of cases though, maybe especially when paired with leia who gives easy buffs.

**** Rookwood. Your squad just got super beefed up. Its probably second only to maybe peterT's squad on the whole surver. And even him you beat lol. Great team, extremely solid.
  • Rookwood
    69 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Thank ya Kayn B)

I had Rex modded for Potency on my raid team and finally decided to switch and focus on Speed > Prot > Health and it helped tremendously. I also beefed up Sun Fac some. Once I get my Teebo leveled and geared I can stop using clones in raid and re-mod Fives.

My squad is easier to beat than Peter's, so this past week I have been poking him out of #1 a couple of times a day to give peeps a chance at top rank at their cash in time. BajyHoRed and IBGM were able to grab #1 a few times which is cool.

I usually do it about 5 mins after a random hour so as not to mess with anyone's cash in time. At one point I think he got shuffled out to 9 or 10 which was a first in a long time and it made me grin. I like seeing different peeps have a shot a #1 since it encourages players to keep improving their teams and he can easily retake #1 when it's his time =)

Next week is the level cap increase and I bet we will see some Meta changes as older characters get some new gear and abilities. Should be tons of fun!

• HothWampa
    20 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Thanks Rookwood, it helps me a few times.
    I'm trying to beat you with my droids but Rex leader is a killer!
    Post edited by HothWampa on
  • Is there a secret to fighting droid teams? I avoid these like the plague. Super fast, amazing damage, great resilience considering the right composition. I literally cant keep up!
  • Rookwood
    69 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I kill JE first, 88,86,47

Having a toon that can cast Tenacity up like Yoda or Rex is a huge help. Also Ackbar that can cleanse debuffs.

Hope that helps some.
    Post edited by Rookwood on
  • Rookwood
    69 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Double drops on GW for a few days was a nice gesture from CG. Can't go wrong with extra creds and War Tokens. Not to mention when you get the Vader shard pop on node 12 and it doubles.

I'm currently 23/100 to his 7*. Can't wait to see him maxed.
  • HothWampa
    20 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    First time I finished #1 since I switched to droids
    I beat Bajyhored, Liu Kang and finally PeterT
    I just use QGJ instead of nebit
    I need to get B2 quickly

Yeah, GW was great, I got double omega
    They should do that more often
    My Vador is 61/85 long way to go lol

I gonna try to beat your clones Rookwood with my droids but your team is very tough, we'll see!
  • Grats on hitting #1 Hoth, that's a solid team!

Clones are terrible at defending since the A.I. doesn't let Rex pre cast his Tenacity Up. I battle Liu a couple times a week to watch the clone AI work. If I can ever get Fives off my raid team and mod him for pure Arena it might be different.

From what I can tell, Gral was the first to hit 81 in our top 50 or so. The credit crunch is gonna get worse with new gear and levels. Not to mention what GW is going to be like with 85 groups.
  • Hi Kayn Shev,

Where are you from? USA?
    You're Biggs is a best 192 speed
    I can beat you but it's just RNG, if i can block your team

@rookwood if i don't use AoE, i can beat your clones but it's not easy
    Droids depend too much on RNG

I'm about half way to 81, what about you?
  • @HothWampa Ah yea, im on pacific coast time. I hope we dont share the same payout, sorry if we do ):

Actually, your team does really well against me even on defense lol, palp is nearly always dead before he moves and sometimes lando too. Very solid team you have.

I think im a little below halfway for level 81. Im kinda worried about the cap increase as i bet peterT and Gral and maybe lui kang are going to be the ones who capitalize the fastest on the new gear levels. Back to catch up when that happens.
  • Nice, PeterT has up'd his game again and his new Squad is fun to fight. It has some serious DPS and Crazy RNG potential to make things very very bad for you,

Rex L, Sun Fac, Anakin, Wedge and "The Mustache" heh heh.
  • Wow, I'm looking for you guys for so long! I'm PeterT from Taiwan. You guys are awesome and very fun to fight. Currently I'm putting my whole resource on Tank raid, it's hard but fun though.
  • Rookwood
    69 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    WooHoo finally! Glad ya found us Peter!

I figured sooner or later you would search the Forums using your in game name and find us =)

Kayn and I were talking about cash in times and figured you and Liu might be in an Asian time zone. Just from watching, I think Bajy might be US EST, I'm CST, Kayne is PST then we see you and Liu hold spots a few hours later.

Graal sorta looks like he might be UK time since I see him go for #1 sometime before Bajy but not sure.

Has anyone else noticed that when they adjusted the speed down for Fives that it seemed to break it for any character using Speed down now? I was watching it on our last H Rancor raid and the debuff icon shows up, but it didn't seem like it was doing anything at all.
  • His speed down got nerfed. Usually I can score like 3-4 millions by using Wiggs, Rex, 5s and QGJ, but now just about 2 millions and the pigs almost got enraged.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I noticed the other day that graal fought hard for a #1 spot at PST cashout time, but.. other times i havent seen him do that so maybe he was just having fun.

also noticed, Hothwampa is definitely PST as well.

Hey-o PeterT. Beast squad, I cannot beat it. Hmm, sad to hear about speed down, is it even worth running anyone with it? ie, Phasma or Fives?
  • Kayn on Rancor might want to test it and sub someone else in for Fives. Hopefully they will patch fix it soon.

Several in my guild also noticed that QGJ TM % reduction was getting resisted a lot more often even with Potency over 110%. Not sure if that is related to Fives adjustment or not.
  • Today I got 3 millions on Rancor from my P1 team, I've tried to switch 5's to GS/Rey, it seems his speed down still works. My QGJ has 120% potency, Rex got 82% and 5's got 74%.
  • 5's nerf was that his slow reduced speed to a higher degree than other slows. During a rancor gate crash I used to have 3-4 turns, now its down to 2-2.5.

On another note, did they add more people to our shard?
  • I've seen a couple of new folks in the top 30 or so. Either a small shard merge or some existing players finished their Wiggs farm. "Snipsbutthole" was a new one on me LOL
  • Snipps is darthbarf- changed his name
  • Nice catch Chet, I had no idea. The names have a certain, symmetry I guess =)

Switching Rey out to Aayla to pop Gral, let me know what you guys think. ^_^

Stun Bunny mode engaged...

• Im so happy so see aayla in use. Hows she working out
  • Hey,
    Was wondering when I started playing this game. Although sometimes it's best not to know how much time you've sunk into it!
    I'm ChedlinkCheese no threat to you top 10 boys usually sit in the 20-30 range
  • Rookwood
    69 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Heya Chedlink!

We are competitive but don't worry about new folks breaking top 10 since it gives us new teams to fight =)

Something is probably about to shift the current Wiggs Meta since they are introducing new toons. Not to mention folks haven't started using B2 or Scarif to their full potential yet.

Glad you found the thread and hope to see ya in top 10 soon
  • Hey Taz, kinda got my timing wrong today jumping to #1. If I accidentally pushed you out early it was a mistake, sorry!
  • Ched - just checked your group and that's a solid build. Push ST Han's speed as high as you can so he will taunt and speed buff the entire team.

PeterT - if you get to develop that ShoreTrooper I wont be able to beat that build.. very nice!
  • HothWampa
    20 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Anyone doing AAT normal?
    Or Rancor Heroic every other day?
    I'm looking for a guild
    Thanks
  • Rookwood
    69 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Hoth do you have Line?

This is Black Squadron's main recruit thread.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/758792#Comment_758792

I talked to Mander, who is our main recruiter and she can make a spot for ya. Read through our recruit thread and see if it's what you are looking for.

Shard-mates feel free to add me in Line userid Rookwood. Just put your in game name in send request.
    Post edited by Rookwood on
  • Hey Rook,

Yea kinda got my squad to something decent, but that never ending grind in cantina makes it impossible to commit to farming mods.
    Just getting by with the basic health mods forever probably lol