Poll: Who would you bet will become the shining star of the new Raid?

Prev1
Tiggus
766 posts Member
edited August 2016
The same way Teebo unexpectedly became the key to break the million-damage mark in the Rancor Raid, who would you bet will be THE character that breaks the new Raid, ultimately?

I'm listing the currently expected suspects and a few recent hot ones, but I fully expect the winner to be in one of the "others" category.
☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/

Poll: Who would you bet will become the shining star of the new Raid? 165 votes

One of the 5 Jawas
36%
MBL_66CptCavemanCountDookoMatYetiZombie961StarrunnerTuftedpaper85DMertoiandoncheechaAltoon33Nightloresenigma_jediyounglukeskysugarmonsterMattiaslassonTSWPandamanevanbiotRRReyNe0nJetlife 60 votes
Ugnaught
18%
CobrasManovincentlondonImbicatusgsethloumcgarretSnake2KeKattiaKING_J0URNEYLastJedirawmanMalakiRoguesabercoffepirine6Delara6ThunderNeverts327No1_WasxiRoc_LaivindurR3VRACvessaharja 30 votes
Eeth Koth or Ima Gun Di
12%
ShewardNDhallJaceousprimeTyloRenvitoontoRogerMoore_007Chosen_OnePoxxKyleKatarnJediGhost117Darth_Jay77kbonifayhimobiSolitariusBeatsByReyWarrior_NathankanersenJackmondsBrtStlndtetete15 21 votes
Palpatine
6%
darksideStarNickRulexFatherToastOptimus11dglace1lRushlOlddumperjames2266aZooeypm89Ares 11 votes
Lando
11%
TejparnEcho_BaseDooku_for_daysSikhoStormTro0p3R_HSkykrakerIAmExceptionnimroad2MetaslyShub_AkaEscapeArtist51DurrunGamorreanBardMaven1DGizlackhand79DoubleNSymonPhenixWoogie187 19 votes
Anakin
4%
hnewtonPaulDundadarrNyaSylvainRaglanGuyNzeralezAntagoNiSt13Ava_Kdizzle 8 votes
A Rebel
1%
TheRenegadeRJ__BrandoBerserkGinga 3 votes
An Empire baddie
0%
Tiggus 1 vote
Scoundrels
1%
Josh_KHovahdo 2 votes
Someone unexpected beyond reason, like a Nightsister?
6%
Sticare_Courts_0073cheetah2114AchillesDwightHalpertPinkFloydTheBarberflux_ronoeyeguy71Darthisthenightcyrano01dexxterlab97 10 votes
Post edited by Tiggus on

Replies

• Eeth Koth or Ima Gun Di
    Eeth Koth, finally.
  • One of the 5 Jawas
    Surely as advertised it will be jawa scavenger.. Theyl release a update to fix his passive and then each aoe sticks toms of thermaldetonators on all enemy droids.. And maybe they give jawas a 300% dmg boost .. Cuz theys said theyre key to victory.. Otherwise it could be hk47 lead droids.. Which anyway go first haha.. Also aa lead rebels could work well.
  • One of the 5 Jawas
    Scavenger gets my vote as well. Tenacity down, defense down, offense down, offense up, defense up, and stacking detonators on each hit to be exploded with scrap bomb. Percentage health effects will be reduced, but I think the detonators will still end up doing a lot of damage.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • One of the 5 Jawas
    Jawa and Datcha--should be able to keep a constant stun of the B2 battle droids allowing you to focus fire on the boss.
    Scavenger--dropping crazy thermals whenever his jawa bros get attacked

I think those three are your solid core team.
  • Ugnaught
    How can we answer this poll when the new raid is not even out ??

It s like asking "is your ice cream good?" When you are still in the line to buy your ice cream
  • One of the 5 Jawas

It s like asking "is your ice cream good?" When you are still in the line to buy your ice cream

We have enough information to start guessing. We know instead of a Rancor there's going to be an AAT tank and that instead of Gamorreans there's going to be droids. I think that's enough info to at least start planning your strategies around
  • An Empire baddie

True, the same way you can bet on who's going to win the world cup (of soccer for instance) before the 1st match has started... When you're down to the semi-finals, it gets a little too easy to guess right ;)

But the winner doesn't get much more than the right of bragging "I said it first!" :)

I voted for Vader, blowing up all the dots or bombs. Oh wait, I won't have it 7*, so that won't work for sure!
    Against droid arena teams my IGD hits for 18-22k on crits for his basic. I don't know if he'll be the mvp of the new raid but I know he will throw down some big damage.
  • One of the 5 Jawas
    Dathcha's leader ability
  • Darth_Azrael
    457 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    One of the 5 Jawas
    Probably Jawas. But i cannot farm jawas for a while... I want some heroes that compete in the same farm spots and work in 5 new chars from zero... I dont have resources for this.
  • Kapp
    35 posts Member
    Answer is pretty simple. Everyone is focusing on the droid add phase. There will be multiple phases with one big boss.
    Star will still be Teebo. Even at 50% TM reduction he will still make a huge difference, much more than any other single character.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Ugnaught
    I'm gonna go with my man Ugh. I started farming him when JE came out because I could see droid becoming a big deal in arena and he's more than decent against droid teams.

Would like to see how often he gets hit if there are 5-6 droids there in a phase, in addition his basic hits hard and his AoE-droid-stun is reliable
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    An Empire baddie
    As new information pours in (See this thread with latest datamined info), it looks like Jawas (who receive extra potency) are still the favourite pick, alongside Jedi. I'd vote for Yoda now.

On the other hand, the Rancor raid's description was really hinting at "taunt" as being a winning factor.
  • I think a good team will be a mix between jawas and jedis. This Will be a different raid, no longer focused in single Target. so heal and AoE Will make difference instead TM removal.The star could be bariss.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    An Empire baddie
    Hmm Barriss, that's an interesting one... There's lots of AoE damage, things to be dispelled... why not?
  • One of the 5 Jawas
    So when tank raid comes out the rancor raid is done forever?
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    An Empire baddie

I assume both Raids will be available and it's up to the leader of the guild to start one or the other (see below). I also assume that most guilds will want to play with the new toy and so they will choose the AAT raid over the Rancor one for at least a week or two. Then it will depend on how the rewards compare, but I guess the current Raid salvage are becoming a bit stale by now, and higher level mods (the announced rewards for the AAT raid) will be tempting. Not sure what happens with Han Solo shards though.

----
    Edit: @SnokeTrooper
    It's been announced by Jesse (here) that Guilds will be able to play both Raids independently of each other, so we get to hunt Droids AND finish our Han Solo's!
    Post edited by Tiggus on
  • Someone unexpected beyond reason, like a Nightsister?
    Lobot
  • An Empire baddie
    Lobot

If that turns out to be true, you'll have earned the rights to shout "I told you first!" bro! :)
  • Lando
    Lando or Ima gun Di. Most likely both. Lando can RAIN aoe's for high damage. Ima gun Di has very good damage vs droids plus he is a great leader.
  • An Empire baddie
    Having a bit more mileage now with the Emperor, I think he'll totally own that Raid. If there are more than 3 enemies at a time, once he's shocked a few, he'll keep taking turns and playing solo until they're all dead.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Palpatine
    You know how Grievous has that 100% TM every 7 hits thing? Well....... Palpatine >:)
  • Seems like Dengar/b2 will be useful for the aoe tenacity down
  • An Empire baddie
    Verdict in a few days now! :)

Go Palpatine!
    Jedi in general are going to be decent in this raid but since these two do bonus damage to droids I'd would assume that they will be the heavy hitters.
    JKG
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
    Tiggus wrote: »

I assume both Raids will be available and it's up to the leader of the guild to start one or the other. I also assume that most guilds will want to play with the new toy and so they will choose the AAT raid over the Rancor one for at least a week or two. Then it will depend on how the rewards compare, but I guess the current Raid salvage are becoming a bit stale by now, and higher level mods (the announced rewards for the AAT raid) will be tempting. Not sure what happens with Han Solo shards though.
    I'm pretty sure they said that there will be separate bank currency for each raid and they can both be run at the same time.
    Same as before the TMR raidmeta: Rey-GS

Doing tons of damage on the adds doesn't register as raid damage.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Ima
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Someone unexpected beyond reason, like a Nightsister?
    Doing tons of damage on the adds doesn't register as raid damage.
    It does ... just try to sum the damage done by chars and compare it with your total score after you added some bombs/detonators/damage over time effects on captain piggy or rancor.
    With adds you mean the additional chars (like the 2 pig guards left and right of the captain), right? then true ... they dont count.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.