Emperor basic not finishing off the enemy when it adds shock debuff

Prev1
Ok I know Cracking Doom doesn't finish off shocked enemies. But when an enemy is low on health and his basic shocks them, with enough damage that they should die, they don't die. They're just standing there with no health.

Bug or working as intended?

Replies

• I noticed the same....but sometimes it does....not sure what the deciding factor is.
  • Naugrin wrote: »
    I noticed the same....but sometimes it does....not sure what the deciding factor is.

I have a feeling it finishes them off when shock is resisted. Or it could be random but many times the enemy definitely should have died from basic and they don't. Last match he did over 10k damage to someone with a sliver of red and they were left standing with shock and no health.

@CG_Kozispoon @EA_Jesse is anyone up there aware of this?
  • slothe
    221 posts Member
    You probably stunned them with EPs basic right when they had full tm, causing it to look like they weren't shocked, then crack doom kicked in not allowing them to die. Unless crack doom removes stun, causing a similar effect. Not really being able to tell that they were actually stunned.
  • slothe wrote: »
    You probably stunned them with EPs basic right when they had full tm, causing it to look like they weren't shocked, then crack doom kicked in not allowing them to die. Unless crack doom removes stun, causing a similar effect. Not really being able to tell that they were actually stunned.

His basic doesn't stun. Just adds the shock debuff. When the debuff is added on what should be a finishing blow with his basic they're not dying.
  • markusfive
    297 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    5PdUpEv.jpg

In this example Leia had a small amount of health in red with no shock. Emperor hit her with over 10k critical with basic and shock debuff was added, yet she didn't die. Stood there with no health.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    He seems powerful enough, I say leave the bug in.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Teague wrote: »
    He seems powerful enough, I say leave the bug in.

Bugs are bugs and they need squashing!

This bug in particular may have a universal fix that's will affect many different cases of characters not getting finished off.
  • Oooohwee. I'm pretty sure you guys underestimate the power of crackling doom. Not only is it a decent blow, for jedi and rebels, it hits twice if they are shocked. I rarely use the aoe stun because I like to get everyone shocked for the added tm boost. In this process, you can see how much it really does drain hp.
  • BMoney
    264 posts Member
    Mine does it too. Just had a toon that was already shocked with literally 0 health. Tried to take him out with Palpatine and it said 8k damage, and added shock again and the toon just stood there still alive.

I was like whaaaaaaaaa!!!!
  • slothe
    221 posts Member
    So it won't kill them because they're inflicted with shock or because you applied shock. Seems pretty straightforward and probably isn't a bug. Depends on if damage is registered before or after shock. My guess is that shock is inflicted first with the hit and then damage after causing the toon not to die.
    n6qlmx.png
    2lupd11.png
  • BMoney
    264 posts Member
    @Jambiiiiiiiii you are so right with that crackling doom. Friggin love it. i like to hand out shock to all the toons. Especially Jedi. They get 2500 damage times two if they are shocked.

Plus if they are the ones you hit while they are shocked that's another 9 to 10k on top of it. Palpatine wil easily do 15 to 16k to a toon if they are already shocked
  • BMoney
    264 posts Member
    Invalid @slothe. That if you they are already shocked and Palpatine hits another toon.

If that toon is already at a sliver or has 0 health. Palpatine should be able to take him out with his basic whether the toon was shocked or not.

• Add this to the fact that his leader ability is half-broken. You would think the devs would do more testing because it seems as of now they do none.
  • I have noticed same thing where target has 1-2 red bars health and emperor basic wont kill target even if i did huge crit. It happens quite regulary and CG devs can clearly see that when they test it.

@CG_Kozispoon
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    It looks to me that if his basic kills the opponent they don't even get shocked, no resisted or words shocked come accross

FCat88i.png
    LUqKqo4.png

https://youtu.be/m4DGx25C8V0
    https://youtu.be/dW6t9Snbslk
  • slothe
    221 posts Member
    BMoney wrote: »
    Invalid @slothe. That if you they are already shocked and Palpatine hits another toon.

If that toon is already at a sliver or has 0 health. Palpatine should be able to take him out with his basic whether the toon was shocked or not.

Check it again, Rebels and Jedi don't need to be shocked and special damage won't kill them.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Thx.. Will pass this on
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • ok so its not only me that this is happening to...
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    I have not seen this happen before and just tested it

HjFlHNw.jpg

9RNa1XF.jpg
  • MBL_66 wrote: »

HjFlHNw.jpg

9RNa1XF.jpg

Your chewie was already shocked. I'm taking about a toon not shocked with very little health, being hit hard by emperor basic, and then becoming shocked with no health and not dying.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    markusfive wrote: »
    MBL_66 wrote: »

HjFlHNw.jpg

9RNa1XF.jpg

Your chewie was already shocked. I'm taking about a toon not shocked with very little health, being hit hard by emperor basic, and then becoming shocked with no health and not dying.

But if you kill a toon then you can't apply anything to it, at least I thought so.
  • My guess is that the damage from the basic is applied (which kills the toon), then the damage from the shock/craxkling doom is applied. The game registers the death mistakenly as from crackling doom so the toon remains. It doesnt seem to work all the time though.

HjFlHNw.jpg

9RNa1XF.jpg

But if you kill a toon then you can't apply anything to it, at least I thought so.

That's the bug. I've noticed this as well since day one of the event.

Character is not shocked, has almost nil health, EP basic crits, now is shocked and opponent is left with no Hp and laughing at you until lando aoe's the smile off their face.
  • DrNocard wrote: »

HjFlHNw.jpg

9RNa1XF.jpg

That's the bug. I've noticed this as well since day one of the event.

Character is not shocked, has almost nil health, EP basic crits, now is shocked and opponent is left with no Hp and laughing at you until lando aoe's the smile off their face.

It has to be a bug. Not consistent but I've seen it happen a few times in the short period I've been using him. I'm not sure exactly what triggers it; maybe I can get a video.
  • @markusfive that's be great then post the vid in this thread and in bugs section? Hopefully it'll get flagged as a bug ?
  • markusfive
    297 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aksS7EJYmsk

I can get more videos if needed. When an enemy is low on health and hit with emperor's basic that should be a finishing blow, it will often add the shock debuff and the enemy won't die. Even if it's a small sliver of red. I believe this level 67 G7 Leia should have been killed by the hit in this video. It's not the best example but illustrates the issue.

@CG_Kozispoon
    @EA_Jesse
    @DrNocard
    @MBL_66
    Post edited by markusfive on
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member

I can get more videos if needed. When an enemy is low on health and hit with emperor's basic that should be a finishing blow, it will often add the shock debuff and the enemy won't die. Even if it's a small sliver of red. I believe this level 67 G7 Leia should have been killed by the hit in this video. It's not the best example but illustrates the issue.

@CG_Kozispoon
    @EA_Jesse
    @DrNocard
    @MBL_66

Nope your attack missed, see how it says deflected.

fwvt3Xw.jpg
  • markusfive
    297 posts Member
    edited August 2016

@CG_Kozispoon
    @EA_Jesse
    @DrNocard
    @MBL_66

fwvt3Xw.jpg

@MBL_66 It took off 2464 damage and all of her HP as well as added shock. What exactly "missed"? It does this a lot. Play through the GW with Palp and see.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member

@CG_Kozispoon
    @EA_Jesse
    @DrNocard
    @MBL_66

fwvt3Xw.jpg

It took off 2464 damage and all of her HP. What exactly "missed"?

Deflected means a special damage attack missed, his basic does special damage and was deflected. Leia then took additional damage from crackling doom twice because she is both shocked and a rebel.

@CG_Kozispoon
    @EA_Jesse
    @DrNocard
    @MBL_66

fwvt3Xw.jpg

It took off 2464 damage and all of her HP. What exactly "missed"?

Deflected means a special damage attack missed, his basic does special damage and was deflected. Leia then took additional damage from crackling doom twice because she is both shocked and a rebel.

How was she debuffed if it missed? I'll have to look closer at this next GW.