Healing won't work on a shocked character

Prev134
Had my first experience facing a Palpatine lead and noticed none of characters were able to heal when they had the shock debuff. Is this working as intended or is this a bug? I know shock already does something else and it seems to me that having two debuffs out there that work to negate healers is kinda overkill

Replies

• It prevents all buffs and healing. Han/RG won't taunt,
  • It's working as intended. Shock prevents you from getting any buffs and you can't be healed either, or gain tm.
  • So it's basically a combo between healing immunity and buff immunity. Cool
  • So it's basically a combo between healing immunity and buff immunity. Cool

It's more than that too, no TM gain either.
  • WAI WAYOP
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    WAI WAYOP

stun is still a better debuff in most cases. Obviously the emperor has that debuff in his toolbelt aswell. Tell me @GeorgeRules , what are your thoughts on the emperor? :P
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Do not nerf him please. Because I have him now.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I think the emporer is WAI, Sales must be up. Although I have a feeling he will be getting some stealth treatment.
  • It's working as intended. Shock prevents you from getting any buffs and you can't be healed either, or gain tm.

Please tell me that's not as overpowered as it sounds
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I think the emporer is WAI, Sales must be up. Although I have a feeling he will be getting some stealth treatment.

if they also add stealth to his toolbelt you would be OP :p
  • I believe EP Shock prevents RG auto-taunting, whereas stunning RG does not (he still taunts).
  • KyleKatarn wrote: »
    I believe EP Shock prevents RG auto-taunting, whereas stunning RG does not (he still taunts).
    Yes. You can make both RG and Anakin completely useless with EP.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    I believe EP Shock prevents RG auto-taunting, whereas stunning RG does not (he still taunts).

^this is exactly the reason why i added "in most cases". When you stun a shocked RG, the shock debuff goes away, pretty annoying ^_^
  • The devs do listen to me quite a bit so I dunno, maybe palp will get the "stealth treatement" he deserves quite soon. For now he is OK though, it's fun to have a challenge, I just feel sorry for the people who think he will remain a challenge indefinitely.
  • He is very strong - extremely fun to play, and I actually have a ton of fun playing against him. There are several people on my server using him and we each use different teams, it's interesting whether you win or lose and there are plenty of ways to make him ineffective.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    The devs do listen to me quite a bit so I dunno, maybe palp will get the "stealth treatement" he deserves quite soon. For now he is OK though, it's fun to have a challenge, I just feel sorry for the people who think he will remain a challenge indefinitely.

i hope it is with a counter char like luke and not a nerf
  • Skye
    795 posts Member

In his base form (no mods) he's actually bearable... as he has very low health and can be taken out quite quickly... Even if you use mods to up his health and protection... he can be very close to being one shot by Rey, I believe FOTP might also be able to but much riskier as their natural speeds are very similar.

HOwever if you play against a couple of teams in the Arena, the various Plapatines you will struggle with are the ones that have very high speed. BUt that can be said pretty much about every "high end character" e.g. Anakin, Lando etc..

Plapatine with high speed highlight very clearly the issue with speed mods. especially as his kit relatively speaking gains a lot more than any other character when it comes to speed bonuses. HIs passive fires much more often, and given he can place shock on people more frequently and often before a lot of people can do anything... he will whittle people down faster than you know what hit you.

But you take out his speed mods (primaries and secondaries) you'll find him less of a threat than Lando or Anakin! Especially if you have no jedi or rebels on the team you are attacking him with...

Fight against some unsped up Plapatines and those that have speed over 160 and then over 200... you'll see exactly what I am getting at... His threat level essentially jumps up exponentially and it's all because of the way his kit maximises the benefits gained from a high speed like no other character except maybe yoda and Leia. Rey doesn't count as she doesn't gain TM anywhere in her kit normally.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Skye wrote: »

In his base form (no mods) he's actually bearable... as he has very low health and can be taken out quite quickly... Even if you use mods to up his health and protection... he can be very close to being one shot by Rey, I believe FOTP might also be able to but much riskier as their natural speeds are very similar.

HOwever if you play against a couple of teams in the Arena, the various Plapatines you will struggle with are the ones that have very high speed. BUt that can be said pretty much about every "high end character" e.g. Anakin, Lando etc..

Plapatine with high speed highlight very clearly the issue with speed mods. especially as his kit relatively speaking gains a lot more than any other character when it comes to speed bonuses. HIs passive fires much more often, and given he can place shock on people more frequently and often before a lot of people can do anything... he will whittle people down faster than you know what hit you.

But you take out his speed mods (primaries and secondaries) you'll find him less of a threat than Lando or Anakin! Especially if you have no jedi or rebels on the team you are attacking him with...

Fight against some unsped up Plapatines and those that have speed over 160 and then over 200... you'll see exactly what I am getting at... His threat level essentially jumps up exponentially and it's all because of the way his kit maximises the benefits gained from a high speed like no other character except maybe yoda and Leia. Rey doesn't count as she doesn't gain TM anywhere in her kit normally.

Ok, so no stealth treatment, just don't allow palp to be modded. Sounds reasonable. Devs, could you please put a mod ban on Palp so we don't have to have him nerfed please.... Apparently he isn't too OP without mods.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    EP is so overpowered that he is riding the bench on the majority of my leaderboard board. He is very easy to counter on offense, because the AI is stupid. Yoda is easy to make faster than Ep. Yoda gives team BM and EP will waste stun on a team all with tenacity up.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I know I made a mistake in this run, but watch the health bars.

https://youtu.be/OjUH241kVWE
  • jedii_2040 wrote: »
    Do not nerf him please. Because I have him now.

+1 I can kick some nice butt in Arena now. My Palp team in GW's theme song is Enter Sandman, cause they close up shop nice for the day.
  • Run a 200+ speed palp. Shock the enemy RG then take out rey without fear of auto taunt
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    There is already a perfect free to play toon to counter Palpatine. I put in this toon to effortlessly beat EP teams, then switch him out to beat the next team. No nerf needed. EP is easy to kill, has only average speed, and does very little damage. Debuffs are his main thing. Nerf them, and he becomes garbage. Just figure out how to overcome debuffs. Easy. Anyone who thinks he's getting nerfed had better think again.

He is single handely making garbage empire toons useful, and causing people to change arena teams to beat him. In doing so they become more easily beatable by other teams. That's what a diverse arena looks like. Everybody can beat somebody. But nobody can beat everybody. He's perfect as is. One of the most well designed toons in the game so far. I have him at 7* even though I don't use him in arena. But I love what he's doing to my server.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    8YmwwH9.jpg

This is his basic unbuffed hitting for almost 20k. With a 4.5k heal ontop.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    He's pretty strong but by no means imbalanced imo. He has like 15% armor, so even if you stack health on him, it doesn't amount to much. Only OP thing in the game right now are speed mods.
  • Thoroku
    31 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Just for fun I used a 5-star, G6, lvl 56 Palpatine with a team totalling 23k Power (5* RG, 4* Vader, 7* Sidious, 7* Lumi) and fought a 31k Power Jedi team. Lost no one, though obviously that's because the AI isn't the smartest.
  • 8YmwwH9.jpg

This is his basic unbuffed hitting for almost 20k. With a 4.5k heal ontop.
    That AoE is barely a tickle compared to Lando or Anakin.
  • They aren't doing that when they are ability blocked though are they?
  • They aren't doing that when they are ability blocked though are they?
    They are when they are immune to debuffs, and Palpitine dies before their debuff immunity wears off.