EP Can Stun Rey with Foresight?

djlott
469 posts Member
edited August 2016
Ha ha ha lol YES finally! What a big Truck You to Rey! Now I only say that cause I don't have her but seriously, that ain't right. As much as I will exploit this, shouldn't this be impossible?

EDIT: I wrote shock in my OP title originally but I meant Stun.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Sun fac also applies debuffs through forsight. So maybe it is actually working as intended. i dunno ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    There are plenty of characters that do damage through foresight.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    @RU486 yes I'm aware but is this right? Seems like foresight is supposed to be a freebie so how would anyone know which attacks get evaded by foresight and which ones don't?
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    djlott wrote: »
    @RU486 yes I'm aware but is this right? Seems like foresight is supposed to be a freebie so how would anyone know which attacks get evaded by foresight and which ones don't?
    No I agree and foresight should be able to take no damage from ANYONE no matter who it is.

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Video evidence at 24 seconds
    https://youtu.be/XfDnrpZW-gg
  • Why not, first part is damage to all, that remove foresights, second part stun to all
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Sun fac also applies debuffs through forsight. So maybe it is actually working as intended. i dunno ;)

Sunfac seems different

He counter and attacks and also applies debuff. The attack itself doesn't cause the debuff. Not sure if this is working as intended or broke.
  • Foresight: Evades the next attack (if able).

That's what the foresight buff says.
  • five2zero wrote: »
    Why not, first part is damage to all, that remove foresights, second part stun to all

Not saying whether it's right or not, but there are plenty of attack/debuffs that don't do this.
  • I am pretty sure that my RG and Daka never applied stun through foresight.
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    five2zero wrote: »
    Why not, first part is damage to all, that remove foresights, second part stun to all

Exactly this. You can see that she doesn't take any damage in the video, so she did evade that part of the attack.
  • I'm fairly sure it counts as an attack, then the stun chance is initiated. So, the attack takes away foresight with no damage, then tries to apply debuff. This is how I understand it, if anyone else thinks otherwise, please add thwir input.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    RU486 wrote: »
    No I agree and foresight should be able to take no damage from ANYONE no matter who it is.
    Unevadable attacks can bypass foresight and that's intended IMO
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Foresight would actually be a lot more balanced if it only guaranteed a dodge to the damage but not any effects.
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    one could argue that the skill should require that the damage land in order for the stun to be possible
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    RU486 wrote: »
    Unevadable attacks can bypass foresight and that's intended IMO
    That I also agree with, maybe I should have said that in the foresight description needs changed, evades 100% on one attack, obviously its not 100%.

• Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    On this case I want QGJ basic to also apply when the opponent toon evade...
  • The attack (named "Power of the Dark Side") doesn't state anything about being unavoidable. I wouldn't have even started a thread if it said that. The attack simply reads "Deal special damage to all enemies with a 70% chance to stun". That reads as a single attack and in my opinion, should NOT effectively ignore foresight. I'm glad it does because Rey and her Foresight can go to H. But it should not stun through it for consistency sake. Otherwise there are a 100 other character attacks that need to be retuned for this benefit.