Guild leader AWOL. EA support totally useless. Can this issue be addressed???

Prev1
Gaz_ren_123
34 posts Member
edited August 2016
Our guild leader at jaba's hut has disappeared. A guy called grent. 40+ days without logging in. Probably gave up and uninstalled by now. The remaining officers agreed on a new leader (me) and so i contacted EA support after a dev (yes, a dev) replied to another thread telling them to raise a ticket.
The useless "advisor" then told me since the guild leader paid for the guild in the first place they can't remove him without his permission and to contact him (how i don't know, smoke signals perhaps?) or start a new guild. Then he closed my case!

Why is a dev telling us to raise a ticket to EA support when they are clearly as useful as a chocolate kettle and won't do anything about the issue?

Surely it can't be that difficult to put a automatic kick on a guild leader after 30 days offline?

Replies

• With 300k credits and your ally list, all your problems will be solved.
  • I shouldn't have to start my own guild. It should be a quick check to see when the leader last logged in and kick him if requested by an officer.
  • Yep start a new guild. Sounds like you already have 48 other players that will follow you.
  • I shouldn't have to start my own guild. It should be a quick check to see when the leader last logged in and kick him if requested by an officer.

Officers can activate raids and do everything the leader can. Leader can only kick officers that's the only difference for the bare functioning essentials to keep the guild going. And just keep pestering them. Bent wookie could help for sure
  • We have an AWOL officer too.
  • Unlucky. Sounds like you need to start up your own guild then.
  • Contact support. They will change the leader for you. Took under 1 day for our guild.
  • So how the hell can some guilds get it and some can't? Is it just the lucky ones that get the advisor who has the brain cell for that day?
  • Contact support. They will change the leader for you. Took under 1 day for our guild.

I did contact support. They told me to browse the forums for help...
  • I stand by my previous comment then.
  • CG_Kozispoon
    July 29
    Hi there!
    Please have one of your guild officers file a ticket with EA support with their PlayerID and information on their guild detailing the issue. Thank you!
  • A dev telling us to raise a ticket and support telling us they can't do that. Which one is right???
  • Guess you took it as far as you can go. Do GW tomorrow and start a new guild, Probelm solved.
  • Try this

45845626_9e2d9dca5e.jpg
  • To the OP it sucks and it's unfair that some can change their GL and others cannot. However, seems like the fastest solution is your ally list plus starting a new guild. You'll be done in a half hour. Good luck.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I just don't get this, why not start a new guild?

Isn't that the simplest solution?
  • They don't want to waste the credits obviously is why they just want to take back their guild. Should be possible quite frankly. Doesn't make since to not allow guild leader to be kicked if MIA.
  • But The guild leader bought the guild. It could be an illegitimate takeover.
  • An officer from my guild did this just this week. He went to contact support. There was an option to have customer service call him, and he did that. They called a little while later, checked the activity of the current leader, and proceeded to make him the new leader. Start to finish was under 30 minutes.
  • Done. Same ticket new advisor. My advice for any guild out there with the same problem: Don't take their crap! Keep at them and raise tickets until you find the one who actually has a brain and will do it.
  • But The guild leader bought the guild. It could be an illegitimate takeover.

But they should be able to check before doing it...
  • What would they check. If i bought a guild and lost my phone and when i got a new one found that someone had stole my guild, I wouldn't be happy. I do understand but I question your motives. Just cut your losses and start a new guild.
  • Join mine, problem solved
    ~Y O U T H v2
    Guild: Paradigm of Virtue (PoV)
    Line: GohYouth
  • What would they check. If i bought a guild and lost my phone and when i got a new one found that someone had stole my guild, I wouldn't be happy. I do understand but I question your motives. Just cut your losses and start a new guild.

When he was last online?

I have no motives. The entire guild discussed in the chat for days and voted me leader since our current leader hadn't been online in 40 days. You can't make a guild and then not log in. We didn't kick him out after a week it was 40 days. We discussed in chat and i was unanimously voted as new leader. Everyone thought it was me anyway! Lol.
  • And i was eventually made leader by a new advisor.
  • There should be 30 days inactivity kick for guild leaders. It isn't fair to leave a guild hanging if you don't want to play the game anymore.
  • DjangoQuik
    863 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    That's bull. I contacted support about something on behalf of our leader when he was in hospital and they said they could promote me to leader to get the issue fixed. In the end our leader managed to get back on and sort it out himself but it's absolutely possible for them to do that. I'd request to escalate the issue to someone at support that knows what they're doing because they're certainly not all useless.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There should be 30 days inactivity kick for guild leaders. It isn't fair to leave a guild hanging if you don't want to play the game anymore.

Maybe not a straight kick, but a demotion to officer and an option to have an officer take over
  • If it was a straight kick then you wouldn't have this problem. Plus if they aren't playing the game anymore then why should they stay in the guild? The new leader would end up kicking them anyway for inactivity so it might as well just be a straight kick. It would force guild leaders to log on if they want to remain leader. Best solution for everyone I think.
  • In GoTA if guild leader inactive for couple day then option for take over leadership will appear in any member of the guild so guild can carry on.
    Issue like this kinda annoying at a time especially when you can't demote inactive leader even by contacting CS, i got classic reply "sorry we can't do it for you why not make new guild" by cs rival kingdom, guessing maybe they can't do that because their action restricted by sort of rule or just lazy doubt the latter though lol.
    Make new one and forget every investment done on ye old guild(just realize many above poster mentioned same opinion already)
    the cake is a lie