The Galactic First Order Players Discussion

Replies

• onslaught wrote: »
    Inserted Zeta FOST into my Arena with Zeta Phasma (Lead), Zeta Kylo and Wiggs. (Previously had ST Han instead of FOST)

Been pretty good so far but seem to have some trouble with Zaul teams depending on their lineup. Should I dump Wiggs? (get stuck when dazed for no assist and they get killed pretty easily)

Should re-insert ST Han? Maybe B2? Rex? Boba? Any recommendations?

[My FOO is almost 7 star (1 piece from gear 11, still needs to be modded) and my FOTP is just shy of 6 star]

https://swgoh.gg/u/pureonslaught/collection/

(dont know why my toons aren't shown correctly in terms of power)

Thanks

I would think you really need FOO in there as he is the one who controls the fight. He also needs as much speed as you can throw at him. I also think they should hold up fine at their current star rating, as their gear level is high enough.
  • You need FOO.
    B2 isn't bad as an extra, but FOTP is better.
  • A guild mate of mine made an excellent point, now is the time to boost First Order for those that like them Episode VIII comes out in December and there's a good chance First Order will get some attention when it comes out (given Resistance will more attention but Darksiders SHOULD get some).
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Aero wrote: »
    So I collect those Black Series figures, wanted to share my First Order collection....

20160902_191750.jpg

Looks much better than those Lego versions.

Hey now, my kids' lego army is First Order, felt with AT-ST's piloted by First Order ground crew members. (who am I kidding I play with them as much as my kids do.)
  • Tedbeast wrote: »
    A guild mate of mine made an excellent point, now is the time to boost First Order for those that like them Episode VIII comes out in December and there's a good chance First Order will get some attention when it comes out (given Resistance will more attention but Darksiders SHOULD get some).

I doubt they'll get another revamp, because they are in VERY good shape right now. It's actually interesting to consider; because the five FO work *so well* together right now, even if/when they do bring out more characters to the faction ... who would you drop? FOO is the stick that stirs the drink, Phasma has an amazing zeta and great + team and - opponent TM, FOST has a great zeta and is a super solid tank, FOTP blows things up, and Kylo is Kylo (well, Zylo).

So even if they do drop more characters into the faction, I don't see them getting much play unless they are super overpowered, because as a team ... the FO is bringing it.
    A guild mate of mine made an excellent point, now is the time to boost First Order for those that like them Episode VIII comes out in December and there's a good chance First Order will get some attention when it comes out (given Resistance will more attention but Darksiders SHOULD get some).

I agree! In fact although I run an FO team, I'm just finishing off farming a resistance team too. I don't think that the existing toons will get reworked but new toons are bound to be added.

I agree! In fact although I run an FO team, I'm just finishing off farming a resistance team too. I don't think that the existing toons will get reworked but new toons are bound to be added.

The only way I'm even considering a Resistance team is for the speed mod challenges, but they are so terrible that I might just buy the mods.... Rey is so cheap

I doubt they'll get another revamp, because they are in VERY good shape right now. It's actually interesting to consider; because the five FO work *so well* together right now, even if/when they do bring out more characters to the faction ... who would you drop? FOO is the stick that stirs the drink, Phasma has an amazing zeta and great + team and - opponent TM, FOST has a great zeta and is a super solid tank, FOTP blows things up, and Kylo is Kylo (well, Zylo).

So even if they do drop more characters into the faction, I don't see them getting much play unless they are super overpowered, because as a team ... the FO is bringing it.

It would be difficult to pull anyone out of the lineup, but we still need Hux, Snoke, and TR-8R in the game. Maybe add a complety new 5 with a different synergy.
    Tedbeast wrote: »

The only way I'm even considering a Resistance team is for the speed mod challenges, but they are so terrible that I might just buy the mods.... Rey is so cheap

Resistance team is far from bad. I'm not sure where you're getting this from.

For new incomers into the team, well, it all depends what they bring. They do have a lot of unity right now, but there are certainly some stronger than others.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    I imagine if they added Hux and he had a good leader just swap out Phasma. Phamsa is great but only really as a leader.
    So some thoughts to get things started. I don't actually use these guys that much though I want to badly. I'll get them in some GW from time to time. A few things I can say though.

1. They need more characters. And it's not even that hard. Flame trooper, Riot Trooper, Snow Trooper, Snow Trooper Officer, General Hux, and eventually Snoke but not until at least the next film. I love running full synergy, but it's a but annoying when I can't make choices when doing so.
    2. Speaking if not having choices, I can't even choose my leader. The resistance has Finn and Poe to choose from, we have just Phasma. And oddly enough, Phasma reports to Kylo Ren so he really should have a leader ability.
    3. Like Stormtrooper before him, First Order Stormtrooper needs a lot of love. At least he has health so he can not die, but again similar to how Stormtrooper is a bad version of Stormtrooper Han, First Order Stormtrooper is a bad version of Fives. He even has the same problem as Royal Guard with a next to useless special.

CHARACTER PROPOSALS
    By @Aero
    Official First Order Stormtrooper variants,

Flametrooper
    FOflametrooper-Fathead.png
    Primary: Deal physical damage and dispel all buffs on target
    Special: Deal special damage to all targets and apply health down.
    Unique: For every critical hit apply a DOT to the target.

Riot Control Trooper
    5a427c9c027808e28ceb27419dca0e540566adc5_hq.jpg
    Primary: Deal physical damage and stun target if a critical hit.
    Special: Grant health up to all allies and taunt for 3 turns.
    Unique: Whenever an ally gets a critical hit, 25% chance to heal Riot Control Trooper 20%. This chance is double for First Order characters.

Heavy Assault Trooper
    Megablaster_heavy_assault_trooper.png
    Primary: Deal physical damage. This attack deals bonus damage for every ally with Advantage.
    Special 1: Deal special damage and call all allies with advantage to assist.
    Special 2: Convert a random positive buff on all allies to advantage. If ally already has advantage, gain 20% turn meter.

Snowtrooper
    FOsnowtrooper-Fathead.png
    Primary: Deal physical damage with a 40% chance to inflict ability block. This chance is increased to 100% on a critical hit.
    Special: Deal special damage to all characters with a 15% chance to gain offense up per critical hit.
    Unique: Whenever a unit is killed with a critical hit, Snowtrooper gains 60% turn meter and First Order allies gain half that.

By @Jacen_Solo
    General Hux
    General_hux_-_SW_Card_Trader.png
    Basic - Quick Shot: Deal physical damage to enemy with a 50% chance to attack another random enemy.

Special 1 - Air Strike: Hux calls in TIE fighters, dealing huge damage to all enemies. If two or more enemies dodge, all First Order allies gain Advantage, and the cooldown is reduced by 1. If the ally already has advantage, gain critical damage up for 2 turns.
    COOLDOWN - 5 turns.

Special 2 - General of the First Order: Hux calls for a random ally to taunt for two turns. If the ally is First Order, also gain Retribution for two turns.
    COOLDOWN - 4 turns.

Leader - Bring Order to the Galaxy: All First Order allies have +25 speed.

Unique - Glory of the First Order: Whenever a First Order ally scores a critical hit, all allies gain 10% turn meter. (AoE still only gives 10%)

I like some of your suggestions. They definitely need to make the Stormtrooper and FO Stormtrooper more useful. New choices would help even more. Also, why is it so hard to get FO Stormtrooper and FO Pilot? 2/5 of the team pretty much has to be farmed in hard battles. Furthermore, I have been a die hard Rebel user since start of the game. I would love to have access to level up the new Rogue One Empire and new Sith characters so they are usable. And while I adore Rebels... That's all we keep getting. We have Jedi and Rebels enough to make 2-3 SOLID full separate teams of each. Sith and Empire have improved a LOT... But more accessible or more choices could help even more. But above all... First Order and Resistance are the most lacking groups, yet two of the best mods, speed and offense, can only be accessed with these teams. New characters would help a lot. I know things take time, and I like the updates. But fix Nihilus in GW so he doesn't have cooldown reset every single battle, and add some new Ewoks, Tuskens, Bounty Hunters, First Order, Resistance, Geonosians, Jawas, and make the Rogue One Empire more accessible so we aren't still choosing between Jedi and Rebel. The only reason people even use Sith is because Emperor is OP enough to take out a Jedi and Rebel team.
    On a closing note, almost every healer is a Jedi. Some more healers, even the more unconventional like Nihilus or Talia, would help
  • How are most healers jedi? Only 8 are classified as healer 2 are jedi.
  • Is it just me or is FO a huge investment while not giving anything outstanding in return? (Not trying to hate on the team, but 4 zetas is a lot while a zaul team only needs one to flourish..) also do they have use in raids?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Is it just me or is FO a huge investment while not giving anything outstanding in return? (Not trying to hate on the team, but 4 zetas is a lot while a zaul team only needs one to flourish..) also do they have use in raids?

You're thinking of it the wrong way. Even when I had just Phasma zeta I was regularly taking 1st. It's not that First Order requires 4 zetas, but rather First Order offers 3 additional zetas.
    Is it just me or is FO a huge investment while not giving anything outstanding in return? (Not trying to hate on the team, but 4 zetas is a lot while a zaul team only needs one to flourish..) also do they have use in raids?

You're thinking of it the wrong way. Even when I had just Phasma zeta I was regularly taking 1st. It's not that First Order requires 4 zetas, but rather First Order offers 3 additional zetas.

Good point. Another question, how do you do against zaul+sa+nihilus teams? I have a maxed zfinn and droid team and they both get crushed by this build..
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »

Good point. Another question, how do you do against zaul+sa+nihilus teams? I have a maxed zfinn and droid team and they both get crushed by this build..

I don't have any of those on my shard. The popular team is Zaul+Nihilus+Emperor with various remaining 2. I've come back from getting all 5 of my guys stunned to start the match. Definitely trickier, but I'm beating these guys every day. Once you get it down to just Sith they can't really hide from anything since Kylo will put them all in stealth.

The hardest teams for me to deal with are zeta Barriss teams with a General Kenobi and either Rex, Yoda, or both. Very hard to break past Barriss since all my hits are crits, and I can't even target her first because Kenobi. Meanwhile I can hardly get heal immunity to stick because tenacity up and whenever it does Barriss is quick to dispel it.
  • Finally pushed through tons of zaul (and knocked the heck out of rex leads) to rank #1. I haven't gotten at payout yet, but its nice to be #1 with my favorite team! (no zeta on kylo yet)
  • Copes
    36 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Not sure if anyone cares, but just wanted to post an update since I know several people were asking. As I level my First Order squad I'm trying to track the viability of "mixed" teams.

The team I'm running now is Phasma (L) / Kylo / Boba / STH / Biggs. This is a mix of the easiest to acquire First Order characters (Phasma and Kylo) and the old Rebels / Scoundrels squad I built in my early days of the game. For people looking to transition out of the commonly recommended "first team" and towards First Order, this is a pretty effective lineup. I'm running this on a January 2017 shard, I'm level 72, and I am able to get into the Top 50 most days without hassle. Normally I end up climbing from around Rank 80 to about Rank 40 - 48 with my 5 battles. This team is also incredibly capable of taking down the most common team that is seen in this level range right now which is some combo of Nihilus Lead, Vader and Dooku. I avoid Nihilus teams that have a Kylo. I also struggle a lot if I can't get Kylo's stun off on Dooku. Also have very little problem with Rebels with this team.

FOO is almost ready to replace Biggs, and I'm curious how it works. I'll be sacrificing a little bit of Burst for some Turn Meter manipulation. This might actually be pretty effective with STH's ability to effect turn meter as well. We shall see.
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    @Copes

Nice man. I'm in a similar boat. I'm moving towards an FO squad, and I'm having fun experimenting with hybrid teams.
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »

I have Zauls with SA and I can't beat them either. The Zaul leader has just a little too much. It would still be insane without the evasion. The evasion just makes it ridiculously stupid. Zaul teams are the only trouble I have. However once the next great leader comes out and zaul goes away, FO will still work great.

As far as Raids, the FO team is one of the best teams for P2. There are guys posting 4mil.

Also, I can run through the entirety of GW with my FO team. Sometimes if I don't have a cupcake, I have to sub in some empire guys on Node 12.

• Joined the club this weekend and took them for a spin today in P2. Between remaining gear, 2 more zetas (short on omegas atm -.-), and the option to always upgrade their mods from B-class, I'm pretty excited about the potential yet xD

COmIYb6.jpg
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    I have them maxed gear and all zeta except FOTP and I haven't gotten more than 2M despite having my best mods on them :(
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »
    I have them maxed gear and all zeta except FOTP and I haven't gotten more than 2M despite having my best mods on them :(

FOTP's Zeta improves his damage quite a bit. Maybe that will make the difference.

This could be a similar P2 trajectory to droids.

A droid team at G10 or so is good for a solid 600k to 800k damage in P2 HAAT. Up the whole team to G11 and you can get around 1 million. Put very good mods on the team and you can get 1.5 - 1.8 million. Put amazing mods on the team and you can hit 3.2 million.

Some teams appear to have a base # and then a top # where the only difference is very small incremental differences in mods or gear or setup.

FO may have a baseline at 1.5 to 2 mil, with the potential of 3-4 if modded with fantastic mods or set up in a specific fashion (see taniwha's 4 mil attack).
  • Im thinking next tank raid of running FO on p1, has anyone had luck with them there? that will allow me to do p2 with my droids again for maximum leaderboard. (p3 teebo tie, p4 spam)
  • I've solo'd tank p1 with Zylo on his own of course but never tried the full team in p1. What score did you get in p2 with droids?
  • I screwed around with them in P1 the other day - I was reaching about 8% close to enrage - which is better than my jedi. However 8% of P1 isn't much on the leaderboard lol.
  • I've solo'd tank p1 with Zylo on his own of course but never tried the full team in p1. What score did you get in p2 with droids?

as per guild rules (1 attack per phase) i cant do the solo, but i guess i could also do a single hit with zylo when i zeta him for a free 5% without wasting a team. i can probably hit 2mil p2 with droids since they are using my secondary mods.

i ran p1 the other day with FO when 5% was left, and did that plus 11% of p2 for about 2.1million
  • Copes
    36 posts Member
    Guys, I have a question. Maybe it's been discussed before. I don't know.

As we all know, there is a significant difference in the time requirement to grind out Kylo, Phasma and FOO, and the time requirement for FOTP and FOST. What makes it the worst is that FOTP and FOST come from essentially the same place and require the same resources (energy and crystal refreshes).

What is the optimal way to grind those two? I'm about to 7* the first three members of the team, and that took me about a month. However, FOST is only 3* and I'm only collecting 2-3 shards per day. FOTP is 1* because he is unlocked through ships, and I don't even have his nodes available yet (although I could unlock them fairly soon I believe if necessary).

My question is, what is the best way to prioritize FOST and FOTP? Tie Pilot obviously has value in Ships as well, so that gives him some extra value. What about required stars to be functional? Could I push Stormtrooper to 4* or 5* and then switch, grind Tie Pilot to 7*, then finish Stormtrooper? Am I best to just stick with Stormtrooper to 7* and then worry about Tie Pilot later?

I'm not asking for me specifically, but more about the generally recommended path to completion. Someone looking to build a First Order team from scratch will be in a position where they can use 3/5 of the team, and needs to think about how they optimally grind out the other two, as well as who to replace those two with in the interim.
  • Copes wrote: »
    Guys, I have a question. Maybe it's been discussed before. I don't know.

As we all know, there is a significant difference in the time requirement to grind out Kylo, Phasma and FOO, and the time requirement for FOTP and FOST. What makes it the worst is that FOTP and FOST come from essentially the same place and require the same resources (energy and crystal refreshes).

What is the optimal way to grind those two? I'm about to 7* the first three members of the team, and that took me about a month. However, FOST is only 3* and I'm only collecting 2-3 shards per day. FOTP is 1* because he is unlocked through ships, and I don't even have his nodes available yet (although I could unlock them fairly soon I believe if necessary).

My question is, what is the best way to prioritize FOST and FOTP? Tie Pilot obviously has value in Ships as well, so that gives him some extra value. What about required stars to be functional? Could I push Stormtrooper to 4* or 5* and then switch, grind Tie Pilot to 7*, then finish Stormtrooper? Am I best to just stick with Stormtrooper to 7* and then worry about Tie Pilot later?

I'm not asking for me specifically, but more about the generally recommended path to completion. Someone looking to build a First Order team from scratch will be in a position where they can use 3/5 of the team, and needs to think about how they optimally grind out the other two, as well as who to replace those two with in the interim.

The best way to * those two is by grinding their respective nodes daily, while refreshing if you have the crystals. You can use FOST at 3/4* however he will need to be G10/11. FOTP im not sure about where he should be to plug him in arena, that depends on your arena shard. The FO isnt a team you can pick-up quickly, as they can be a real pain to aquire and to gear, especially FOST and top it off with the 80 zetas. IMO, if you are FTP like I am, FO is a real commitment of all your energy and resources. It been awhile, but I think it took me around 6 months to 7* those two back when they first came out. The team is fun and worth the effort.