New Mod Sets?

Prev1
Any word or rumors on new mod sets? I've heard about a Counter set, a Stun set, and an HP Steal set. There are still many teams waiting for their own mod battles - ie: Droids, NightSisters, etc - I'd also like to see an Assist set, an HP/Pro Regen set, and maybe even some kind of TM manipulation set.

Replies

• Options
    you are essentially talking about sets that would give people inherent passive bonuses on everything they do. A world apart from an increase to base stats. IMO this would completely break the game. While it sounds good on paper. Imagine a lando who crits 100% of the time (easily done) only he also has the ability to stun every time he does it. Thats just one example.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I have seen some datamined info about extra turn sets and retribution sets.
    Extra turn 20% chance to gain 100% TM. I would think retribution would be something similar x% chance to gain retribution for x turns. Obviously all will be revealed when released
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I was thinking

Ewok: Counter Chance Mods
    Nightsister: Life Steal Mods
    Droids: Accuracy Mods
    Sith: Dodge Chance Mods
    Clones: Protection Mods
    Tuskens: Penetration Mods
    Geonosians: Critical Avoidance Mods

Some of these would have to be a 6 mod set.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I would love to see more accuracy and crit avoidance stats added.
  • Apoc88
    259 posts Member
    Options
    Increasing anything in the actual players stats is one thing. But giving them actual abilities like stun, assist, counter, TM manipulation is just straight up ridiculous and I highly doubt we'll see that. I know you want your character to have every ability but then it completely takes away from having different characters in the game. You're supposed to have characters with different abilities and advantages and find a group that works well together and compliments eachother. Not just everyone has everything..
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    ^^^ totally agree. Because yeah, a speed 240 Rey who counters every attack and stuns on the one time she doesn't one hit you sounds awesome
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Any word or rumors on new mod sets? I've heard about a Counter set, a Stun set, and an HP Steal set. There are still many teams waiting for their own mod battles - ie: Droids, NightSisters, etc - I'd also like to see an Assist set, an HP/Pro Regen set, and maybe even some kind of TM manipulation set.

HP steal is not one of them but in the intro to mods there was a pic and it showed what looked like a retribution mod and another one I forget and can't find it now.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    ^^^ totally agree. Because yeah, a speed 240 Rey who counters every attack and stuns on the one time she doesn't one hit you sounds awesome

The counter chance mod would have to be a6 mod set in my opinion and only add like 5% chance, so you'd sacrifice a lot for what could maybe happen. But I definitely see the perspective of keeping certain things off the table.
  • Options
    Grimm sry this isn't related to your post and i don't know how to direct message, but I'm trying to contact a member of your guild (Chris), he's on my server. Would appreciate if you could assist putting me into contact with him. I'm a line app user if that helps (line Id: Turbs)
  • Options
    Anyone who watched the original ATT raid trailer saw them with their own eyes. There was a mod with a stun symbol and retribution that I recall.

If they do go through with it I imagine you'd need a large set to make it work that would eliminate other bonus stats.

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I have seen some datamined info on the extra turn and it was something like 20% chance to gain 100% TM, my guess is retribution mod would be something similar x% chance to gain retribution.
  • Options
    I would hope that they would avoid any mod that buffs dodge. Dodge is a horrible as it is, toons with super dodge would make parts of the game extremely tedious.
  • Options
    I really like to see these mods! :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I have seen some datamined info on the extra turn and it was something like 20% chance to gain 100% TM, my guess is retribution mod would be something similar x% chance to gain retribution.

Yeah I would think these would be useful to bump up toons that have a low percent chance counter to a really solid %. But never really make it useful enough to just get a toon above 40% if they had none.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The whole point of these mods is end-game content.

We are only lv 80 of what will wind up being lv 100 or 120 ....there still 2 more gear levels to unlock... just get a bantha burrito and chill out yo...

This ain't gonna happen anytime soon
  • Options
    I though the devs said level 90 is maximum.

Also, surely a stun or retribution mod can will be percentage based. So if your character can't stun mods won't help. So no stunning reys or Lando but increase Daka or EP chance to stun.
  • Options
    Lol...again pure speculation... I'm guessing theses mods will be small % based boosts...like 5-15%.... even a 15% stun on a ton like say Lando is not enough to rely on...but should be reserved for say a data or palpatine.

Nothing is set in stone and the is all pure speculative conjecture...

BUT... it stands to reason that they continue to make $ then the game will keep going...to lv 500 if it continues to show a profit
  • Options
    Just lies
  • Options
    Hey buddy, sry this is nothing to do with ur discussion however I'm trying to contact Chris from your guild. I'm a line app user if that helps (line Id: Turbs) it would be much appreciated if u could message me on line pls.
  • Options
    RedSix wrote: »
    I would hope that they would avoid any mod that buffs dodge. Dodge is a horrible as it is, toons with super dodge would make parts of the game extremely tedious.

Standing ovation
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • Options
    Are toons getting extra mod slots? I sure hope so
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • Options
    I would be fine with counter chance mods or tm boost mods... IF they didn't have secondary stats.

For example: retribution mods take two mod slots, and gives a primary of 5% chance to gain retribution, and the two set bonus give 5% and 10%, meaning you get 20% total from two maxed out retribution mods. You get a powerful addition, but you give up some power from secondary stats.

I feel this would give people more modding strategy, but also add some give and take... you couldn't have super speed and counter chance.
  • Options
    Turbs wrote: »
    Hey buddy, sry this is nothing to do with ur discussion however I'm trying to contact Chris from your guild. I'm a line app user if that helps (line Id: Turbs) it would be much appreciated if u could message me on line pls.

Hopefully you will see my comment :)
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    I was thinking

Accuracy already exists
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    HGF69 wrote: »
    I was thinking

Accuracy already exists

Not as a set. What @Aero is suggesting would be mod sets not just primary stats.
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Lol...again pure speculation... I'm guessing theses mods will be small % based boosts...like 5-15%.... even a 15% stun on a ton like say Lando is not enough to rely on...but should be reserved for say a data or palpatine.

Data from Star Trek is in this game too??

• Options
    HGF69 wrote: »
    I was thinking

Accuracy already exists

Not as a Set.
  • GrimmVonHell
    338 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I can see 100% chance for certain conditions being met, having prereqs before a mod kicks in would be kool.
    Turbs wrote: »
    Grimm sry this isn't related to your post and i don't know how to direct message, but I'm trying to contact a member of your guild (Chris), he's on my server. Would appreciate if you could assist putting me into contact with him. I'm a line app user if that helps (line Id: Turbs)

Will do, he's a good friend
  • Options

Crap, now I have to farm Tuskens to give those mods to my wife.

Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • Options
    LoL