Are tanks too slow now? - Please buff speed.

What do you guys think?
With the exception of RG since speed stat mods, I find that my tanks taunt after the other team has already taken 2 turns which makes any tank (again besides RG) forceless/fruitless/sterile/ineffectual.... you get the point.

EA, please buff speed just a tad, maybe 10%

Replies

• Oooohwee. You aren't modding properly then.
  • Oooohwee. You aren't modding properly then.

I hear you, I think the problem is that we are forced to use speed stat mods for our tanks in order to make them playable, but a tank should be a tank and we should have to fit it with with a jet engine.
    It defeats the point of being a tank..
  • Jambiiiiiiiii
    912 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    BlazeSA wrote: »
    Oooohwee. You aren't modding properly then.

I hear you, I think the problem is that we are forced to use speed stat mods for our tanks in order to make them playable, but a tank should be a tank and we should have to fit it with with a jet engine.
    It defeats the point of being a tank..

Ooohwee. I have 0 speed primaries, sets or secondaries on my tanks that I use. I like for my 5s to get hit because he will counter back with 7K crits. When my sun fac does taunt, it lasts forever with his slow speed. I do use Rex lead to boost tm though so the taunt will activate earlier.
  • farming mods with great speed secondaries, problem solved:)
  • Some taunting tanks you want fast(Poe and SThan) some tanks you want slow so the taunt lasts longer really just depends.
  • Ben_kenobi wrote: »
    Some taunting tanks you want fast(Poe and SThan) some tanks you want slow so the taunt lasts longer really just depends.

with regards to your comment about slow tanks, if you loose 2 toons before they get to taunt whats the point?
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Ben_kenobi wrote: »
    Some taunting tanks you want fast(Poe and SThan) some tanks you want slow so the taunt lasts longer really just depends.

with regards to your comment about slow tanks, if you loose 2 toons before they get to taunt whats the point?

Then use RG. Some tanks have other uses.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Since speed is the defining factor in the game now, your request to further increase speed on tanks is out of place.
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    See the video with Poe in general discussion, it's corresponding with your topic)) 231 speed, faster than some reys and leias from my top))
  • BlazeSA wrote: »

You'll have to protect them with another tank. Use one of the fast tanks like Poe or SThan or use RG for his reliable auto taunt
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member

My tanks usually taunt before everyone goes. And sthan make it possible for all my toons to go before enemy. So an enemy usually see 2 taunts and 3 landed aoe when he gets to his turn
  • BlazeSA
    134 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Zeus23 wrote: »

My tanks usually taunt before everyone goes. And sthan make it possible for all my toons to go before enemy. So an enemy usually see 2 taunts and 3 landed aoe when he gets to his turn

Thanks Zeus, how do you get your tanks to taunt before everyone else?
    With speed mods, fast toons are even faster.
  • Zeus23
    438 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Zeus23 wrote: »

Thanks Zeus, how do you get your tanks to taunt before everyone else?
    With speed mods, fast toons are even faster.

Poe with 231 speed often goes first and can reduce opponent's tm, then stHan with 207 speed (192 +15 from Lando)
    You can watch the video, surely 2 taunts look very cool)) especially if there are no sunfuc and b2))
  • ^ see this isn't how mods should be right everyone having to be silod into using 1 type of mod to keep competitive isn't this just as bad as everyone using 1 leader type in the old days

Speed has always been a problem in this game in every meta they never seem to sort it properly

Don't get me wrong I don't hate speed mods but RnG decides who's top now with the **** poor drop rates
  • KingPin wrote: »
    ^ see this isn't how mods should be right everyone having to be silod into using 1 type of mod to keep competitive isn't this just as bad as everyone using 1 leader type in the old days

Speed has always been a problem in this game in every meta they never seem to sort it properly

Don't get me wrong I don't hate speed mods but RnG decides who's top now with the **** poor drop rates

Agree
    Anyway mods bring some diversification and this is good
  • Worst is that we will have to get 6 and 7 dot mods next... time throw out those 5 dots :)
  • BlazeSA wrote: »
    Worst is that we will have to get 6 and 7 dot mods next... time throw out those 5 dots :)

It's like saying it's time to go to school after summer vacations
    Don't make us cry))
  • Zeus23 wrote: »
    KingPin wrote: »
    ^ see this isn't how mods should be right everyone having to be silod into using 1 type of mod to keep competitive isn't this just as bad as everyone using 1 leader type in the old days

Agree
    Anyway mods bring some diversification and this is good

Mods "should" bring diversification but everyone is going for speed ...yet again :( doesn't matter how many protection or defence or tenacity mods you slap on your always gonna get creamed by a speed team hence silod into having to join the meta
  • KingPin wrote: »

im agree with this
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50
  • My STH is too fast he goes before QGJ and will get debufed. I wait a turn with half good mods no one dies, even through rey. Phasma Rex STH other TM givers also help a lot.
  • My STH is too fast he goes before QGJ and will get debufed. I wait a turn with half good mods no one dies, even through rey. Phasma Rex STH other TM givers also help a lot.

You fight manually? It's not interesting))