The game before and after Mods

Hi,

Anyone else feel the same?

I have quit many a game because there isn't continuous progression. What I mean by that is that you have items/gear (whatever it might be for that game) that looses its value as soon as you get past a certain stage, making the money spent a "waste". That being said, SWGOH was different, gear, items, shards and characters remained useful throughout.
Now with Mods 2.0 this has gone out of the window, the actual money and time we spend on 5dot mods will be null and void when 6 and 7 dot mods come out.

It sucks spending money and working so hard to achieve something where the goal posts will just be shifting again. If EA/CG could confirm that 6 and 7 dot mods wont be available till next year, at least we can get some longevity out of our 5 dot mods.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If you are that concerned about how you spend your money why did you spend it in a game?

It may not be confirmed yet when they will roll out but you know mods are going to go up to 6 and 7 and you knew this from the beginning. It's very likely they will appear in some tier of the new raid.

I have spent money too and I try to focus on toons since you can find info on them and make sure they will be useful.
  • Options
    remind me when a friend say "digital stuff are intangible" which take me few days to think good answer, found out on using taxi/go to recreational park/eating expensive food as analogy.
    as last resort "hi ea i satisfied with everything you've done here, take my cent"(pretty much what i thought for every f2p games that i spent some buck or...time)
    the cake is a lie
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The annoying thing for me is that if I want to try a new character in pvp or the raid it means I have to re mod my entire roster to make sure i get the right mods on them. It's tedious and if they turn out to be junk with mods, it's near impossible to get back to my previous setup.
  • Options
    So almost certain that 6/7 will be out with the new raid when it comes out. Here is the thing though. Farming mods is a very time consuming thing so you can only max mods for a certain amount of your team.

Now say you have Ani and you get 6 x 7* mods on him. Well those 5* mods you remove. You put them on someone that doesnt have mods yet. Not wasted ;)
  • Options
    i prefer this game before this +30 speed mods everywhere :/
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Whiteroom wrote: »
    So almost certain that 6/7 will be out with the new raid when it comes out. Here is the thing though. Farming mods is a very time consuming thing so you can only max mods for a certain amount of your team.

Now say you have Ani and you get 6 x 7* mods on him. Well those 5* mods you remove. You put them on someone that doesnt have mods yet. Not wasted ;)

It's like teaching math to someone. What's simple for you to figure out isn't simple for someone else. I'm not sure why anyone needs to remod everyone just to mod one toon. Yeah, finding speed arrows takes forever but I'm not one to unmod a toon just to put that mod on another. That, to me, is just silly.
  • Options
    Pretty sure the 6 / 7* mods will be from raiding. So you might get 2-3 a week. So a couple months minimum for enough for a 5 man squad.

So no, those 5* mods aren't a waste, and as others have said, they will just go on a different team
  • Options
    it must be ultra competitive in some arenas cause I have pretty my random mods on my character and I sit 28th currently in my arena.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    It's simple. Speed on secondaries broke arena! This aoe meta could have been handled without the speed increase. Even Wiggs combo would have been fine without speed mods. Pretty sure Wedge wasn't intended to ever go before a Rey initially.
  • Options
    I like the variation so that you are encouraged to try new comps, but speed secondaries are OP and also there is way too much management (6 mods, multiple stats, bad UI) for a mobile game.
  • Options
    Speed mods And JE, just fix them both please.
  • Options
    yeah, speed secondaries are ridiculous. I fought a team that had a Leia that had 71 additional speed from mods, plus Phasma lead and 2 characters that had assist. Leia was going every other attack.
    "No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • Options
    Thank you for all the replies all.

I agree with you @Whiteroom that we can move the 5dot mods to say a B-team. Thank you for a constructive reply :)

@Kyno, my spend on mods will only be on the 6 and 7 dot mods, as I hope that will be money better spent in regards to mods.

If only we could upgrade our 5 dot mods to to 6 and then 7 - one could only wish :)

• Options
    BlazeSA wrote: »
    Hi,

I have quit many a game because there isn't continuous progression. What I mean by that is that you have items/gear (whatever it might be for that game) that looses its value as soon as you get past a certain stage, making the money spent a "waste". That being said, SWGOH was different, gear, items, shards and characters remained useful throughout.
    Now with Mods 2.0 this has gone out of the window, the actual money and time we spend on 5dot mods will be null and void when 6 and 7 dot mods come out.

It sucks spending money and working so hard to achieve something where the goal posts will just be shifting again. If EA/CG could confirm that 6 and 7 dot mods wont be available till next year, at least we can get some longevity out of our 5 dot mods.

Its pretty disgusting to be spending on 5* mods, since I think its pretty obvious the people who will get 6&7* will absolutely destroy people with 5* mods.

At the very least a fair thing would be a total refund for selling mods, I mean equal to what was spent to get it to level 15.
  • Options
    vector6000 wrote: »
    BlazeSA wrote: »
    Hi,

Its pretty disgusting to be spending on 5* mods, since I think its pretty obvious the people who will get 6&7* will absolutely destroy people with 5* mods.

At the very least a fair thing would be a total refund for selling mods, I mean equal to what was spent to get it to level 15.
    Hey hey guys don't worry so much about 6 and 7 star mods. They'll cost an immense amount of crystals or RNG luck. Think about how expensive mod shipments are. Also think how much freakin credits they'll cost. It already takes 500k to max out a 5 star mod. It'll probably be one mil at least to max out a single 7 star mod.

I don't think the bonuses will be too much better honestly. For example 5 star crit damage primary mod is 36 percent right? I feel like the 7 star will be 45 percent more damage instead. That's not completely game changing. Certainly not worth the large amount of crystals it'll probably be in mod shipments.

And btw! If the new raid gives out mods, I highly doubt they will give out 6 and 7 star mods, very easily if they even do it at all.. That would make all the challenges irrelevant. Getting one of those mods will probably be like hitting mega millions. However I do think they'll atleast give out 4 star mods.
  • Options
    vector6000 wrote: »
    Hey hey guys don't worry so much about 6 and 7 star mods. ...

Agreed. Picture this: You just won rank #1 in the new Raid and get a "up to level 7" mod. Probably in the same way as on the challenges, that means 1/3 level 5, 1/3 level 6, 1/3 level 7. Then, what mod is it? A white diamond? More white diamonds? Then an arrow (yay!) with main stat = defense :(

Don't worry, at the rate of one or two mod(s) per week, there'll be time before you (or anyone else) gets anything actually useful...
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    It's simple. Speed on secondaries broke arena! This aoe meta could have been handled without the speed increase. Even Wiggs combo would have been fine without speed mods. Pretty sure Wedge wasn't intended to ever go before a Rey initially.

oh boo fricken hoo... there's already a speed on secondaries thread devoted to crybabies who can't keep up. The solution is simple: You either get with the program and obtain the same mods everyone else has the same access to or go play out in traffic chasing Pokemon.
  • Options
    dough wrote: »
    Alexone wrote: »

oh boo fricken hoo... there's already a speed on secondaries thread devoted to crybabies who can't keep up. The solution is simple: You either get with the program and obtain the same mods everyone else has the same access to or go play out in traffic chasing Pokemon.

Lol - this post brought to you by EA/CG. "Spend money or fall behind!!" That is precisely what they would like everyone to think.

No, I am not complaining - I finish in the top 5 everday, no problem. But that is exactly how the devs want you to feel. If you feel like "If I just spent a few bucks on crystals" or "That pack would put me just over the edge!" - then everything in the game is working perfectly.

If you're a whale, they just want to keep pumping out enough new things for you to spend BIG coin on. Pretty simple. Game design 101. Keep the whales spending the giant amounts they do - and make the guppies/f2p feel like they just need to spend a little bit more than they already are (whatever that amount is).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I for one am not a huge fans of mods. I think there should only be 1 level of mod being the 1 dot mod. They should only give your toon a slight increase in certain stats. Not a complete overhaul of your character. You shouldn't be doubling or tripling the speed of your character. You shouldn't be getting 100% crit chance and such. It's just too much imo. Without all the 5 dot+ mods the game would be more level I think. And you wouldn't see the huge advantages some of these new teams are having. Just my opinion but it's too late to change it now so just gotta get on board..