So tired of losing speed initiative in Arena when I have higher speed!!!

djlott
469 posts Member
edited August 2016
Attacking Ben lead with STH back. Enemy STH has speed of 136. My STH has 139 AND I had Ackbar lead (164 speed effectively). How is it that not only does their STH get to go before mine but Ben ALSO gets to go and ability block my entire team (Ben speed 127)?!?

It's simple right? My STH has more speed I should be given the opportunity to use my abilities first no?

Replies

• Options
    Oooohwee. Do you try to attack either of them before they go? If they dodge, they gain tm and will go before you.
  • VirtraThrad
    444 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yeah, jambi took the words right outta my mouth
  • WhaleKiller1
    517 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Also if STH gets damaged he can cause one or all members of your team to lose 10% turn meter. It's the most annoying thing about him since using an AoE on a STH team can screw up my attack order.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm ok fair point. I suppose an AOE from Lando could have done me in on this. I can't believe it's that significant though is it? So I'm killing my own team by unleashing Lando? I get the turn meter manipulation from Ben, just didn't realize it was that high.

I understood why their Rey went first...then my lando...then their entire team. Ok I'll look at this more closely.
  • Jambiiiiiiiii
    912 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    djlott wrote: »
    Hmm ok fair point. I suppose an AOE from Lando could have done me in on this. I can't believe it's that significant though is it? So I'm killing my own team by unleashing Lando? I get the turn meter manipulation from Ben, just didn't realize it was that high.

I understood why their Rey went first...then my lando...then their entire team. Ok I'll look at this more closely.

Ooohwee. +30% tm for whoever dodges an attack in a maxed old ben lead.

Add in the sth tm reduction hit.

Then if ben uses mind tricks that can remove 60% tm.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ok thanks....learned my lesson the hard way. Just goes to show that no matter how much you play, it's harder than it looks to plan strategy around toons you don't own. I don't own Ben. I know what he does but it's not as prevalent when u don't have the toon yourself. Thanks guys.

Now I'm gonna go kill me some Ben Lead STH teams. Lando's gonna have to chill the first round I guess :)
  • Options
    djlott wrote: »

Ooohwee. +30% tm for whoever dodges an attack in a maxed old ben lead.

Add in the sth tm reduction hit.

Then if ben uses mind tricks that can remove 60% tm.

Yep, Lando will hurt you against an old Ben team if you arent careful. That's why I run an accuracy arrow on my lando... when I use him... if I use him. XP
  • Options
    Yeah STH doesn't even need old ben to screw you up with his unique ability.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Oooohwee. Do you try to attack either of them before they go? If they dodge, they gain tm and will go before you.

Beautifully said.

There are 2 types of people in this game. Button mashers and those who think before they act. Pros and noobs. If people actually would take the time to understand the toons mechanics there would be a lot less complainers on these forums.

@djlott

Kudos to you for realizing your actions. You'll have better success going up against that team now that you know Ben leads squads gain TM upon dodging.
  • Options
    Aniema wrote: »

Beautifully said.

There are 2 types of people in this game. Button mashers and those who think before they act. Pros and noobs. If people actually would take the time to understand the toons mechanics there would be a lot less complainers on these forums.

@djlott

Kudos to you for realizing your actions. You'll have better success going up against that team now that you know Ben leads squads gain TM upon dodging.

Ooohwee. Love your profile pic. RIP Layne.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Options
    Aniema wrote: »

@djlott

Yeah hard lesson. I'm not a button masher and I was very aware of the Ben/STH TM manipulation. Funny that I was so focused on Rey with this setup that I wasn't calculating my actions properly and I just couldn't see it. I swear I learn something new every day and I've been playing since Jan public release!

Appreciate the community help on this one.
  • Options
    Also if STH gets damaged he can cause one or all members of your team to lose 10% turn meter. It's the most annoying thing about him since using an AoE on a STH team can screw up my attack order.

@WhaleKiller1 you sure? My Han removes turn meter from the enemy
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • Options
    Scourge194 wrote: »

@WhaleKiller1 you sure? My Han removes turn meter from the enemy

He was talking about attacking the enemy sth.