Recent change to Galactic War - open conversation

Replies

• In the new update where do we obtain card keys for events now?
  • DarkVader
    6 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Started GW today, it feels way harder than it needs to be. Is it just RNG for today or are others running into this post patch?
  • The only thing I want changed is a max star for them. Or level, when I am 58 I was going up vs 67, they owned me. I like the retreat option trying again, but when they are one shooting my A team. It seems a little unfair. I lost yesterday due to them being close level but just a good mix, thst doesn't bother me. Losing two 10 level higher upsets me. I don't mine seeking 3 levels higher I can still feel like I can win. But seeing almost 10 levels just feels bad. I see that try it once and call it. See 3 or 4 levels I will try it 10 or 12 times to beat it. Even if that the last one I get.
  • I was on a 6 GW win streak and today I hit a wall at node 11. It is nearly impossible. I've retreated several times with different combos and nothing. It's so frustrating.

• Xylo_Phona
    167 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    With my "ATeam", my highest level char is 65, rest are 60 to 64 and 4 char are 4* and 1 is 5* and gear levels are all 6 or 7.

I face a squad at Node 9 that every char is 69 and 1 6* and 4 7*...that's just ridiculous!

"Just build up your bench" how can I build my bench when facing such an unfair disadvantage like that? It'll take months to build a bench to compete with that kind of unbalanced battle.

Or does "build up your bench" simply mean, spend real money and you can have a better squad.
  • Getting really sick and tired of playing the "let's try to figure out a solution to this pattern" by retreating 30+ times, trying different character slot positions, attacking different targets, etc.

I keep getting chains of 69+ teams all purple geared and 7*. Kind of hard considering I only have my A-team max leveled and my B-team is 7-10 levels lower. I understand once I get more cash and training droids I can beef my B team up more, but I'm really hating the new retreat method every day that goes on.
  • I really dont understand how GW pulls opposing teams. Yesterday I got completely wiped out by the midway point and that is with a somewhat deep bench (I am F2P and was going after characters until recently). My suicide squads were worthless and my A and B teams were facing 6 to 9 levels higher with max gear so I was done. I tried well over a dozen different line-ups and it didnt matter, I got wiped out instantly.

TODAY - I just cake walked it. I just hit lvl 67 this morning and my A-B teams are 60-61. Arena I got killed overnight and dropped down to 700 from 380 last night! Is that the reason? The hardest teams I fought today were lvl 63 with maybe a single 64. Most were 57-60 and just seemed much easier today. I only lost two toons (GS and Dooku) and was able to keep up the whole way through with mainly my A team and never needed a suicide squad.
  • Got past node 11 (finally figured out the pattern) and then got to node 12, another unfair battle, but figured with 9 characters left, I'll be able to complete it. After a few retreats, thought I had it. Had my A team out there, and before I could retreat, the enemy went on a multi attack streak with stuns etc, so my team couldn't go next and I couldn't retreat and wiped out all 5 of my characters in less than 10 moves. Now I have 4 "slow" characters against 5 and have zero chance. Just lost out on 400 crystals, a shard or two, and some training droids....ugh!!
  • i have been top 10 in arena the last several days and haven't had a problem completing GW. now post update today, I faced the dreaded 7* 5+ level higher squads that would be tough for me to beat in arenas. thankfully i just unlcked vader yesterday and in the middle of GW today i was forced to either level him up or lose. i used all my droids and energy to take him to level 60 gear 7 and thankfully, because of that was able to fill a weakness. i'm so glad i started farming new people last week instead of taking a couple chars to 7*. tomorrow I will have phasma and daka to add to the mix. i hope it's not like this everyday. if it's based on arena, i'm happy to let my rank drop to make it a little easier. i'll just have to change my farming habits.
  • Yea today has been ridiculous. As a f2p lvl 50 My highest characters are 5 star and just two of them. After having to sacrifice my b and c teams to get past a few nodes of 55s and 56s without losing an A team member I get to the last node with a 63 three 60s and a 51. Oh and Two are six stars and the rest 5. No chance at all. I don't mind a challenge and having to retreat a few times to find the optimal way through a node but these impossible nodes make the game no fun at all.
  • Why the GW is intended to be hard i dont get it we only have very few activities to do in this game and you dont want us to finnish this, do you have any alternatives aside from making us retreat muuuuultiple times and making us suffer like making it moore player friendly?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Why the GW is intended to be hard i dont get it we only have very few activities to do in this game and you dont want us to finnish this, do you have any alternatives aside from making us retreat muuuuultiple times and making us suffer like making it moore player friendly?

Main gripe I have with this is GW is just basic to progress. It is the msin source for credits and you need that to level up.

They should make end game hard, but give end gsme content (like purple gear). But basic things needed to progress in the game should be available to most people.
  • Red_Glare
    106 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I've been thinking... What if you change the distribution of GW tokens across the battles? that way you could get the full 1.2k let's say before the 9th battle and maybe add some shard rewards,crystal and training droids for 9 -12 nodes.
    That way people complaining of being cut off from on of the fastest way of farming good characters can simply do less battles in a row.
    Yet, i still agree that the matchmaking dependence from the HIGHEST arena rank achieved is not right, should be the ACTUAL arena rank: F2P or low level players can focus on GW farming instead of climbing arena.Very high level player and/or P2W (i.e.) can finish GW most of the times anyway.
  • I completed it again today. Wasn't easy, but it wasn't meant to be easy. I really like GW in the current format.
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • When you get to 9/10, you will not win for at least a month, maybe longer. This is my experience.
    IGN: jq
  • What happened to the key cards, and how and where do you get them?
  • For the last 3 days I haven't been running into that monstrous squad that would take out half my toons like before. Instead by the 3rd node it has been consistently hard battles. Like squads that average a couple levels higher but always seem to have two chars that are 6-7* high purple. This doesn't make it any easier. Instead of losing a bunch of toons all at once they just pick a couple off each node.

Now my main squad can handle a team a few levels higher, but not over and over and over again. I can't possibly keep my cool downs refreshed etc. So I still have to use kamikaze squads and send my mains in to mop up and get healed which means my cooldowns are off for the next battle again. On top of it... Who has enough toons to burn up 5 every battle for 7-8 straight in a row?

Part of my problem (and a lot of other people's) is lack of healers. I only have a 5* Lumi, 5* JC, and almost 5* Talia (who can be useless at times). If you want to count the occasional heal that Ackbar can do against certain squads if you use him wisely that makes 4. Hopefully I will have Daka in a few more days so I can finish DS 5 hard and start farming Bariss. I wish I had started farming Daka sooner instead of starring other chars.

At any rate... I just wanted to put my daily two cents worth in here. GW still seems to be out of balance with the rest of the game. It's almost like the Devs are forcing us to make a choice. You can build a powerhouse squad that can go in and dominate arena but then you will get punished in GW. You can build a well balanced set of chars that can get you through LS DS and Cantina and possibly through GW by sheer numbers but you will potentially struggle in arena.

Or none of it means anything and the matchmaking has no pattern whatsoever.

• I hear a lot of theories about how it works. Arena ranking, whether you completed GW the day before etc.To be honest it all just seems a bit random.

I'm level 61 f2p. Today and yesterday I have completed GW relatively easily but was getting shafted every day for about a week or more. My squad rank has been going up (I finished 83 today). Not really sure why my match ups might have got easier. (Although Daka has been stunning all over the place since I got her to 5*)

I guess EA have a difficult time scripting how the match ups are picked. Comparing power (and levels/stars/gear) should be relatively easy. But it would take a lot to take synergy into account. Some teams are just greater than the sum of their parts.

While I was using the retreat old retreat function, to sub in ticklers and avoid taunts etc. I have to say I think I prefer the new retreat to just have a new attempt at the whole battle. Much better for avoiding deaths this way.

Hopefully I will get a decent run for the rest of the week but I doubt it... ;-)

• Today's GW for me was harder than previous weeks, but doable with a few retreats and combo tweaks (ok like 20...) on Node 10. The rest was the easiest as it's been since Sunday. Maybe due to update maybe not. But my tanks are playing a bigger role than before. Definitely needed 2 healers on almost all battles. I was satisfied with today's difficulty, but hope it doesn't get much harder.

Note: Arena rank was approximately the same as past few days. I'm not seeing that as a large factor playing into this. At least not as of today's experience. My arena rank is pretty low (400's on average) so I'd expect everyday to be easy if it were.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Karnafexx wrote: »
    I don't mind the retreat changes but the last two GWs I did I've gotten whale teams on the fourth and fifth battles and I'm done. One or two levels higher than me with all six and seven star guys. My B teams can't touch them and my A team might have a single survivor or two.
    I just don't understand how it's gone from being competitive to finish a GW to can't make it past battle six. Is this just bad random luck of the draw? Feel bad I didn't do the 7* Sidious like every single other team in GW.

Audio is won't help. I have that and got around node 7 then faced maxed out purple team. My Sidious was gone instantly and 3 others were in yellow
  • Grendel007 wrote: »
    Karnafexx wrote: »
    I don't mind the retreat changes but the last two GWs I did I've gotten whale teams on the fourth and fifth battles and I'm done. One or two levels higher than me with all six and seven star guys. My B teams can't touch them and my A team might have a single survivor or two.
    I just don't understand how it's gone from being competitive to finish a GW to can't make it past battle six. Is this just bad random luck of the draw? Feel bad I didn't do the 7* Sidious like every single other team in GW.

Audio is won't help. I have that and got around node 7 then faced maxed out purple team. My Sidious was gone instantly and 3 others were in yellow

Sidious, not audio is
  • MrClean621 wrote: »
    Finished 10 battles today (I know I will get killed by this OP squad in the 11th) and it didn't drop 1 purple ability mat. Not one!! Spent hours of spare time trying different combos to tear and scrape my way through and I don't even end up with enough mats to upgrade one chars abilities?????

Sorry Devs but this is getting disgusting! The rewards don't even come close to the task. It's like a brain surgeon making minimum wage. Believe me when I tell you that YOU WILL start losing players and money if you don't change something fast. Do you guys seriously not see how out of balance this is?? You need no less than 15 maxed out chars with gear and ability upgrades to fight your way through the labyrinth that is GW (atleast the GW that I'm experiencing) and when it's all said and done we get scraps for rewards. Especially considering what some of us are running into every day!

Exactly how are we supposed to keep up with the game when the drop rate for ability mats is abysmal???? I could fight 10 battles in cantina squad and maybe have it drop one or two. GW is giving out less too. It's a joke!

Yes, rewards are ridiculous other than the green crystals. I lose half my team on node 7 to a maxed out team and get lvl 1 green triangle. Added that to my 90 and quit GW.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Grendel007 wrote: »
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    Finished 10 battles today (I know I will get killed by this OP squad in the 11th) and it didn't drop 1 purple ability mat. Not one!! Spent hours of spare time trying different combos to tear and scrape my way through and I don't even end up with enough mats to upgrade one chars abilities?????

Sorry Devs but this is getting disgusting! The rewards don't even come close to the task. It's like a brain surgeon making minimum wage. Believe me when I tell you that YOU WILL start losing players and money if you don't change something fast. Do you guys seriously not see how out of balance this is?? You need no less than 15 maxed out chars with gear and ability upgrades to fight your way through the labyrinth that is GW (atleast the GW that I'm experiencing) and when it's all said and done we get scraps for rewards. Especially considering what some of us are running into every day!

Exactly how are we supposed to keep up with the game when the drop rate for ability mats is abysmal???? I could fight 10 battles in cantina squad and maybe have it drop one or two. GW is giving out less too. It's a joke!

Yes, rewards are ridiculous other than the green crystals. I lose half my team on node 7 to a maxed out team and get lvl 1 green triangle. Added that to my 90 and quit GW.

Well since you only wan't the green crystals, can I have the rest of your winnings o:)
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • @EA_Jesse seems like all the Players got the same Problem with GW.

Hard work to fix it again :)
  • Tipp for all Players

You need two Tanks, Poa and Chewie, two Jedi Healer and Ray or Luke with lots of Gunpower :)....

best Version all of them Level 6 or 7, Purple abilitys.

Luck us all...will the force be with you
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    One thing that still drive me bonkers with GW is that benched characters don't recover HP (not enough anyhow) or cooldowns whatsoever after they are removed from the active squad.

e.g. I use Phasma for a battle and an ability is left on cooldown because the last guy died before I could sneak enough turns in... I bench her.... when I pull her out 3 rounds later, that same cooldown is in its same state. This is especially compounded when it's a healer who is stuck on a forever-cooldown due to a bad matchup or whatever.

This really makes no sense and should change, imho... especially if depth of roster is the focus/goal of GW. Why hasn't this been looked at in more earnest?

The worst nightmare scenario is to complete a round with everyone at low-mid health and all healers, benched or not, on cooldown for the next round. That's just a completely impossible situation to solve.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • DARTH_TED wrote: »
    I have to agree with several previous posts. It took me a month to beat GW the first time. Another week to beat it the second time but I then rattled off 13 in a row. And then last week changed where I just can't win. I am level 69 and have 2 7*characters. And I am going up against 5 7* level 70 characters by the fourth battle every time now. It's just no fun. I'm OK with challenging and I was completely fine with the rewards for beating it but now I don't even have a chance. If this is intended fantastic just let us know so I can quit. I have not spent thousands but I'm by no means a free to play Player. But this does definitely have the effect of me not spending anymore money because I can't win anything anyway so why bother.

I agree with this
  • Drifter wrote: »
    Just to say my piece. Its impossible to complete GW for a late gamer like me, facing whales midway through. Having to reset and wait for midnight to reset again.

Forget strategy when opponent's team simply zap my entire team in 4 turns. Not even going into my back benchers. Looks like i'd never get to unlock the achievement for 10 completion. Ju

My strategy. Get to impossible team, retreat, retreat, retreat, rage quit and curse everyone on dev team
  • I DID IT!! I finished for the 5th time!! Halfway to the 10 achievement! At the current rate I will make it in a few weeks.

One thing I noticed. Sometimes you will have your chars in a certain order and you will be getting creamed. If you simply leave the exact same chars in but experiment with their positions suddenly you can find an order where it works better. The AI will often attack a specific position and not necessarily a specific toon. Also you can make a big difference with chars that get an assist if you pay attention. If the assist is coming from a low damage toon and you are not quite getting that finishing blow then try putting a high DPS char in that position. The assist will come from the same spot. Of course this doesn't always work because you could stick a Jedi against Sid and he could dodge them. Or the move could cause the AI to attack differently.

I guess this is what I don't like about GW. There is really nothing random from move to move. There is a predetermined "best" set of moves that you can perform. I don't think it necessarily means that you can win every battle everyday but there is still a best case scenario. The problem is that most of us don't have the kind of time needed to first figure out the best set of toons and then also figure out the best sequence of events.

Today I had a battle where at first I was getting destroyed. I swapped out one char and the sequence changed. I then kept memorizing every move and managed to get deeper and deeper into the battle. Memorize...retreat...swap positions Memorize.... Retreat... Swap positions.... The exact same battle that I was getting annihilated in I managed to win only losing one toon and the rest in pretty good health with cooldowns in a reasonable place.

The last couple of nodes I was down to 4 of my 5 main chars and one second stringer. The difficulty settled down a bit and I escaped the last node with only 3 in tact.

Still... Seems like a lot of "work" and time to try to figure out everyday.

• Starjumper
    993 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Ok, here's my first attempt at uploading screens so fingers crossed it works

My squad
    Screenshot_2016-02-09-00-23-33.png

My most recent GW opponents
    9th feb
    Screenshot_2016-02-09-00-22-46.png

10th feb
    Screenshot_2016-02-08-01-44-06.png

So as you can see its turning out pretty impossible to complete GW for me
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
This discussion has been closed.